Razr Fit Xtreme Fairway Wood Review

Getitclose

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
I'm not sure if there is a thread about this, so if there is I am sorry. But these fairway woods need to get some love. It seems, to me anyway, that everybody is always talking about the X Hot Fairways. Which is cool, it's a great bat. But I also believe that the RFX is every bit the club the X Hot is, If not better. Now this is just my personal opinion, but I had the X Hot. I bought it blind off the Cally website before it was even in stores. I never buy a club without hitting it first. When it was delivered to me, I took it up to my nearest Edwin Watts and hit it on the lm. Was absolutely crushing the ball. It was the first 3 wood I didn't have trouble hitting from the deck. Right when I thought it was a done deal, I picked up the RFX 3 wood and said "wth! Might as well". Man, I'm I glad I did. I hit it so much better, more consistently, and it felt better to me. It was a no brainer. Traded the X Hot, brought home a RFX.

Now that you know the back story, I want to touch a little on my prior relationships with 3 woods off the deck. It was a hate/hate relationship lol. I absolutely dreaded hitting from the floor. If I had a little grass under it, I was fine. But off the fairway, no way. This FW changed that forever. I love hitting it off the deck! In fact, I think I use it way too much lol.

--Looks--
This is probably the best looking stick I've ever seen. The black/green is just gorgeous. I love looking at it in my bag, alongside my RFX driver, but love it even more from address. The smaller head size just works for me. Reminds me of a 910/913 F that Titleist offers. Just very classic, yet has a new school attitude with it.

--Feel--
Just like the driver, it has that feeling of a buttery soft blade hit on the sweet spot. Words can not describe the way these woods feel. I mean, I've hit drivers that sound/feel good and soft. But nothing holds a candle to this. With the smaller head, it's very easy to work the ball. I never thought I would be able to hit fades and/or draws at will with my fairway wood. Also, even with the small head size, it's extremely forgiving. Which is something I think everyone wants in a fairway. The Aldila Trinity shaft is a good choice for the FW. I didn't care for it in the driver, but love it in the FW. So easy to load and is so smooth.

--Performance off the deck & tee--
This is where the stick really shines. As I stated above, I wasn't much of a FW wood type of guy. I carried one just in case I was having a good day. But this one is just so easy to hit long and straight. If my driver wasn't so enjoyable to hit, I'd probably be hitting 3W on every Par 4 tee shot. Off the deck is the same story. Mid-High launching bombs all day long. Anyone could hit this from the deck.

--Conclusion--
The RFX Fairway is legit. Not only easy to hit, but fun to look at. Callaway's line-up this year is beyond legendary and calls for a standing ovation. The green/black beauties are here to stay in my bag. Which is quite an achievement with how big of a club ho I am. I give the Razr Fit Xtreme Woods a 5/5 star rating. If you are looking for new weapons in the top of your bag, you have to be hitting these!

Yeah. I'm a fan of these clubs. They do everything the xhots do, and then some.

Nice write-up. These look like some solid sticks. Can't wait to hit them.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Not a ton of info out there on this one.

Good to hear. I'm looking at the xtreme 3w, for the adjustability and the 7m3 black tie. I have a g20 4w with that shaft, and it is killer. I'd like to be able to get that shaft,stock in a 3w, and be able to open it up and play it at 14*...

The RFE fits that bill. Perfectly.

Good, because I just ordered one with the black tie, without hitting it first.

To those that hit both (in addition to the op) the rfx and xhot pro, how did they compare? Thanks...

The shafts in the xhot woods were one of the reasons why I was so hesitant about getting them. I don't get along great with PX graphite.

Really enjoyed your write-up. Thanks.

Nice write-up Getitclose. The X-Hot's have been getting most the publicity and haven't heard much on these. Seems like another strong offering from Callaway.

You really can't beat the adjustability and the black tie as a stock shaft. I was just a little worried because everybody has been so hot for the xhot, that very little is known about this one.

Personally, I dont look at the 3 wood as a distance club. I have no doubt this will throw bombs but, it's more of a placement club for me, hitting fairways on shorter, tight par 4s. For me, the black tie is perfect for that; tight dispersion by throwing darts, imo....

The rfe is every bit as long as the xhot, maybe longer because the shafts fit me better. The $70 addition price tag is probably what is making people look away.

The rfe is every bit as long as the xhot, maybe longer because the shafts fit me better. The $70 addition price tag is probably what is making people look away.

Reminds me a lot of last year with the Taylormade RBZ and R11S lines. Seems like consumers are willing to spend the money on drivers but when it comes to fairway woods the price tag seems to scare people off. I'm sure this fairway wood is solid but the price tag has me interested in the X-Hot.

Reminds me a lot of last year with the Taylormade RBZ and R11S lines. Seems like consumers are willing to spend the money on drivers but when it comes to fairway woods the price tag seems to scare people off. I'm sure this fairway wood is solid but the price tag has me interested in the X-Hot.

Not saying it shouldn't. But I really do believe that this club is a better club than the xhot b

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to give this club a hit. On web pictures it has a neater look than the X Hot which I prefer. A 4W will fill my current gap perfectly, just need to decide which shaft to go with.

For what reason did you specifically switch from the XHot? Was it easier to hit, distance, accuracy, etc.? Also, Have you hit the RBZ S2 and if so how do both of the Callaways compare?

I hit this thing over the weekend and to say that I'm in love would be a massive understatement. So, so good.

After hitting the fit x 16.5 at GS I ordered one, man I can't wait for it to get here. Throwing darts is about right.

Perfect timing on this review. I'm going to get fitted for a 3w this weekend, going to definitely give this stick a try

This club is every bit as long as the xhp. I have hit both and the Xtreme is deep. Very easy 3W to swing.

This club is every bit as long as the xhp. I have hit both and the Xtreme is deep. Very easy 3W to swing.

When I was a forum tester for the Boccieri 3w I spoke about how it was such a confidence club for me. These clubs are even more so. I know where the club head is throughout the swing. When i get to the top it is easy to leave it behind. Its heavy enough to really fell some lag. I can hit down on the ball and not worry about if the club head is keeping up. I know when good contact is made exactly where the ball is going to go.

Plus it sounds every bit as good as the xhot.

After playing 36 today, I can say that the RFX 3wood is an all-star

After playing 36 today, I can say that the RFX 3wood is an all-star

It's a long 3w. Doesn't quite get the love the xhot does but it's sneaky long

It's a long 3w. Doesn't quite get the love the xhot does but it's sneaky long

It didn't get the advertising love. It's not quite as forgiving. But it is a workhorse.

It didn't get the advertising love. It's not quite as forgiving. But it is a workhorse.

It gets the job done. I was very surprised at the Outing after hitting it

It gets the job done. I was very surprised at the Outing after hitting it

I did have to change shafts in them. But that doesn't take away from how fantastic the club is.

I did have to change shafts in them. But that doesn't take away from how fantastic the club is.

Nah that's no big deal at all, that's all about what conditions fit you best or what you plan on using the club for the most.

I've posted pics of my RFE 4W in the Morgan Cup and will also post here. During my fitting at the Annika Academy, we discussed what clubs I should carry in the bag. It was between the 5w and 4w, David thought with the 18* hybo t
and 3deep the 4w would fit nicely.

I hit both the 5w and 4w and really liked the boring ball flight of the 4w. I also liked the fact that I could step on it to get some extra yardage and change my ball flight. Plus it did fill a gap. With the 3deep being so long I need that mid range FW in the bag. Looking forward to putting in play.

fd4ca94066e3d7828bc26a1aa60095ca_zps92f0ce84.jpg

Back