TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

yeah but how often to logic win out? Lol. Great point though.

I just tell myself I cant hit it. It works. Besides this is a low spin driver most of you guys are looking at a driver thats wrong for your game.

I've gotten word that I will be getting an R11!!! Woohoo. What a blessing.

Two things... Now, like TC, I'll probably want the R11 fairway and I just got the Superfast! But oh well. The Fairway doesn't come out until March and I can't go that long without one anyway.

About the ASP. From what I understand when you set it to closed, the ASP protrudes from the club so that when you set it down the club is closed. When you set it to open, the ASP sinks into the club if you will, allowing it to sit open when you ground the club at address. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the tee boxes I'm use to aren't hard or rigid so the ASP plate - even when protruding from the club at closed - will just sink into the grass?

Sounds like the ASP is not so much a scientific open the face, close the face as it is a tool to help you set up open or closed.

Sorry dudes lets all just hug and fruit some beer!

The only thing holding me back from wanting this driver is I'm going to be dissapointed when something is released again a month or two later.

The only thing holding me back from wanting this driver is I'm going to be dissapointed when something is released again a month or two later.

I wouldn't worry about that. The R9 is still going strong.

I wouldn't worry about that. The R9 is still going strong.

You're right hawk, but you know that feeling when you look at your bag at just your mentality is like "sweet, I got the newest driver out there today!" and not for bragging rights but you just feel good about it and then a month or two later and you think "awww...."

What if the "white" is just a one year thing? How would that affect some if next year, all the white drivers weren't being used on tour any more?

What if the "white" is just a one year thing? How would that affect some if next year, all the white drivers weren't being used on tour any more?

What if TM pulled a titleist and this was it for drivers for a couple years? This was their big finale.

I hope this isn't just a one year thing. I'll be quite disappointed if it is. I don't think we have worry though, TM has invested to much in it IMO for them to pull it after one season.

I have similar thoughts TC. I figured my Superfast TP in all black and regular Superfast 3 Wood won't over go "out of style." But if someone gets a white driver, white 3 wood, white rescue, white putter... How's that gonna look if the white fizzles out next year???

Perhaps I'll keep my Superfast TP so I'll have a black backup. Haha. But this just goes to show that marketing does influence us. If you hit missiles with it, who cares if your the only one with a white drive next year?

Anyone see my ASP comment? Thoughts?

What if I grab this low spin heifer and just drill them right down the middle with authority? Id be so confused.

I hope this isn't just a one year thing. I'll be quite disappointed if it is. I don't think we have worry though, TM has invested to much in it IMO for them to pull it after one season.

I'd never say never. It all depends on how the tour guys really recieve them.

I have similar thoughts TC. I figured my Superfast TP in all black and regular Superfast 3 Wood won't over go "out of style." But if someone gets a white driver, white 3 wood, white rescue, white putter... How's that gonna look if the white fizzles out next year???

Perhaps I'll keep my Superfast TP so I'll have a black backup. Haha. But this just goes to show that marketing does influence us. If you hit missiles with it, who cares if your the only one with a white drive next year?

Anyone see my ASP comment? Thoughts?

I did see your comment but can't really say anthing until i can see one and mess with the ASP in my own hands. Based on what I am seeing on their website, your assessment seems to be acurate.

Thanks TC. As someone who never purchased an R9 I can't wait to try this bad boy! Although my Superfast TP is a pretty mean fella as well. I think I'll love the ease of which I could change shafts.

What if you were on the Taylormade Ban list and weren't even allowed to buy the driver?

lol they know better then that.

I'd never say never. It all depends on how the tour guys really recieve them.

True, but I'd say the reception has been good so far. I'd say the maojority of the "big" TM staffers are playing it (or the white SF 2.0). A company like TM wouldn't move too far without consulting their players first for opinions. Seeing as the entire 2011 TM line up is white, I'd say it's here to stay. Unless TM is taking a huge risk on it, but I'd say that isn't the case.

True, but I'd say the reception has been good so far. I'd say the maojority of the "big" TM staffers are playing it (or the white SF 2.0). A company like TM wouldn't move too far without consulting their players first for opinions. Seeing as the entire 2011 TM line up is white, I'd say it's here to stay. Unless TM is taking a huge risk on it, but I'd say that isn't the case.

Well, they do pay those guys to play their stuff. I've just heard that there may be some grumblings, that's all.

I don't understand what you mean when you say they invested money into this. They are just "painting" the driver white. No investment at all. Not arguing with you just confused.

Well, they do pay those guys to play their stuff. I've just heard that there may be some grumblings, that's all.

True enough. I haven't heard anything, but then again, my ear isn't to the ground so I wouldn't know anyways. At the end of the day, I think the R11 line looks totally awesome, and I look forward to trying the driver and fairway out when I can. I'm not purchasing anything until after the Outing, so I can worry about it then. Then again though, the Outing can't come quickly enough!

I doubt seriously that the white will stick around, but I'm not bothered by that at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the versions of the R11 come out in a traditional color.

I don't understand what you mean when you say they invested money into this. They are just "painting" the driver white. No investment at all. Not arguing with you just confused.

What about that all white truck? You know that costs some seious $$$$$$$

Perhaps invested wasn't the greatest word choice, but when you look at the numbers that will be hitting store shelves, that would be a lot of inventory that perhaps would not sell. I'm sure they've done their homework so that the average person would get excited about the upcoming release.

When he says investing I don't think he means dollars and cents or how much they cost to produce, i.e., paint them white. I think he means the marketing, the production, the hype, the time it takes to build up a product and get people on the white band wagon. They are not just throwing out a beta version to see how it goes, they're full on "invested" in these drivers.

Of course, they may have a plan B. Like, if this crashes we have a matte black version at the ready.

I like the white better than red or yellow...

Back