Freak accident= dead 7 iron

jimonious

Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday I was out and while taking a normal swing on a mossy patch I caught the ball just right and took a nice little divot. Unfortunately, what I didn't realize was that the moss had actually just grown over a little scrap of concrete left over from who knows what. This meant that my divot went right through the moss and straight into the concrete. Other than the horrible jarring some and feeling running up my arm, I'm ok, it was my X Hot Pro 7 iron that took the brunt of the impact. Now the shaft is bent to hell, the sole is thoroughly scratched up and the lie angle is jacked. I just regripped it too.

Now the real problem, it's a seven iron, and it's a Kbs Tour shaft half an inch long and the head was 2° up. In short, custom fit for me. If it had been a six iron it would be easy to replace, because there are a million of them out there, same with 5 and 4, but I'm coming up empty on 7 irons.

I've looked on Callaway pre owned for single irons and it's all long irons, pretty much the same on eBay.

So THP I come to you, what to do?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

At the price for a new 7 iron that ironfinder has listed, might be better off getting a new set of clubs or looking for a full set online.

Send the club back to the OEM. See if they are willing to fix it. I know ping will fix anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the head is not too damaged, a simple reshaft should do

If the head is not too damaged, a simple reshaft should do

The bottom is pretty jacked up. I'll post a photo when I get home we'll see what you guys think. I'd like to do a reshaft but its hard to tell how bent up the actual head is based on how torqued up the shaft is.

The bottom is pretty jacked up. I'll post a photo when I get home we'll see what you guys think. I'd like to do a reshaft but its hard to tell how bent up the actual head is based on how torqued up the shaft is.

Well, there's a 7 iron on CPO that is 2 Up (white) -1/4 inch with a Project X Flighted 95 Steel Stiff shaft in "Good" condition for $54. I'm not sure how much closer you are going to be able to get. At least you'll get the correct replacement head and you can always re-shaft it later.

Back