The Official 2009 NFL Thread

Also, Nick Folk must go. Today. And I suspect he will.

The Redskins cut Shaun Suisham when he missed the 23 yarder against the Saints that cost them the game, since unlike Dallas, the Skins defense couldn't defend against the big play. And he had only missed 2 kicks before that one, with one being 50+. Folk has been terrible this year. Maybe Dallas should pick up Suisham to replace Folk.

We get the Dolphins-Titans game today since our game is blacked out.

There sure aren't any exciting games in the early broadcast.

How about Josh Cribbs. We took a flyer and decided to pick up Cleveland's D for fantasy this week and he has 2 return TDs in the 1st half. Not bad.

Im suprised Nick Folk hasnt been release already. Dude is killin us! That missed chip shot could have iced the game.

Not only does Cribbs have 2 kick returns for TD's but both were 100 yards or more.

I just saw the highlights of both of those TD's. The Chiefs special teams needs some tackling lessons.

Today Im a huge 49ers fan.

With 2 more INT's and the game barely under way, who does Cutler look like? Remember Jeff George? All the talent with that cannon for an arm but never did much but throw real far and a lot of INT's.

How about Harrison? Nice day and on my bench for the playoffs in another league...ugh.

With 2 more INT's and the game barely under way, who does Cutler look like? Remember Jeff George? All the talent with that cannon for an arm but never did much but throw real far and a lot of INT's.

How about Harrison? Nice day and on my bench for the playoffs in another league...ugh.

He was on fire.

We are watching the Steelers game because we have Mendenhall in the playoffs, yet watching them is painful. As usual Ben held the ball while he ate a sandwich, got sacked AGAIN and fumbled. Hand the damn ball off.

Come on Packers D. Get us out of here with the W. Thank you Pittsburgh for the onside kick idea.

Kevin

GB should still make the post season despite losing this game. But I thought you guys were known for cheddar cheese, not swiss cheese like that secondary looked today?

Well, that sucked.

Kevin

GB should still make the post season despite losing this game. But I thought you guys were known for cheddar cheese, not swiss cheese like that secondary looked today?

Wasn't that interesting, three convenient penalties on the last drive. That illegal contact call was a joke, but Heinz Ward does take good dive.

On a side note, the Kansas City Chiefs moved into the fourth spot in next years draft with their loss to Cleveland. :clapp: :clapp:

On a side note, the Kansas City Chiefs moved into the fourth spot in next years draft with their loss to Cleveland. :clapp: :clapp:

LOL very funny Mike, see what my boys did today? :clap: if they win the last 2 (highly unlikely) they can finish 7-9 there was a time where if they had a season like that I would be commiting hari kari sigh those were the days.

Yes I did! I would have liked to have seen that game. The Raiders are ruining their draft though! hehe

Cutler's QB rating for Sundays INT fest? A whopping 7.9!! Yes thats SEVEN POINT NINE! Ouch! I think comparing him to Jeff George might have been a slap in the face to George.

Nice day for the Chargers. Clinched the division because Denver lost to the Raiders. The Chargers/Bengals game was a great game to start to finish. One more win or a NE loss and we wrap up the 2 seed.

For the Raiders being the mess they are they have some quality wins. They have 5 wins. @ Kansas City, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, @ Pittsburgh, @ Denver.

Next up for the Bolts is a trip to Tennessee for the Christmas game.

well, i'm out of my playoffs. who'd a thunk the panthers would put a whoopin on the vike's last night? kinda bitter sweet for me. i'm a panthers fan but was banking on AP and the Vike's D to get me to the championship. what's that they say about sports, "there's always next year"

Sorry Smalls. :laughing: It's a good thing you didn't come over to watch the game. They didn't even show it here. :angry: 200+ kick return yards, 250+ rushing yards. Why couldn't they put this kind of thing together earlier in the season.

I'm hoping for a win this weekend when we travel (I think we travel) to Oakland. I'm not sure though. That Charlie Frye is one tough QB. :laughing: Hopefully Cleveland can put 41 points up early and run him out of the game like we ran him out of Cleveland. :at-wits-end:

Hopefully Cleveland can put 41 points up early and run him out of the game like we ran him out of Cleveland. :at-wits-end:

Yeah, Brady Quinn has been a huge improvement. :confused2::bulgy-eyes:

Umm....:confused2: I hate BQ. I'd prefer almost any QB other than him (Anderson is excluded from the possible candidates though).

For the Raiders being the mess they are they have some quality wins. They have 5 wins. @ Kansas City, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, @ Pittsburgh, @ Denver.

I'd go with the other games, but the one at KC? Not so much. The Chiefs were 1-7 at home this season and the Oakland loss was an ugly 10-13 snorefest. I just checked - - - KC was 1-7 at home last year too. FUGLY. Two home wins in two years. I remember when it was bad if we didn't have two home wins in our first two home games of a season!

I'd go with the other games, but the one at KC? Not so much. The Chiefs were 1-7 at home this season and the Oakland loss was an ugly 10-13 snorefest. I just checked - - - KC was 1-7 at home last year too. FUGLY. Two home wins in two years. I remember when it was bad if we didn't have two home wins in our first two home games of a season!
You are right about the KC game, I was just listing all of their wins. 4 of the teams are in the playoffs and if not are in the hunt.

Being a Changer fan, I never chalked up a win when they traveled to Arrowhead. In the past, that has been a tough play to play. I hope they get things turned around.

You guys have a star in Jamaal Charles.

BQ is going to be a much better than average QB in the NFL. Once he gets his feet on the ground and they stop playing musical chairs with the position in Cleveland he will have a chance to develop.

Back