Best Distance Ball?

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
I usually play used balls since I have a rather large supply of them. But I think its about time I leave them for back yard practice and use new balls. I definitely will not benefit from the high dollar tour balls so what's a few of the best 2-piece balls out there right now? Is it possible to get a distance ball that still has a bit of feel too?

yeah I have heard good things about them. I have never liked top flite in the past but must keep an open mind...

after reading the review on THP for the Nike Crush I may grab a box of those to try out tomorrow...was thinking of the Callaway Warbird Plus but a few people said they were really hard.

Precept Laddie-X is a good one too. Im also partial to the Srixon AD333, Top-Flite D2 and Titleist DT Carry/Roll (which is now known as the SoLo). Last summer I found a Callaway Big Bertha out on the course, played it for quite a while and was actually pretty pleased with that too. It was kind of clicky, but in terms of spin and feel it was as good as any other distance ball.
I cant really comment on anything Nike.

Bridgestone TreoSoft is one that I use.

Re: Best Distance Ball?

I play the gamer v2 and like it. It plays better around the green than the nike power soft which I used to play. I have tour level balls (nike one tour and tour d) i bought on sale and I will say the v2 isnt as awesome around the greens but is a very good ball in its own right. I found a wilson staff zip and it was good too. Alot of options out there. I need to stop losing them lol.

I tried some distance balls like burner, crush, diablo, e6 and others (rx08,rx10) last month (looking for long/straight of the tee and enough control for short game).

Short game (distance balls):
- burner: good pitching, but unpredictable on chipping (to much roll)
- crush: very nice with the putter, "harder" but good feeling on chipping/pitching
- diablo: highest ball flight, more spin, soft
- e6: very soft on pitching/chipping

I tried some distance balls like burner, crush, diablo, e6 and others (rx08,rx10) last month (looking for long/straight of the tee and enough control for short game).

- burner: good pitching, but unpredictable on chipping (to much roll)
- crush: very nice with the putter, "harder" but good feeling on chipping/pitching
- e6: very soft on pitching/chipping

after reading the review on THP for the Nike Crush I may grab a box of those to try out tomorrow...was thinking of the Callaway Warbird Plus but a few people said they were really hard.

I played the Nike Crush for a while, were great off the tee, good value for money spent.

CCR, it is different for most people. I would recommend one of the Bridgestone trouble series balls. Try their free online fitting and see what is best. E7 provides great distance, but the e5, and e6 are also made to help fight parts of the game.

CCR, it is different for most people. I would recommend one of the Bridgestone trouble series balls. Try their free online fitting and see what is best. E7 provides great distance, but the e5, and e6 are also made to help fight parts of the game.

The e series is great. I use the e5 to get a higher ball flight and I have added distance on my irons since I started using it. Check out the B-Fit chat on their website. A rep will ask some questions and find a ball that should fit you.

Also, you can find them in almost any condition at http://www.knetgolf.com for about 50% the new price if they are too expensive.

Re: Best Distance Ball?

I ended up picking up a box of the Nike crush. Felt good off the tee. Decent feel around the greens. Good off the putter. I think I might game these for now

Found a callaway warbird plus today. Played a few holes with it...and liked it alot. But my game is so bad right now...I doubt any ball in the world will make a difference...sigh

In an effort to revive this thread, what are the longest balls you game? I am looking to upgrade from cheap Callaway Warbirds to a better ball. Any suggestions? Looking for more distance off the tee.

I like the Nike Ignite. I use it for all my long drive contests. :D

try the nike mojo.. they were long for me, i was rather surprised!

I am currently using the Diablo Tours based on a recommendation. I've lost a small amount of spin, IMO, from what I was playing, but the price is about 35% cheaper! And the first time I hit one....wow, they're pretty long!
try the nike mojo.. they were long for me, i was rather surprised!
We got a six-pack of these at a tourney recently. I figured I'd hit one on the long drive hole and only missed by a few yards. :angry: Felt way better than the old Mojo balls.

e7 gets my vote.

I've played Titleist Pro V1x, TM Penta, Bridgestone and the Nike One Tour D.... none compare to the new Nike 20Xi-X. I did my own spin rate testing on myy Vector X launch monitor and Nike;s claims of lower driver spin held true.

I am no where near the level of playing to have to worry about spin control. I am looking for more distance and softness around the greens if such a thing exists.

Back