John Daly status?

biggsy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what JD's tour status is? Is he playing in tournaments because of sponsor's exemptions again this season? He made it into 20 events last year with 1 top 25 and was 229th on the money list. He didn't go through Q-school, so I am just wondering if he's riding sponsors again?

Pretty much. Looks like he in 3 tourneys up to mid Feb no mention after that.

http://www.johndaly.com/schedule/

Sony Open

Thursday January 13 - Monday January 17, 2011

Honolulu, Hawaii http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r006/

Sony open in Hawaii...

Farmers Insurance

Thursday January 27 - Monday January 31, 2011

San Diego, CA http://www.farmersinsuranceopen.com

2004 Champion John Daly

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am

Thursday February 10 - Sunday February 13, 2011

Pebble Beach http://www.attpbgolf.com

I like John Daly but he needs to stop trying to let his fame (or infamy) get him into golf tournaments. He needs to go to Q school like everyone else and earn his way back, he's had his chances and he blew them. John Daly winning on the tour or being relevant again would be great for the PGA tour as he is a big draw but he is taking away spots in these tourneys from guys who earned their card the right way.

There was an article about David Duval that spoke about his desire and efforts to get back on TOUR and compared him to Daly, who is just out there looking for a free ride.

I actually liked JD before the reality show on GC. Before that i though he was a hard partying manly-man, but after that show i saw he was just a whiny overgrown child. "I don't want to walk in the rainforest" " I don't want to do this" I don't want to do that" just a cry-baby... I could care less now if he make it back on tour or not...

Last edited:
I think he is still of the opinion that he will get15-18 tournaments and all he needs is a few good finishes. If he doesn't do it this year I think he needs to at least attempt Q school.

As long as he is still "a man of the people", he will get into tournaments. We all agree he has talent, but he lacks the ability to grind when things aren't going right. Personally, I hope he makes it back in the top 125, maybe even a win. He is good for the golf business, regardless of what the core fan thinks...

I actually just finished his most recent book last night, good read.

I'm a big JD fan and make no secrets about it. But, I do agree on the Q-school remark. Hopefully this year goes ok but if not, Q-School or nothing IMO.

He is not a card holder. He will get in on sponsors exemptions only and like Duval will try to play his way into 125. Based on his recent actions, I hope he fails miserably and has to go through his lawsuit of the children's charity unemployed.

He is not a card holder. He will get in on sponsors exemptions only and like Duval will try to play his way into 125. Based on his recent actions, I hope he fails miserably and has to go through his lawsuit of the children's charity unemployed.

Most of you know my feelings about Daly, they haven't changed, what's going on with a lawsuit concerning a charity? He is a total low life, funny thing is I used to like the guy until I read his first book.

I haven't seen this, is he suing a charity????

The amazing part of this whole thing is that the original suit was filed so long ago. Then basically thrown out so they refiled to include the children's charity (generalizing)

Wow I just read this, I slightly disliked him before but this is bad.

Wow I just read this, I slightly disliked him before but this is bad.

That's Daly, he's kind of like an onion. LOL

If you really want to dislike him read his book, Golf My Own Damn Way, he's a whiner and refuses to take responsibility for any problem that he brings on himself.

If you really want to dislike him read his book, Golf My Own Damn Way, he's a whiner and refuses to take responsibility for any problem that he brings on himself.

I'll just take your word for it. I felt the same way after reading lance armstrongs first book.

I'll have to read Armstrongs, I'm sure I read it but don't remember it.

I don't want to thread jack but it made me like him a lot less.

I left the Daly fandom years ago. All that talent and he decided to throw it all away.

My Own Damn Way was terrible, the new one In adn Out of the Rough is actually a pretty good read. Disliked the first, like this one though.

Entertaining in the sense of who knows what kinda of outfit or mood he's going to come into a tourney with... but go to Q school like everyone else, stop floating by on the easy path

Most of you know my feelings about Daly, they haven't changed, what's going on with a lawsuit concerning a charity? He is a total low life, funny thing is I used to like the guy until I read his first book.

I pretty much feel the same way. I pulled for him at one time, but now I think he is nothing but a sad circus sideshow.

Back