Bought some alignment sticks today....

derelict

In the trees
Reaction score
Handicap
short game
I've been meaning to get these for a long time, but finally went out and bought these.

I'm looking for a good site that has some drills for using these. Can anyone post some links?

Thanks!

Lay em on the ground and hit some shots. :)

I keep one in my bag and use it to keep my stance square and also for a smooth takeaway. Where did you pick them up at, I bought my at Home Depot for a couple of bucks!

i found an old tent and took the posts things out of it and they are the perfect size and fit very easy into my bag lol

and welcome to THP MoneyMike!

If you're just looking to align yourself, I find that putting one of the sticks about 2 feet in front of the ball on your target line and another stick closer to your feet along the line of your shoulders helps me with knowing that my body is aligned correctly with the target line. The 2 sticks are obviously parallel to one another.

In terms of drills to do, another one you can do is put one of the sticks in the ground a few feet behind you at an angle that matches the angle of the club shaft. Take some slow swings, and take the club outside of the stick on the backswing and inside it on the downswing. I use that drill mainly because one of my problems is taking the club back too far to the inside; if I do that, I hit the stick on the way back.

I usually put them in my empty beer bottles when I am done. They make nice candlesticks at dusk for late nights on the range. ;)

what kind if sticks? just wood dowels?

If you go to Lowes or Home Depot look for some driveway markers. Essentially the same thing.

Arydolphin -- The second drill you mentioned really helps with the flat swing.

I bought my alignment sticks at Lowes (yellow) for a couple of bucks.

Back