Z- Star vs. B330-RX

C

ChristianGolfer

It seems to me the Z-Star is longer than the RX. But the RX seems to have more spin around the green. Do you find this to be true?

It seems to me the Z-Star is longer than the RX. But the RX seems to have more spin around the green. Do you find this to be true?

it is the exact opposite for me. That is exactly why ball fittings are so important in my opinion.

Hmmmmm. Interesting....
I am now curious as to everyones experience with these balls.

I found the RX spun quite a lot less around the greens and shots inside 120 yards. I did not see any appreciable distance gain from this ball either. I will try the RXS to see if it is any better but I was very disappointed in the RX. I have a low 90's swing speed with the driver so I was hoping to pick up some distance with this ball. Even if I had though the lack of spin would have kept it from becoming a keeper. Different strokes for different folks.

Tried both and did a write up on the BStone. They're both great balls but I got better spin with the ZStar. The 330RX had a good check up but the ZStar I actually got to backspin which was a first for me. The ZStar feels softer but both balls I had to adjust putting wise (it felt like I had to push the ball more). Distance wise I didn't have a huge difference but I felt like I was getting better compression from the ZStar than the 330RX. Overall, the ZStar worked better for my game but like JB said that's why ball fittings are important. If you can't then buy a sleeve of each and just see what works better for you. My $.02.

I've played both (330rx for the bridgestone). I feel like I get more distance with the Bridgestone. Around the green, there was more spin with the Srixon, but I prefer the feel of the Bridgestone for chipping and (especially) putting.

I have played both, Z-star is a much better fit for me. Z-star is longer with more spin around the green. I also prefer the softer feel off the putter face. I really wanted to like the 330-RX, Z-star is now my favourite golf ball.

I played the RX for the first time the past few days.
FYI, I did not like the last incarnations of the 330 for some reason.
Long sotry short, the RX will be the next doz I buy.
Tried last year's ZStars, nice, but weren't for me. Still have a few sleeves on the shelf.

The Z-Star comes in yellow. Does the other ball come in yellow?

Kevin

Comparing the Z-Star to the RX is kind of like comparing apples to oranges. They are designed for 2 different kinds of players with 2 different swingspeeds.

I just bought a dozen tour yellows. I figure I hit the Pro V1 well, so the Z Star shouldn't be to much different. My run in with Bridgestone balls was short and anything but sweet.

Comparing the Z-Star to the RX is kind of like comparing apples to oranges. They are designed for 2 different kinds of players with 2 different swingspeeds.

Ummmm, not according to the information we have. In what way? They both say SS under 95

Ummmm, not according to the information we have. In what way? They both say SS under 95

Z-Star is designed for a pro's swingspeed whereas the RX is designed for the slower swingspeed of an amatueur, or so that was my understanding. Apparently I was mistaken...

Z-Star is designed for a pro's swingspeed whereas the RX is designed for the slower swingspeed of an amatueur, or so that was my understanding. Apparently I was mistaken...

The Z-Star X is the harder ball of the two according to Srixon.

I have had the oppisite with my game, in fact I don't think I have ever had a B330 RX stop on the green very well. I thought about a small parachute but I think that's against the rules.

ive tried both and prefer the b330rx... i can hit it farther and feel more comfortable with it anywhere around the green from inside 80

I have been a Bridgestone fan for the last six months. I have tried the E5, E6, E7, and the 330RX. Normally, I play the E5 and 330RX. A while ago, I tested the Srixon AD333's and they weren't that long off the driver but accurate with the irons, wedges, and putts. Everyone's been talking about the Z-Star. I thought I would give the Srixon Z-Star a shot (not the yellow ones). I was pleasantly surprised by the performance. It was long with the driver and had good roll out. The ball has solid feel with the irons. It had a really nice ball flight, it didn't balloon at all. There was no clicking noise on the putter. I don't spin the ball with the wedges. My results were that it hopped with a little roll out on chips and pitches (Vokey/Niblick). I will keep the Bridgestones because they work great for my game but I think the Z-Stars are a nice addition to the bag.

Back