Nickent CYG Hosel Pictures

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived today for an upcoming column we are doing on shafts. Just wanted to take a couple of up close pictures for people to see what this thing was all about.

558407668_YHPhp-L.jpg

558407812_JXrvV-L.jpg

I'm still waiting for mine. I haven't called yet, thinking they will be coming any time but maybe I should.

Wait, so you can effectively change the loft from 9* to 10* just by changing the head position? How does that work?

• Admin
It is changed based on lie angle.

Actually Floppy, I think you can change a 10.5° to an 8.5 or a 12.5.

• Admin
That is correct for the most part.

I'm not smart enough to understand that thing.

Hey guys.

It has been a while.

The CYG Hosel thing is confusing to myself and all people who use it. The "effective loft" changes up to 1.5 degrees while the face angle and lie angle change a maximum of 3 degrees. By closing the face of the loft you increase the loft and vice-versa. That seems to be contradictory but it works. By closing the face at address you have to open the face at impact so you have changed the "effective loft" at impact but at address a 10.5 degree driver is still 10.5 degree, however upon impact it may play the characteristics of a 11.5-12 degree driver.

Does that make sense? I will try and check back here more oftern, or JB will yell at me, to answer more of the questions. The interchangeable technology is a work in progress as a technology so we are learning every day more and more about it.

Just kidding about JB by the way.

www.nickentgolf.com

No he's not, we badger the poor guy all day long.

Wow, that is as clear as mud.lol

If it works I don't need to know how or why.haha

I'll play with mine tomorrow:D It seems to me to set it at more or less loft you are also changing the shot shape as well. From the diagram a -2 degree change is also on the "Right" setting and a 2 degree increase in loft is the "Left" setting.... But I will admit it confuses the heck out of me looking at the diagram though as it looks as if you can hit a high slice from the flight pattern diagram, but the setting for "Right" delofts the club 2 degrees. Geuss I'll just have to play with it and see what happens...

CM I have been playing mine closer to the full Left and I like it a lot.

CM I have been playing mine closer to the full Left and I like it a lot.

Well that won't work for me... Left is not a setting I would want to use right now.

Curious though, with at full "Left" do you see a higher ball flight?? Because the settings says that adds the 2 degrees loft.

I finally spent about 30 minutes at the range hitting a few more settings and decided to trust this driver for a full round at a pretty tight but long course here called Pine Island CC today. I hit 2 pull hooks...and the rest were absolute rockets right down the middle. I had more confidance swinging that then I have had with my Monster or my 15* driver/3-wood which I also carry. I was actually 0-3 with the wood and 9-11 with the Evolver CYG. 2 notches from the N towards L was my winning setting, which gave me an 11* loft. I was 275-280 with it and 250-260 on my usual toe misses. I had 2 toe misses that still went straight, the 2 snap hooks right into trouble, and 7 bombs for me.

I am estatic to finally have confidence with a driver again.

I finally spent about 30 minutes at the range hitting a few more settings and decided to trust this driver for a full round at a pretty tight but long course here called Pine Island CC today. I hit 2 pull hooks...and the rest were absolute rockets right down the middle. I had more confidance swinging that then I have had with my Monster or my 15* driver/3-wood which I also carry. I was actually 0-3 with the wood and 9-11 with the Evolver CYG. 2 notches from the N towards L was my winning setting, which gave me an 11* loft. I was 275-280 with it and 250-260 on my usual toe misses. I had 2 toe misses that still went straight, the 2 snap hooks right into trouble, and 7 bombs for me.

I am estatic to finally have confidence with a driver again.

Congrats -- confidence with the driver is so critical. It's just no fun to play if you never get it in the fairway or never carry more than 220 or so.

Back