I sometimes with I was over estimating but I consistently over drive 2 short par 4s on my regular course at 285 and 291 yards, im usualy 20 or more past. But im so bad with my 3 wood my 2nd shot is usually much better from the past the green position lol.

Is that with GPS? Because the scorecards/hole signs aren't always right and the tee boxes aren't always in the same place. Using GPS to track your yardage or having someone with a laser rangefinder to shoot where the ball ends up is the only way to know for sure.

While this may be inflated, these are my numbers from when I went for the Bridgestone ball fitting:
Swing Speed: 124.4 mph
Ball Speed: 172.7 mph
Launch Angle: 10.5 degree
Back Spin: 2,543 rpm

That was my highest I believe. But the dude doing the test was impressed and said "you are only the second or third to hit it over 300 on my machine" so maybe that is something. We will see in a couple weeks on the launch monitor at the outing!

Edit: ha when I logged into the boom club this was the first link there: http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10227

I LOVE THP!

so, you guys have any tips on how to improve speed? maybe some exercises? I hit it in the fairway about 60% of the time, just trying to get some more distance out of my driver, I am thinking about getting fit for a shaft coz i hit another club with a japanese shaft of a friend of mine and i swung it faster, i think it was a lighter shaft than my stock

so, you guys have any tips on how to improve speed? maybe some exercises? I hit it in the fairway about 60% of the time, just trying to get some more distance out of my driver, I am thinking about getting fit for a shaft coz i hit another club with a japanese shaft of a friend of mine and i swung it faster, i think it was a lighter shaft than my stock

Fixed the wording in your post of the type of shaft.

As for helping your distance. A proper fitting will do wonders.

Fixed the wording in your post of the type of shaft.

As for helping your distance. A proper fitting will do wonders.

well i was fitted for a club - diable edge, how do i go about getting fit for a shaft?

well i was fitted for a club - diable edge, how do i go about getting fit for a shaft?

Hmmm. When they fit you for the driver, they did not fit you for the shaft? Did they take measurements, have you hit off a monitor, etc...?

wow thats impressive if you gained 20mph. Thats going from a M flex to a stiff flex in some shafts.

Yeah, that's why I'm a bit dubious as to the results.

I have no idea what my ss is...but all of you are seriously depressing me with how far you hit the ball. All of my friends out drive me but I wouldn't even want to play with some of you people...haha

I have no idea what my ss is...but all of you are seriously depressing me with how far you hit the ball. All of my friends out drive me but I wouldn't even want to play with some of you people...haha

If you could hit a fairway, you will outplay me at the moment.

At my Bridgestone fitting I averaged 93mph, but I hadn't warmed up at all. That said, the results showed that if I hit the ball right, my ideal driver distance (carry+roll) would be 240. Nothing wrong with that! Not that I hit the ball right that often, but still...

Is that with GPS? Because the scorecards/hole signs aren't always right and the tee boxes aren't always in the same place. Using GPS to track your yardage or having someone with a laser rangefinder to shoot where the ball ends up is the only way to know for sure.

Laser rangefinder, This old guy in my league has a bushnell one and still couldent believe the lengths or my drives. I said in another thread that they got rid of the Longest Drive skin in my league because of me. Bunch of old man babys they are...

haha some may hit the long ball but its the 2nd shot and on that Realllllly counts...Hence the weak part of my game 5-7 irons...

Hmmm. When they fit you for the driver, they did not fit you for the shaft? Did they take measurements, have you hit off a monitor, etc...?

yeah he didnt try too many sahfts on that club, yes had monitor, it was at a pro shop

yeah he didnt try too many sahfts on that club, yes had monitor, it was at a pro shop

Definitely take those figures and try some shafts out at your convenience. Love to here your feedback as you try some out.

My guess is that if you are hitting the fairway about 60% of the time, or 8-9 per round, and you swing as you said in the first post to about 105-110mph, then you are hitting the ball between 260-275 yards with your driver. I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but if your index is at 17.3 and you are hitting that many fairways, it is not your driver and distance that you need to be looking to get better. If you are indeed hitting 8-9 fairways per round, then I would also guess that when you miss it may not be out of play more than once per round. All of that being said, you should have an index around 11 or 12. My recommendation, again not trying to sound like a jerk, would be to start looking harder at your statistics in greens hit from 170 and in, and also look at your stats on the par threes. With that kind of distance and accuracy off the tee, you could easily be a single digit handicapper if you had the shorter game to go along with a decent driver.

