Ever get one of these bad boys?

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I was at the range today and after awhile formed a small blister that was barely even noticeable, all night it grew into this. Sorry for the bad pic, hopefully you can see the bubble. It's actually massive. Probably at the highest point of it is like a half inch off my thumb.

33tibyw.jpg

yikes, how many balls did you hit? :p

Ouch! I've never had a blister from playing golf. Do you wear a glove? You must have hit a LOT of balls!

Nasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For up-close shots, use the macro function on your camera.

Good luck with that, i just put a pice of duct tape over it. And by the time you need to take the tape off, either the blisters gone, or it comes off with the tape

Good luck with that, i just put a pice of duct tape over it. And by the time you need to take the tape off, either the blisters gone, or it comes off with the tape

lol... duct tape fixes everything

I always end up ripping my blisters the day I get them.

Never a nice thing.. I have a pretty high swing speed, and I murder golf gloves...

you will probably have to remove the finger...

Wow that's nasty! Can't say I ever got one that big!

ouch!!

I have had 3-4 really really nasty blisters this year. I have never struggled with them before. Maybe I am holding the club too tight?

I would post pictures but no one wants to see that

Strange place to get a golf blister! Which hand is it, the one near the butt of the club, or the one near the (visible) shaft?

This one is the hand without the golf glove. I only hit 1 bucket of balls. I popped it yesterday morning and It shrunk a little bit but now it is back to where it was before. Looking at it right now It's massive again.

The band-aid brand blister bandages are FANTASTC. if you get them on as soon as you feel the hotspot they prevent the blister, and are padded to help prevent pain.

They are also desiged to stay on for 4-5 days. Your body heat makes the adhesive seal. I had one band-aid hold up for 3 days, 3 showers, and 36 holes of golf.

Thanks gus, I'll have to look for those. Right now I use a medical adhesive called DuoDerm. It's basically like a fake skin that I wrap around the thumb, but it does nothing when I want to go play golf. I'll have to look out for those.

I used to get one of those from throwing too many curve balls, never from a golf club though! I feel like a slacker now....how many buckets did you go through at the range?

Im not sure if this is your kind of thing Dent but baseball players pee on their hands. It toughens up your hands and helps prevent blisters. Just make sure you wash your hands before you eat.

It might sound a little extreme but if it becomes a problem I would try it.

Im not sure if this is your kind of thing Dent but baseball players pee on their hands. It toughens up your hands and helps prevent blisters. Just make sure you wash your hands before you eat.

Just a tiny bit extreme Gas!

punching hot sand with open fists works well...
and picking up the hot container with your forearms makes cool dragon body mods...
chicks dig scars

TheGasman said:

Or you can buy 12% urea cream at your local pharmacy and avoid that whole senario

Wow Gas,

that is a little bit extreme yes, but If it gets any worse as gross as it sounds I may try it.. Only pee on them once?

Wow Gas,

that is a little bit extreme yes, but If it gets any worse as gross as it sounds I may try it.. Only pee on them once?

2-3 times a day for about a month!
Also. I will redirect you to the post where you can buy a cream that does the same thing but doesn't require you pee on yourself.

For the record... this is the best article I could find on a quick search.

Urea

but only pee on them after you stick your hands in jelly fish venom

Back