Playing with winter gloves

jnug

Reaction score
You guys and gals that will be able to play longer into the year than we can up here in northern New England may be interested in this. I have had a pair of ZR winter golf gloves for a few months but had been reluctant to use them. I have been reluctant because I also have a pair of FJ winter gloves and they just did not work out for me at all.

At any rate today’s temps were not going to get above 35* out on the course so I figured this was as good a time a any to try them.

I was really surprised at how good they were. In fact, they actually got better the longer you wore them. It was almost as if the body heat you were generating by the fact that your hands were covered actually helped the gloves gain grip as the round went on. I never had anything like a good grip with the FJ winter gloves.

If you are able to play longer and can find them out there, they might turn out to be a good deal for you as well. Next winter when it gets cold again I will definitely wear these ZR gloves again.

Thats good to know cause i got a pair of FJ winter gloves a couple of weeks ago,I tried them out last week and did not like them at all . I ended up taking them off after 5 holes i think and, just played with freezing hands the rest of the day . I was really surprised that they were so bad , i guess that since they were FJ's i thought they would be good . Boy was i wrong , i had better feel with my frozen hands, LOL . I will definently look for the ZR winter gloves , i don't think i have ever seen that brand before but , i will keep a eye out, thanx .

Sorry about that. I should not have used the abbreviation. Zero Restriction is the brand. The same guys that do so much rain gear and other kinds of weather related clothing.

I have to admit that I was surprised by how bad the FJ gloves were also. I could not get any grip with them at all. So much the case that it was almost scary, like I was gonna’ just send the club flying.

The ZR gloves are designed with an irregular, textured surface and I think that is in part what makes them so much better than the FJ gloves. The FJ’s seem to rely on a suede surface but it is not irregular at all and just does not provide any grip that I can identify.

I have used the FJ winter gloves for the last two winters. For me, they did a good job. Especially with the grip. But hearing your dislikes, I guess it all has to do with the kind of grip you have on your clubs. I had used them with Ping grips and this year with Gripmaster grips and both worked really well with the gloves.
My only complaint is the seams are starting to split on one glove. But I am ALWAYS looking to improve any equipment so I would definatley try the ZR gloves next.

I also have been using the FJ winter gloves (the past 5 years). I never really had a problem holding on to the club. But, I do have a ZR goretex jacket that is amazing (warmth and free swinging) so it doesn't surprise me that the ZR winter gloves are so good. I will give them a shot.

Being in Southern New England I need winter gloves too. I was going to buy the FJ's
but think I'll give the ZR's a try instead>

Back