I would also recommend with your index to be playing the middle tees on the course, not the back tees if that is where you play from. It will suit your handicap, build your short game into something stronger, and boost your confidence---then it will allow you to work into moving back to the back tees when you hit the single digits and are in the 70's regularly. To give you a fair comparison, sort of, Rory Sabbatini is at exactly 60% fairways hit this year on tour, and his scoring average is 71.11, proving that it is all about what you do after hitting your driver when playing from the appropriate tee box for your game.

My SS is between 93-96, with a total distance of about 225-245. That seems to line up with the figures posted earlier.

How on earth do I get my SS higher without completely losing control? Jeeze...

My guess is that if you are hitting the fairway about 60% of the time, or 8-9 per round, and you swing as you said in the first post to about 105-110mph, then you are hitting the ball between 260-275 yards with your driver. I don't want to sound like a jerk here, but if your index is at 17.3 and you are hitting that many fairways, it is not your driver and distance that you need to be looking to get better. If you are indeed hitting 8-9 fairways per round, then I would also guess that when you miss it may not be out of play more than once per round. All of that being said, you should have an index around 11 or 12. My recommendation, again not trying to sound like a jerk, would be to start looking harder at your statistics in greens hit from 170 and in, and also look at your stats on the par threes. With that kind of distance and accuracy off the tee, you could easily be a single digit handicapper if you had the shorter game to go along with a decent driver.

I would also recommend with your index to be playing the middle tees on the course, not the back tees if that is where you play from. It will suit your handicap, build your short game into something stronger, and boost your confidence---then it will allow you to work into moving back to the back tees when you hit the single digits and are in the 70's regularly. To give you a fair comparison, sort of, Rory Sabbatini is at exactly 60% fairways hit this year on tour, and his scoring average is 71.11, proving that it is all about what you do after hitting your driver when playing from the appropriate tee box for your game.

yeah, my GIR is terrible - about 20%, my hap is lower now, about 15, just havent updated, my irons is crap, if i can hit the ball further i can wedge it on the green, anyway, going to get fit for a shaft now

My SS is between 93-96, with a total distance of about 225-245. That seems to line up with the figures posted earlier.

thats what im trying to figure out

don't forget CCR...this is internet yardage haha

The more comfortable you get with your swing the easier it is to pick up speed in my experience. I think the more confident you are that you are going to make good contact the quicker you get through the ball. Getting lessons has been the easiest way for me to achieve that confidence and making sure my technique is correct.

I think the easiest way to start is to increase shoulder turn. If you can get to the point where you're looking over your shoulder down at the ball at the top of your backswing, you'll be surprised at how natural your body wants to uncoil itself without you even trying. That will increase your SS right off the bat.
thats what im trying to figure out

i got fited for a fujuki 150 shaft and a ft9 head, i just love this set up, out of like 10 that i treid, this shaft is shorter and heavier yet i hit it better on launch monitor and outside on the range, totaly opposite of what i had thought, go figure, my speed was confermed at under 105

Lots of fast swing speeds here... do you guys who swing that fast hit the ball as far as the chart says? And not to derail this, but how many of you hit it straight most of the time?

No...I haven't found a shaft to handle my SS. Now my swing has alot to do with it but hitting the ball with ridiculous backspin doesn't help the issue either.

No...I haven't found a shaft to handle my SS. Now my swing has alot to do with it but hitting the ball with ridiculous backspin doesn't help the issue either.

I am right around your swing speed and I have the VooDoo XVS6 in my FT Tour and it works extremely well for me. I never balloon a drive, and they all have a nice piercing trajectory that seems to float forever. You may want to try it if you get a chance, or possibly look into driver heads that are low spin, as I know the one in your signature is not. That's one thing I was told when I got fitted - make sure I have a low spin head combined with a mid/high kick shaft.

Back