Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

He's replacing me.

Sadly, the finalized calendar for the school year came out and as a teacher I just can't miss the first two days of the year, even with it likely being my last year, I just cannot do that as its not right and I know it. Plus, my dad and sister will be in state then, so its best I stay here and take care of things at home. Kills me, because the awesome that is going to happen in this one will warp minds, but being an adult sucks sometimes.

Congrats Galen! Have a blast!

Jman you will be missed I am sorry it didnt work schedule wise for you man.

He's replacing me.

Sadly, the finalized calendar for the school year came out and as a teacher I just can't miss the first two days of the year, even with it likely being my last year, I just cannot do that as its not right and I know it. Plus, my dad and sister will be in state then, so its best I stay here and take care of things at home. Kills me, because the awesome that is going to happen in this one will warp minds, but being an adult sucks sometimes.

I'm sorry you had to drop out. My wife and I work for our local school district so I know the effort and time you put into your work.

He's replacing me.

That sucks. Hopefully, you'll get into a another THP event this year

sux jman...know you were really looking forward to this awesome event. i get what you are saying and i am sure the students will appreciate you not missing those days.

Looking forward to meeting you Galen. You are getting a great first taste into THP Events.

Welcome aboard. Should be a great couple of days!

Welcome Galen! Looking forward to meeting you out in SD! James, so sorry you can't make it but work/family have to trump fun.

Thanks fellas, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. THP forum has been a great place for me so I know I'm gonna have a great time with you all.

Hopefully I haven't posted anywhere about my 350 yard drive average and scores in the low 60's. Better go back and check all my old posts.

Thanks fellas, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. THP forum has been a great place for me so I know I'm gonna have a great time with you all.

Hopefully I haven't posted anywhere about my 350 yard drive average and scores in the low 60's. Better go back and check all my old posts.

But you will be #OutingApproved after this...So you have that going for you.

Will be glad to meet you Galen! Sorry to hear you had to drop out James, but some things are more important. We will meet another time, good sir.

Galen, if you have a chance, drop into the extra rounds and activities thread we set up and see how things work for you. We have 2 rooms at the Embassy Suites La Jolla and we're planning on splitting them between the 7 of us, so if that works for you let us know when you plan on rolling in and out and we'll slot ya in!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Weakling. Don't be getting out the brag stick until you push 400+ and drop a few 59s :D

(This coming from a guy who is happy with 270 and best score ever is a 73)

Last edited:
Apparently my name was randomly drawn as an alternate and as of yesterday I'm going to this event! Thankfully the missus loves San Diego and we have some Sea World passes to use so I got the okay immediately. I have very strong opinions on what I think a shaft should look like but now that I'm facing the prospect of designing my own I've drawn a complete blank. I really like the look of the Fujikura Pro 63 TS, the way a black shaft looks in the 815 Alpha head and if they put a loud, large Project X on the shaft might be a nice thank you for the event as I'm sure it will attract a lot of attention and questions. But I also like white shafts and metallic looking ones as well. I know I'm going to ruin mine!

He's replacing me.

Sorry to hear about this Jman. I know you were really excited for this event. I'm missing the 2nd and 3rd day of Summer PD. No kids so I don't feel bad missing it. It technically counts towards last school year and I purposefully saved 2 personal days once I got into this event so I could use them for this event.

Welcome aboard Galen! This is going to truly be an amazing event and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Jman - sorry you are missing this event - I know how much you wanted it.
Galen - Welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have to say I've been hitting my driver A LOT in my recent rounds. Even on holes I know I probably shouldn't be I'm still teeing up with the driver to get ready for this event. The back 9 of my previous round and all of today's round I've been hitting it pretty darn well. Not many big misses and feeling pretty confident with it.

I have to say I've been hitting my driver A LOT in my recent rounds. Even on holes I know I probably shouldn't be I'm still teeing up with the driver to get ready for this event. The back 9 of my previous round and all of today's round I've been hitting it pretty darn well. Not many big misses and feeling pretty confident with it.

Same here. Just feel like I need to hit driver over and over to get ready for this event. 165 yard par 3 = choked down punch driver.

Played the Tips yesterday from around 6850 to ensure I would use driver on every hole besides a par 3. First round with the 915 and I hit 11 FWs. Thanks to Ryan for the loaner shaft. Even more excited for the test shaft to come.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bumping for the sake of bumping because I'm so freaking ready for this event to get here and I'm ready to meet the awesome peeps from Project X!

Played a course I've only played once in my life and hit 12/13 fairways with my driver. Single best driving day of my life. All the work I've been putting in with my driver at the range seems to be paying off. I attribute so much of my good driving to this event. I just want to be in a groove and make sure my swing is ready for when we head out to SD. I'm just so excited about this event!

Played a course I've only played once in my life and hit 12/13 fairways with my driver. Single best driving day of my life. All the work I've been putting in with my driver at the range seems to be paying off. I attribute so much of my good driving to this event. I just want to be in a groove and make sure my swing is ready for when we head out to SD. I'm just so excited about this event!

That's awesome Stan! We are getting closer and closer to this. I'm working hard to make sure my swing is in good shape. Really driving the ball extremely well right now and just want to keep that going!

Guys if you don't have tapatalk, please consider downloading it. There is going to be an epic live update thread at this event.

Guys if you don't have tapatalk, please consider downloading it. There is going to be an epic live update thread at this event.

I downloaded it when I got my new phone back in May. Have been practicing using it. Every time I post a picture I'm now using it. Definitely will be using it more and more as the event nears. I want to make sure THP is constantly updated on the amazing experience we're in for.

I use it all the time. The notification stuff is really handy for keeping on top of things.

I already have plans to bring my camera gear and use my iPad for live updating with some awesome pics.

Locked and loaded on Tapa talk for me. I wish I had one of the cryogen freezer thingy's so I could just sleep until this started.

Back