RS,
I seriously thought about it. And I believe they do that. I went with something a little different. Their finishes are amazing. If you get one, we want PICS!!!!! He is having a sale right now.

i know, but i just bought 2 iron sets this week, and almost a 3rd (a set of Maxfli Tour Limited A-10's)... if I can keep myself from buying any new clubs during the next 2 weeks, i will order one

Reactions: JB
looks nice. im wondering if they can do a copper one for me in an anser style head?... whats the headweight on that putter JB?

I can copper plate any of the putter models that we make without an issue.

We have an anser style(Ocean Isle), Surfside(Stretch Back Anser Style)

Total headweight with hosel was 351 grams.

I really like the Surfside. That is going to be my next one.

serious putter JB... as a fellow putter "collector" that is some serious hardware

now you have me thinking, AGAIN!

I want to see you get something sick (wicked sick) for your accent. Crazy finish!!!!

Well I don't need one, but I certainly want one, hehe. I would really like a design similar to the one JB has or similar to my Squareback, basically a blade with an extended flange. Not quite a mallet. Wondering if they can do something in a center shaft version, like the one on their home page right now. Definitely going for that matte black finish they offer which is much more durable than the black oxide finish most companies provide.

The Surfside is the model you are talking about. It is basically a blade with an extended back. In that model we can do, centershaft, plumber's neck, santa fe neck, our a double bend shaft(a la the squareback)

We do not offer Black Oxide for that specific reason, if you saw the number of black oxide carbon steel putters Lamont gets in each month to refinish you would wonder why anyone would ever buy one.

id be interested in getting the putter head JB has with a shaft like the Odyssey XG9 (Mickelson). JB's is close, but i'd like mine with the hosel all the way at the end of the heel

Not a problem, we have made about four of those. We call it the Yaupon with a No.9 hosel. I know it is original.

not crazy about that welded joint.

no way... the exposed welding joint doesnt affect playability or performance in any way. To me, it adds character and shows the hand of its creator

I'd rather have an exposed weld joint then something that came off an assembly line in China..

serious putter JB... as a fellow putter "collector" that is some serious hardware

now you have me thinking, AGAIN!

Thinking is for sissies. LOL. I will tell you this, majority(65%) of the people who have bought one ended up buying a second or a third. In a few cases a fourth and a fifth. We have never had a complaint and stand behind our work. Unlike a Black Oxide finish on carbon steel our polymer will not wear off. The longer it is on the head the stronger the bond becomes. I have a center shaft at the house that I dropped on the driveway(concrete) two weeks ago and all that happened was the head was dinged. The polymer was still attached because it basically fuses with the metal.

Now each case is different and we do not recommend dropping it on the sidewalk, but it is probably the last finish you will HAVE to put on your putter.

Not a problem, we have made about four of those. We call it the Yaupon with a No.9 hosel. I know it is original.

that sounds awesome. what about a brushed satin finish?

RS,
Great minds think alike. I am thinking that for my 2nd one.

no way... the exposed welding joint doesnt affect playability or performance in any way. To me, it adds character and shows the hand of its creator

I'd rather have an exposed weld joint then something that came off an assembly line in China..

I am in agreement there. We could put some serious time into the head and make the weld look almost seamless but what good is that. I could make assembly line putters but Scotty and others have that market cornered, so I will continue to make everything custom to the requests I get all the way down to the weight.

Thinking is for sissies. LOL. I will tell you this, majority(65%) of the people who have bought one ended up buying a second or a third. In a few cases a fourth and a fifth. We have never had a complaint and stand behind our work. Unlike a Black Oxide finish on carbon steel our polymer will not wear off. The longer it is on the head the stronger the bond becomes. I have a center shaft at the house that I dropped on the driveway(concrete) two weeks ago and all that happened was the head was dinged. The polymer was still attached because it basically fuses with the metal.

Now each case is different and we do not recommend dropping it on the sidewalk, but it is probably the last finish you will HAVE to put on your putter.

in due time Chris... I will be calling for a copper putter. Lamont will have my Yonex soon for a copper plate and we'll be talking in a while. I am just licking some recent wounds and tallying up some money.

everything's off an assembly plant in China,lol. your irons for example.

seriously though, i think it would look better if the hosel and head were one piece like the Ocean Isle Beach model.

000_0052.jpg

that sounds awesome. what about a brushed satin finish?

Well we can do either a brushed stainless like what is on JB's or we can polish the head and then bead blast the raw metal and put a clear coat polymer on it. We do not have any long term testing like we do with the colored polymers but it should look pretty good.

Could you give me an example of the look you want?

yep, im pretty much sold on this putter (Yaupon with a No.9 hosel). now i just need to save up some money (or sell some stuff) and decide on brushed satin or copper. is there anyway to make the head a lil heavier, say 360ish?

seriously though, i think it would look better if the hosel and head were one piece like the Ocean Isle Beach model.

000_0052.jpg

Different strokes for different folks.

in due time Chris... I will be calling for a copper putter. Lamont will have my Yonex soon for a copper plate and we'll be talking in a while. I am just licking some recent wounds and tallying up some money.

are you having your Mickelson Yonex done in copper??? that would look AWESOME!

000_0052.jpg

Wait till you see what I am doing to one of those. I understand what you are saying, I made the Ocean Isle because so many people like that head shape. I know lots of people only like the assembly line look. The Surfside and Yaupon will not be made in that way. The Surfside Shore and Yaupon shore look more like what you want, but I have so many requests for "different" hosels there is no way I could make that many different heads. Just like some people like the engraving better than hand stamping many people like hand stamping and seeing a hand welded neck because this club is now personal, no two will ever be just alike.

I do remove that hosel quite often and put a hosel like JB's on it, or a soft tail type hosel or even a mid slant.

yep, im pretty much sold on this putter (Yaupon with a No.9 hosel). now i just need to save up some money (or sell some stuff) and decide on brushed satin or copper. is there anyway to make the head a lil heavier, say 360ish?

You want it 360? Sure. You want it 363? Sure. You want it 368? Sure.
We do a lot more for a lot less than the other guys out there with tailoring individual weights.

rocket... copper really turns into a beauty. The patina is a great sight!

here is an example, if chris doesn't mind me posting a pic (just for an example!)

newly finished

2979561329_0c4f04582e.jpg

2979649999_1c324a97ee.jpg

Well we can do either a brushed stainless like what is on JB's or we can polish the head and then bead blast the raw metal and put a clear coat polymer on it. We do not have any long term testing like we do with the colored polymers but it should look pretty good.

Could you give me an example of the look you want?

yeah, just something like this:
3198337492_8352d047af.jpg

3198337470_c45b995c02.jpg

3198337458_b46e7b0cdf.jpg

Wait till you see what I am doing to one of those. I understand what you are saying, I made the Ocean Isle because so many people like that head shape. I know lots of people only like the assembly line look.

it's not so much the assembly line look as its another joint. i'm using a one piece (Unitized) putter and i'd totally be into a custom made stick, but i doubt if you guys do that?(shaft,hosel, head=one piece).

Back