How many smoker's do we have here?

Smoked for years but quit back in August when I got married. By best golfing buddy smokes so I will bum some from him when we play together.
Golfing is definitely one of my "triggers" for wanting to smoke. My new rule is "I can only smoke if there is a golf club in my hand".

My new rule is "I can only smoke if there is a golf club in my hand".

Hahaha. Yea, I quit once and my rule was "I can only smoke when I drink". Then I realized that I was drinking every night so I could smoke. LOL, I also tried the "cigars only" method, but I was chiefing a 6 pack of Swisher Sweets a day. That sort of sucked.

Hahaha. Yea, I quit once and my rule was "I can only smoke when I drink". Then I realized that I was drinking every night so I could smoke. LOL, I also tried the "cigars only" method, but I was chiefing a 6 pack of Swisher Sweets a day. That sort of sucked.

Well I'm not a drinker so I don't have to worry about that one......but the golf course is entirely another matter...

Well, I used to smoke 2 1/2-3 packs a day. Heavy, heavy smoker. The worst part, besides the obvious medical issues, is that I am an opera singer!!! I was able to sing through all the crap I put into my lungs! When I finally was able to quit in the mid 90's, I realized that I could sing SO much better!! That's when I got more contracts to sing at Carnegie Hall, Kennedy Center and so many more venues. I had started when I was in college and incredibly stupid!

I used the patch to quit.

Been smoking cigs for about 20 years, pack a day. Don't smoke inside so when it is cold I smoke little less.
When playing golf I usually will smoke a Cohiba.

Currently smoking a little less than a pack a day. Used to be a heavier smoker (2+ packs/day). Used Chantix about 4 years ago and quit completely about 3 weeks into using it, and didn't touch a cigarette again for about 4 months. Thought about getting back on it again to quit again, but stress at work has been insane lately, plus I gained about 30 lbs. the last time I quit.

I'm from KY and grew up surrounded by tobacco fields. I tried smoking as a teen but didn't care for it and more importantly the girls in my school didn't care for it which truly nixed it. Dipped a little playing sports and fishing but mostly chewed (Red man Golden blend is like dessert) until I left for college. In college I quit using all tobacco products because they cut into my drinking $$. Since then I have not fooled with tobacco products hardly at all, but have picked up other vices along way that I still occasionally dabble in when I feel like it; such as when I golf casually.

I gave up cigars and alcohol on January 1, 2006. I'm enjoying a nice cold bottle of Stella Artois as I type this note. :angel:

You can count me among the idiots that still smoke! Been about a pack a day for almost 21 years. I hate it, and the day I started.

I never smoked cigarettes, but did indulge in the occasional cigar. I quit recently because I was diagnosed with COPD. Guys you really need to consider quitting,

I never smoked cigarettes, but did indulge in the occasional cigar. I quit recently because I was diagnosed with COPD. Guys you really need to consider quitting,

Whoa!!! easy there clam fist you might "annoy the hell out of someone" if they want "a parents advice they will ask" :banana:

Whoa!!! easy there clam fist you might "annoy the hell out of someone" if they want "a parents advice they will ask" :banana:

you are always stirring things up. is that why you joined THP? there are plenty of other websites for you to troll on

you are always stirring things up. is that why you joined THP? there are plenty of other websites for you to troll on

care to back that up with proof of me ever stirring anything up?

care to back that up with proof of me ever stirring anything up?

Please drop it :)

Yes, we all know that smoking is bad. Thanks for letting us know.

And how many of you JACKWAGONS are planning on quitting this year?

FIFY

My dad smoked for 40 years and quit. He's still alive & kicking today at 74. (I always think of George Burns when this kind of talk comes up....living 'til he was 100+ and smoking multiple cigars a day.

I've never smoked, except for the occasional Friday night cigar during my single days. But, I saw what it did to an Aunt (got a hole drilled in the back of neck for cancer treatments. Had a grandfather who used chewin' tobacc-e. He didn't have any teeth and his bottom lip was rotted away. Nasty stuff.

But, when it's your time, it's your time. George Burns is a 100% testament to that. It all depends on whether you want to be able to taste your food and smell the flowers.

Hey now I didnt use that tone. Smoke all you want just dont make me smoke with you. :)

Hey now I didnt use that tone. Smoke all you want just dont make me smoke with you. :)

I try to help you look cool and you just waste away the opportunity.

I try to help you look cool and you just waste away the opportunity.

is it still cool if I dont light it? Maybe I'll just switch to nothing but girly drinks.

is it still cool if I dont light it? Maybe I'll just switch to nothing but girly drinks.

Yes, it is still cool if you don't light it. You put it behind your ear, and then people will just assume you are going to smoke it.

As for the second part:

Would James Dean drink a girly drink? NO.
Did James Dean smoke? YES
Was James Dean cool and a chick magnet? YES

The rest is up to you.

Yes, it is still cool if you don't light it. You put it behind your ear, and then people will just assume you are going to smoke it.

As for the second part:

Would James Dean drink a girly drink? NO.
Did James Dean smoke? YES
Was James Dean cool and a chick magnet? YES

The rest is up to you.

Can I bum a smoke?

Bridges, shut up. lol. My trunk is loaded up with better golf stuff then all those hot chicks driving Jettas!

Back