BROCK

Hackshack
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty neat site. But I pretty much keep it at the speed limit or 2 or 3 over anyway. 68 or 73 is fast enough anyway. When they increased the speed limits from 55 mph, I got rid of my radar detector and actually slowed down! (I used to drive 10-20 over the limit most of the time on the highways).

I've only been caught twice. Both from damn cameras. One I was late for a tee time and the other I just didn't really notice I was speeding. I speed a lot because I just feel the speed limit is so slow especially on the highways. It's only 80KM on some parts here.

My gf has an iphone app that alerts you to speed traps close to you. Don't know what its called though.

My gf has an iphone app that alerts you to speed traps close to you. Don't know what its called though.

That would be cool to know if you find out.

[video=youtube;ph-qv4gYAE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8[/video]

Top gear guys on how to avoid ticket.. :wavey:

[video=youtube;ph-qv4gYAE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8[/video]

Top gear guys on how to avoid ticket.. :wavey:

I'm pretty sure when you fly by them sitting on the side of the road at 170mph+ they will know.

Had a couple bikers a few weeks ago get pulled over for doing 160+. Thats just crazy on a highway

haha I don't mean to be rude, but why not just drive 70-72 and let the crazies flying by at 80-90 get pulled over??

Is it really worth getting there 5 minutes early?

haha I don't mean to be rude, but why not just drive 70-72 and let the crazies flying by at 80-90 get pulled over??

Is it really worth getting there 5 minutes early?

That's how I look at it now. When I was in my 20's though . . .

The video of the guys trying to beat the speed cameras with speed was interesting. I'm so glad that Gov Brewer dismantled our speed camera program here in AZ.

haha in my teens I acquired two speeding tickets totaling 52mph over the speed limit.. So yeah, I hear ya Smallie!!

I drove fast, but my worst ticket ever was 62 in a 45. Going through downtown it drops from 55 to 45 for a mile or two. I've only gotten a few speeding tickets ever. I also got two for rolling through stop signs and one for no seat belt.

Only one ticket here and thats plenty for me. 88 in a 55 driving back to college. Thought I was cool until I got the ticket. :dohanim:

Years ago I got my only speeding ticket, 65 in a 55 zone. It was 10:00 pm on a straight-away, well-lit, two lane highway with absolutely no one on the road but me, and I was driving a minivan! I couldn't believe the trooper pulled me over! Maybe to fill a quota?

If I see a speed trap on the opposite side of the road. I flash my lights to warn other drivers. Do others do this too?

If I see a speed trap on the opposite side of the road. I flash my lights to warn other drivers. Do others do this too?

Nope. If a cop sees you do it you're going to get pulled over for that.

I only have 2 speeding tickets. One for 26 over and another for 15 over. The 15 over was on the interstate and the 26 was on a back road. IMO, if you are speeding, you deserve to get a ticket. I certainly deserved it both times.

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I'm in no way condoning speeding. I'm in not that big of a hurry. I will usually just set the cruise at 6 over the limit and call it happy but I have received my share of tickets. It just isn't worth it anymore.

I've had one speeding ticket. 103 in a 35. The ticket alone was 700$.

I've had one speeding ticket. 103 in a 35. The ticket alone was 700$.

Lucky that's all you got!

in the state of CA, anything over 90 or 100 (I forgot exact number) could be automatically considered reckless / exhibition of speed and grounds to have your car impounded, crushed, you arrested, or all of the above...

Lucky that's all you got!

in the state of CA, anything over 90 or 100 (I forgot exact number) could be automatically considered reckless / exhibition of speed and grounds to have your car impounded, crushed, you arrested, or all of the above...

Oh I got all that too, I simply meant the speeding ticket alone was 700$ I lost my license for 1 year for everything, and had 1 year work permit and all my fines totalled near 2,000$. Plus I jhad to have SR22 insurance for 5 years. Oh and the cop drew his firearm on me. Hehe.

I was 86 in a 60. I totally forgot about the camera at the intersection right before a bridge I was flying up. Luckily it was a camera, if it was a cop I would have gotten a larger ticket.

Back