Golfing with concussion

TheMidge

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever golf with a concussion before? My local course just opened and I am still recovering from my concussion I got last week. Also I just got a new R11s driver and have yet to try it out.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING with a concussion without a doctor's concurrence.

I'm with Wade I would wait till the doctor clears you, your brain is not something to mess with.

I honestly wouldn't want to do it for the fear of something terrible happening. I would be very cautious and ask your Dr. If I were you. You don't want to make a problem get bigger/worse.

Having experienced one or two before, I would recommend listening to these guys as well or consult your doctor first. These things are not to be messed with.

I have had many concussions or varying severity. I would recommend not doing anything. Wait for your brain to heal properly.

I've had a few concussions, possibly more, depending on how you define few. Anyway, golf is something that you would normally think wouldn't be a big deal when dealing with this, but it's more physical than we realize sometimes. Talk to your doc and see what he/she says. That's the best thing to do. It may seem like there's no risk in playing a little golf, but you never know. Sometimes just getting your heart rate up a little bit will trigger symptoms. It really sucks waiting for our noggins to heal. Good luck with it.

Have at it. What's the worse that could happen !!!!! :alien:

well, you saw what happened to Tiger's game after an iron to the head. let that be your lesson. :act-up:

Um, I wouldn't get any closer than watching golf channel or playing TW on xbox (and not the one with the motion sensor either!). There's a reason the docs tell you to lay low!

Anyone ever golf with a concussion before? My local course just opened and I am still recovering from my concussion I got last week. Also I just got a new R11s driver and have yet to try it out.

Check with your Dr. There's a lot of variance with concussions. Regardless of what he says, I wouldn't ride in a cart until fully recovered.

I got a few concussions playing college football. I absolutely wouldn't do it without the doctors clearance. Your brain is not something you want to mess with like others have said, and there's a reason they told you not to do any physically exerting exercise for whatever time period he told you.

This Might be a first, never been asked and never thought about it. I don't think I would, if I did I'm Sure my wife will give me another concussion for being an idiot

I can't imagine trying to golf with a concussion. But yeah, as others are saying, definitely check with your doc as it can vary with the severity and it's really not something anyone else can determine for you.

I'm sorry, but no, just no. Even the worst doctor probably knows more about the human body and the damage we can do it. I would probably double check with the doc before teeing it up.

At first glance I read "golfing with confusion" to which the answer would be, all the time. Never a concussion though and I doubt it's a good idea.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING with a concussion without a doctor's concurrence.

I agree 100%. Recover first, then, with your docs okay, play as he allows.

get it checked out, golf will be right here waiting for you regardless of your injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back