Drank a bottle of Johnny Blue with Bone Thugs n Harmony

stewarthans45

Reaction score
Handicap
Friday night I stopped into the hotel I work at in Rockford Illinois with a buddy to grab my clubs from my office. So we walk into the lobby and sitting there at 1am is a woman wearing a suit next to two rather large body guard looking guys which seemed strange but anyways I was just there to grab my clubs so didn't pay much attention and proceded into the back office to grab my things. When I returned to the lobby I look over to see my friend I brought with standing across the lobby with about 10 other people so I walked over to see what was going on. Turns out it was Bizzy, Layzie, Wish and Flesh bone from Bone Thugs in Harmony along with a couple girls, their dj and two people that run an I Heart Radio station. Although I rarely listen to rap or hip hop anymore I used to listen to these guys in my teens in high school and into my early 20's. This was also a big deal to me since Ive never met anyone remotely famous, let alone talked with or had drinks with them. We happened to have bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue earlier in the night and were planning on opening it the next night after a round of golf but this just seemed like a more memorable time to open an expensive bottle of scotch. So we ended up polishing off that bottle with a couple of the guys until 5 in the morning stayed at the hotel and were to tired and hung over to ever make our 10 am tee time. I missed my first planned round of golf for the year but when will I ever have an opportunity to have a night like that again. For a rap group from Cleveland they seemed rather down to earth and we had a couple intellectual conversations. Overall it was a great night, I went home with a pounding headache but I also got the four of them to sign the box of JW we all drank together. Has anyone else here ever met anyone famous, if so what was your experience?

Drank a bottle of Johnny Blue with Bone Thugs n Harmony

Pretty cool story

I'm also in the hotel business. Two summers ago Jim Brown stayed at my hotel and came to the front desk to ask about what golf courses are in the area.

I called up to my home course for him set up to go out with our head pro. He was going to take a cab there.

I said, ummm no you're not, and drove him there. He asked if I was going to join them. It was literally the first day all year I didn't have clubs or gold clothes in the car.

I ended up spending several hours with him over the next couple day, as he has lots of free time while there for some business.

We talked about a lot of different things, golf, football, movies, race relations you name it.

I should have done what you do. Always keep a set in my office. You know for client purposes and all. Ha

Very cool couple of days.

Last edited:
Very cool experience!

I shared a bottle of Jack with Shootyz Groove and 311 after a show in RI when I was just out of college, that was a fun experience. I also learned that night not get get between Gwen Stefani and her pizza. And no, for the record, I did not indulge in the other things the guys from 311 were partaking in.

I've also been able to talk at length with the guys from King's X. They're not a huge band by any means, but one of my biggest musical influences since my early teens. Great guys all around.

I'll share, back in 08 I shared 2 Pint's with Bono at Sweetmans Pub in Dublin. He was pub crawling with a few friends and he saddled up next to my wife and I and he talked non-stop for 30 minutes. No one paid him any mind the whole time he was there. Pretty fun moment especially since the wife and I have seen those guys in concert over 40 times since the early 80's.

Wife met Norm MacDonald and Rob Schneider at her hotel. Might have met a few other comedians as well, but i can't recall.

The most amazing part of the OP is that None Thugz think they need bodyguards

True Story.
I thought Bone THugs and Harmony was a type of bottle he was drinking.
Had to google them.

Not on the level of Bone Thugz but I team roped with Travis Tritt's nephew in high school and stayed at his place in N. GA a bunch. Kinda neat guy, once you get past the mullet.
Also shared a bottle of expensive whiskey with George Strait at the ranch in San Marcos during his big team roping when I was too young to appreciate expensive whiskey. Now that is a really cool dude. Huge place but very much down to earth his son is an effing prick though.

True Story.
Had to google them.
No way. Never heard of Thuggish Ruggish Bone? Crossroads? Notorious Thugs feat BIG??

No way. Never heard of Thuggish Ruggish Bone? Crossroads? Notorious Thugs feat BIG??

Nope. Im not even sure if what you typed was real or fake. Pretty sure it wasn't English however. :angel:

Cool story. I used to listen to threes guys a lot in my teens

Nope. Im not even sure if what you typed was real or fake. Pretty sure it wasn't English however. :angel:
Hahaha they had some decent songs back in the day. Don't listen to them much now, but they had some good ones.

Hahaha they had some decent songs back in the day. Don't listen to them much now, but they had some good ones.

They were popular as far back as 92, I still can't believe he hasn't heard of them. I keep playing songs trying to get him to recognize one, but so far no luck. I don't understand how that is possible.

They were popular as far back as 92, I still can't believe he hasn't heard of them. I keep playing songs trying to get him to recognize one, but so far no luck. I don't understand how that is possible.
I'm not sure either! Especially after hearing Regulators by Warren G for the live driver testing video! Lol

I met JB once. He's famous, right?

Living where I do, I've been fortunate to have had quite a few run ins with the rich and famous.

My best would be when I met Will.I.Am and Fergie at a bar in Snowmass, Colorado after a summer festival. I was promoting for a show at a bar that night and hopping around talking to anyone and everyone. I talked to these two for probably 20 minutes till Fergie asked if I liked the show. I actually didn't know who I was talking to at the time so I asked which one, to which they made the obvious reply. I was pretty surprised to say the least. I thought it was just a hot chick with her dude smh. They were both really cool although they didn't go to the show I promoted Lol.

A few others I've met are Adriana Lima, Kurt Russell and Goldie Shawn, some mid 90's Steelers, Jason Williams (the accused murderer/hoops player), Vanessa Angel (she sucks)

I'd say they don't have this type of music where he grew up, however the banter thread over the last month would beg to differ hahaaha!

1st of Tha Month?

I was going to post the same exact thing. Crossroads 90s classic just like Warren G Regulators.

Ray Borque: He was staying at the same resort as I was at in St Lucia. Had drinks with him a few times at the pool, first class great guy.
Mosi Tatupu: Played a charity event with him, pretty good golfer. Died too young.
Paul Hornung: He sat next to me on a plane, I think he was drunk. First class A-hole

Last edited:
I've played golf with Jim McMahon once. Steve Owens tipped me a $20-spot after I loaded up his golf cart. Roger Clemens called me "champ" once. That's about all I have.

Extremely cool story! I used to love them back in the day.

I met Jerry Seinfeld once. Seemed like a nice guy. That's about it.

True Story.
Had to google them.
Shame on you JB. Bone Thugs is/was a staple of that late 90's hip hop that we all love. Remind me in San Diego, we'll dial some up and have a good time!

Maybe he is messing with us. There is no way he went through high school without hearing there songs played on the radio.
Unless he was homeschooled :p

Back