Great Golf Repair Experience

GenErr

Reaction score
The shaft loosened from my SC Golo putter a few days ago. I took it to one repair shop locally and was told I had to leave it overnight and it would cost $20 to have it re-set.

The second place I took it to was the Toms River Golf Driving Range, in NJ, run by professional Bob Issler. Bob spent a few minutes doing the repair, and while the epoxy set, we spent another 15 minutes reminiscing about college (we both graduated from Seton Hall University around the same time), and talked about various NJ golf courses, etc. He charged a minimal fee for the repair, much less than the first place, and I was able to leave with my putter. A nice, pleasant, 20 minutes spent on a snowy Friday morning in Central NJ.

I had a similar experience at a local shop near me. My ferule came off and the guy put it back on and even gave me a sleeve of new Bridgestone balls as we were talking about trying different balls. I have been taking my business there ever since.

The shaft loosened from my SC Golo putter a few days ago. I took it to one repair shop locally and was told I had to leave it overnight and it would cost $20 to have it re-set.

The second place I took it to was the Toms River Golf Driving Range, in NJ, run by professional Bob Issler. Bob spent a few minutes doing the repair, and while the epoxy set, we spent another 15 minutes reminiscing about college (we both graduated from Seton Hall University around the same time), and talked about various NJ golf courses, etc. He charged a minimal fee for the repair, much less than the first place, and I was able to leave with my putter. A nice, pleasant, 20 minutes spent on a snowy Friday morning in Central NJ.

Great to hear. I would charge $5 to reset a putter. I might want it over night as I use 24 hour epoxy, but $20 is high. It is easy work and low cost. Nice you found someone else.

Love hearing these positive stories. Glad some people still know what service is.

Back