Some Demo Day Impressions

Andrew858

Reaction score
Handicap
Went to a Demo Day here in San Diego on Sunday and got a chance to try out a few things. I'll rank them on what I thought felt the best.

Irons:
1. Nike Machspeed. The cavities may look funky but they look great at address and hit even better. High and straight every single time. Almost hard to not hit it straight, however, working the ball was not a problem.

2. Adams CB2. These look awesome. They are basically black finished A4's which is definitely not a bad thing. Had such a crispy, buttery feel to them. Super easy to hit and are definitely on my radar now.

3. Ping G15. Heads are a little too big for my tastes but a great club nevertheless. Launched a little lower than the Nike and Adams and distance was a little shorter than them as well. Even with the larger head, there was an exceptional amount of feel to them. Overall, a great club.

4. Nike Slingshot. Was surprised by these. Stupidly easy to hit straight. Launched very high and overall just a solid club. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't have that smooth feel like the Machspeed and CB2 when hit.

5. Cobra S2 and Cleveland CG7 BP. These felt similar to me. Both seemed a little less forgiving than the previous irons. Felt good but not great. Not much else to say about them.

Hybrids:
1. Adams A7. Super easy to hit. Ball jumps off the face and launches high and straight. Has a muted sound which I kind of enjoy.

2. Nike Victory Red. Looks like absolute trash but I was hitting it very well. Ball flies off the face. Its just a shame that it looks like a$$.

3. Adams Super Hybrid. A little too wood-like for my tastes but extremely easy to hit. These things shoot the ball very high in the air, making for a soft landing. The 17* I hit got as high as my 7 iron would be, which was very shocking.

4. Ping G15. Funky looks but effective. Not the greatest but not the worst either. Not much to say about it.

5. Nike Machspeed. Didn't like it at all. I dont know if it was the square shape or what, but it just didnt do anything for me.

Drivers:
1. Ping G15. This club is an absolute beast. Was hitting bomb after bomb all day with it. Extremely hot face, the ball just explodes off of it.

2. R9 Supertri. Had a similar feel to the G15 for me but I wasn't as consistent with it. I'm sure that would change with some tinkering to the head. Overall very, very solid.

3. Callaway Diablo Edge. Launched a little too high but was very forgiving and very straight. I liked the shape of the head...it just looks like its going to crush the ball and it delivers.

4. Burner Superfast. Face felt really hot but I think the shaft stinks. Even the stiff felt like a spaghetti noodle. Contact felt really good but the ball kept on ballooning. This head with the right shaft would be interesting.

5. Titleist 909DComp./Adams Fast 10. These clubs was inconsistent for me. Don't know what it was but just didn't hit them good at all.

Other Notes: As for wedges, the CG15's felt the best between them, the Vokeys and Victory Red. Adams' New All black line looks sexy as hell. The CB1 and CB2 are the best looking irons out there and even the new Puglielli forged wedge looks awesome.

Great information. Sounds like our FL outing demo day.

Great information. Sounds like our FL outing demo day.

i would agree with JB, except that i didn't see anyone have a problem with ballooning with the superfast. in fact, i played with biggsy, who gamed it for saturday's round, and everything for him was lower and more penetrating.

thanks for the write up andrew.

Back