What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Range and THP.

Range, putting practice, short game practice, THP.

Went down to AC and hung around the putting green at the LPGA event with the Callaway tour rep.

THP has been it for me today, unless you count drooling over my iron ponder....

I demoed some new fairway woods in hopes of replacing my old adams 17* super hybrid and came away unimpressed.
An issue I have with fairway woods is that the shafts just feel too long when addressing the ball off the deck, 42"-43" just scares me and I'm dead before I even take the club back.
I only have enough confidence to play 40.5" max with any club off the deck. My super hybrid came 41.75" stock, when I cut it down to 40.375" it transformed from night to day for me.

Is it feasible to cut a fairway wood down to 41" or less? Should I just stick with 16-17* large headed hybrids since they come stock with under 41" lengths?

Regripped my driver, 2h, and 4h with some golf pride tour wraps as a cheap experiment since many people seem to like wraps on their woods. I like the wrap feel but they may be a little squishier than I like. I'm hoping to get some time with them on the course tomorrow or Friday.

Played 9 and tried to get one of the girls from work to join us for 9 on Friday afternoon. Planned out tomorrow's round which means it never goes according to plan.

Spent hours on THP and came home to find this had been delivered!
41d905acce5611d3993e3557a714b63a.jpg
a2c9aa237ece22714a8c462ad684f3cc.jpg
eed80d38a0a62ca0494cdb4106019ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a couple buckets on the range and struggled a bit today. Didn't hit the ball very well at all.

Hit a couple buckets on the range and struggled a bit today. Didn't hit the ball very well at all.
That was me on Monday, it was just awful! Crazy how it can come and go so fast haha. You've worked hard on your game tho dude (much harder than me) i know you'll get it back quickly

That was me on Monday, it was just awful! Crazy how it can come and go so fast haha. You've worked hard on your game tho dude (much harder than me) i know you'll get it back quickly
Thanks dude! I just chalked it up as an off day. I didn't feel great and struggled with tempo. So after awhile I just worked on 60 yard pitches and was pleased with that.

Thanks dude! I just chalked it up as an off day. I didn't feel great and struggled with tempo. So after awhile I just worked on 60 yard pitches and was pleased with that.
Least you turned it into something positive, always good to walk away feeling you got something good out of it.

Playing lesson this morning followed by 18 at the home course.

THP, Ebay, and some chipping and putting practice at work.

My X2 Hot 3 hybrid showed up today, looks good! Excited to put into play on Saturday.

That's it for today it appears.

THP and 18 holes

1 hour of putting and chipping, 25 minutes on the driving range, and 18 holes on a world-class course.

Range after work. I was hitting the ball so well. Night and day from my round last Saturday. Also came home and found the course closest to me had a golfnow deal for $17 Saturday afternoon. Booked it.

Hit two small buckets on the range focusing on my tee clubs and then putted for about an hour comparing my Seemore X3 and the m1 I got yesterday.

Just went and played 4 holes, for a bit of practise. And THPing of course.

Walked 9 holes and pretended to hit golf balls.

Hit about 100 balls on my practice range. Not too good today ... 28/50 with pitching wedge and only 10/30 with 7 iron.

Got my butt handed to me today and shot 86 twice on par 71 course. Brutal day on the greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back