Anybody use Iomic grips on their irons or woods?

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I have never used an Iomic grip on anything other than a putter, but a guy in my group had a set of J40 CB's with C-tapers in them and he let me hit a few shots with them yesterday.

The Iomic grips he had on there were soft and very tacky....I kind of liked them, but wondered how long they stay that way.

I really do think they're a perfect combination of softness and tackiness. The tack remains, but durability is where it gets me. At whatever price you get them for which is over $10 /grip, they won't last a season. They start tearing after a couple dozen rounds, at least did for me. It's generally where you place the most pressure, which for me is my thumbs. I'll never use them again.

With how far the major companies have come, I really think they are overrated now. I used to love them, but they've been caught now everywhere but the putter IMHO.

Plus, they're expensive and not very durable for long seasons in the heat, at least for me.

Thanks guys, durability was my main concern, they felt great but seemed like they might wear quickly, especially in south Texas heat and humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't notice anything too special about it. It felt good, just not $17 good.

Last edited:
Take a look into tacki Mac itomics. 1/4 the price.

I love the X-Evolution are the best grip I have ever used. Tacky with great texture and durable. I'm always looking around for a good deal on 13 of them. Take a look at the Lamkin I-line, they hooked up with Iomic and came out with a line of grips. Oh and don't forget the Gripes.

Back