Another New Mexican

Nuevo_eph

Reaction score
Handicap
Done lurking, now joining.

Just thought I'd say hi and hello from NM. I'm getting back into the game after doing triathlons for the last 5-6 years and can't believe how much the bug has re-bitten me.

I also can't believe how great this site is. JB & crew are active and fun and I hope to add to the community. I live in Socorro, NM; pretty much smack-dab in the middle. I'm fortunate to live about 1/4 mile from the course and anticipate getting my handicap from the mid-30s down into the high 20s within the year.

Also, before joining, I made sure to buy a niblick. It's in the mail and I will immediately extend it an inch and regrip it (I'm 6'4"+).

Welcome to THP, Nuevo!

Hello and Welcome to THP!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the Paradise, Nuevo!

Welcome to THP Nuevo!

Another New Mexican

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.

I grew up in Clovis. Give us an update on the State Championships!

welcome aboard Nuevo!

Welcome.

I grew up in Clovis. Give us an update on the State Championships!

Hi staticline - the A-AAA championships are here right now so I assume that's what you want. I was hoping a friend's young son would pull off a win as a freshman but that doesn't look likely at this point. I didn't pay attention too closely but St. Michael's is winning in boys with hometown Socorro in last place. In the girl's, it's the opposite with Socorro well ahead for first.

anyone in particular you are interested in?

4A-5A is in Cruces, I believe.

Socorro is a great track. Played a few junior events there. My dad's in Cruces. I'll get some 5A updates from him. I played on the Clovis team in the early '80s.

Welcome to THP.

Lol.. I saw this title and thought something else. Welcome!!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Nuevo!! Good to see others from my home state. I lived in Las Cruces for 25 years and recently moved to DFW for a job, I miss the food so bad, North Texas doesn't have clue what green chile is. Have you played the "new course" (forgot the name) in T or C heard it was real nice?

Thanks all!

Flyit - I haven't had a chance to play that course yet (just getting back into golf) but a lot of friends rave about it. I still think that is such a weird place for a golf course but as long as it can stay open...

Good to hear about Cruces, that's where I grew up from 3rd grade through State. And oh yeah, I hear you about the Mexican food in Texas. When I worked in San Angelo for a semester, I about cried when the relleno I ordered came out stuffed with ground beef. And chile only has one I and no beans in it, damnit! :)

Wait. So there's a New Mexico?

Enjoy the forum.

Kevin

Back