SkiBum gets fit at the Swinomish Performance Center, Anacortes, WA

Is Josh still giving us both a free fitting? If so its kind of hard to say no to.

When are you thinking?

That's the last I heard.

I'm working on him for Wednesday May 20 after work - like 4:30pm ish. Would that work for you?

That's the last I heard.

I'm working on him for Wednesday May 20 after work - like 4:30pm ish. Would that work for you?

I still haven't heard any confirmation on this yet. He said it would probably be OK and said he would confirm, and it's been complete radio silence ever since (this was 6 days ago).

I can attest that he's a good fitter and knows what he's talking about, but damn, he is atrociously awful at communication.

Confirmed - tomorrow at 4:30pm. Stoked!

Curt, would you be interested in coming down for a 5:45pm or 6pm fitting after mine? I'm confirming whether it's free, but last I heard it still was. I know this is short notice, so if you can't make it, worry not.

EDIT: He is waiving the fee! Seems too good to be true, but I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Hope it goes well! My golf buddies and I drove up from Seattle to play the course last summer. Not a bad course. Ive played a few up your way, Lake Padden, Homestead, Shuksan, and Avalon many times. And Loomis an Semihamoo.

Hope it goes well! My golf buddies and I drove up from Seattle to play the course last summer. Not a bad course. Ive played a few up your way, Lake Padden, Homestead, Shuksan, and Avalon many times. And Loomis an Semihamoo.
That's awesome Brian! I haven't played the course yet but likely will soon. Love Shuksan, North Bellingham, and Sudden Valley. You'll have to let me know when you come up next!

Regarding the fitting, I'll post a more thorough writeup within the next day or so, but the short version is I'm good to go with the exception of driver...where I gained an average of 10 and a maximum of 20 extra yards with a Nike Vapor Pro / Matrix Velox stiff flex combo at 11.5* and neutral. Needless to say...I'm pondering.

Sorry I couldn't make it bro, but Im glad it went well.

Sorry I couldn't make it bro, but Im glad it went well.

No worries man - thanks! I can tell you after that experience that despite any slowness in communication, I would recommend Josh without hesitation if you're looking for a fitting.

I scheduled a quick checkup fitting with Josh next week after work to see if my setup is still optimizing my numbers and to get some good data on my custom PX creation. Should be fun.

It also occurs to me that I majorly slacked off in updating y'all on the full experience in the fitting studio (2nd post). As such, I'm going to try and update that after my appointment with some good pics and a narrative. It's a pretty good option for anyone in the area looking for a solid indoor fitting, so long as you're OK with Nike gear as it's a Nike Performance Center.

Back