sdandrea1

Reaction score
Fredericksburg, Virginia, & Hernando, Florida
Handicap
Sitting here watching Robert Garrigus POUND his new R11 in Hawaii. He's hitting some serious drives and now has the lead. Are those graphite shafts in his irons? They look like it.......

i think they were the KBS black satin shafts. He was killing that R11 though...394 on 18.

KBS, eh? I thought maybe they were steel shafts with a paint job......don't see many (or any) tour players with graphite in the irons.

He has a very nice golf swing and he is pounding the ball with the R11. Seems to me a lot more pro's are using the R11, then they did the supertri

This might be the wrong place to ask this question but does anybody know what adjustment is actually being made in that sole plate removable section in order to change the face angle? Are they rotating it somehow or is it some sort of access way that gets you to where you need to go to make the change? Do we think TM will release different versions of R11, like a SuperDeep or do we think TM figures it will have the market covered in a Tour version and a standard version of the R11?

KBS, eh? I thought maybe they were steel shafts with a paint job......don't see many (or any) tour players with graphite in the irons.

The KBS's are steel shafts...it's in their black nickel finish.

This might be the wrong place to ask this question but does anybody know what adjustment is actually being made in that sole plate removable section in order to change the face angle? Are they rotating it somehow or is it some sort of access way that gets you to where you need to go to make the change? Do we think TM will release different versions of R11, like a SuperDeep or do we think TM figures it will have the market covered in a Tour version and a standard version of the R11?

We have a thread in the club section on the R11 that have some of these questions answered.

I did not get to watch much today, but Bubba was pounding his driver (Ping I think) out ther pretty good also.

Thanks JB

Robert Garrigus is one of the nicest guys out on the tour and think about a guy having a short game to match arguably the best driver on tour. Scary proposition.

He said in an interview that he really worked hard in the off season...something he really hasn't done before he admitted. He said he paid special attention to 100 yards and in. I'll be curious to see how is 2011 turns out.

Hope so as he's battled some demons along the way,
What do you guys make of the putter though? I thought mine was short at 32"!

Hope so as he's battled some demons along the way,
What do you guys make of the putter though? I thought mine was short at 32"!

Saw a write-up somewhere that he's been using that 28" or so putter since he was about 13. Crazy! But whatever works.

I think he'll be the breakout star of 2011

Wasnt he the breakout star last year? A win and a near win and a tough playoff loss? What defines breakout star?

Wasnt he the breakout star last year? A win and a near win and a tough playoff loss? What defines breakout star?

I kinda thought the same. This guy has all the tools to be a consistent contender. This is shaping up to be a great tournament.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

He sure does hit the ball good.

Someone with some decent dental work.

Someone with some decent dental work.

I guess that means he and Westtooth are out then. Hmmm, who would it be then.

Westwood doesn't hold a candle to this guys grill.

No question Garrigus in 1, but dont sell ole toothy short.

Maybe if he wins this tourney and basically becomes exsempt for the next three years he can take his grill to Dr Teeth and get that fixed up. He seems like such a nice guy and I like to watch him play but sometimes its hard to look at. Also his caddy looks like the same guy Adam Sandler picked up in Happy Gilmore, glad hes still working.

I'd like to see him win this one. I am really hoping for another 'diverse' PGA season with lots of different winners and no domination by anyone. Much more interesting.

He has a very nice golf swing and he is pounding the ball with the R11. Seems to me a lot more pro's are using the R11, then they did the supertri

I'm kind of curious, do you have the actual stats on this? I'm not saying it's not true, it quite possibly could be. But what I was thinking is that because we can notice it so much easier, it seems like there are more.

The most interesting thing I saw about him during last nights coverage was that when we drives the ball, his club does not go past parallel at all. The club is much higher in the air compared to many like DJ and even Jamie Sadlowski. Those guys go so far past parallel it's scary and Garrigus can do the same with much less swing. Crazy. One of my main problems off the tee is that I try to overswing to compensate for my lack of length off the tee. I therefore don't usually make good contact with the ball. I guess you can still do a lot without doing a total windup like some of these guys. Looks like I have a new swing to model after!

Back