What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played greenfield lakes (par 62). They hooked up a deal. Anyway its been my nemesis. I shot a 78!!! Back 9 saved me! My niblick saved me! Short game was on. Puttin ok. Played yellow zstars for first time. Only lost 2. Both on the same hole. Other than that no lost balls!!!! Really liked them off the irons and wedges. Lost distance compared to Nike One Tours but only on the driver. Irons gained almost a club. Was pounding my 8 iron. Anyone notice a loss of distance off the tee with zstars? I didnt get many drives so i will hold off but the way they play off the irons was sick. I feel im breakin through and an 85 is in my future on a reg size course. A lesson or two in the next few weeks should help a ton. Anyway Im stoked and feelin good. Andrea got the uh huhs goin so I decided to bug you all hahaha.

Played in a charity scramble for the University of AZ today. I was striking the ball well. My team finished with a 62, but one team came in with a 58 and took 1st place. We missed our lone chance for eagle when no one could convert the putt from 35 ft and we had a bogey and two pars. Very frustrating not to score better. Different format, they had a yellow ball marked with our team starting position (3A) and we had to have one player use it on each hole, rotating between all of us. If you still had the yellow ball at the end, you were entered in a drawing for a nice prize. That meant that we really only had 3 players scrambling since the yellow ball player had to be ultra conservative on this desert course to keep the ball in play. Made for some very interesting, very short tee shots. :D

Fun round for me today. It was me vs. me. Went out as a single in the afternoon and the group behind me was over a hole behind. I played 2 balls. One was a premium ball, the other a 2-piece. Shat a 92 with the good ball and an 80 with the bad one. I don't necessarily think it was the ball, though I think a 2-piece ball is definitely helpful in controlling my slice or hook. But I treated the good ball as my real round and my bad ball as just go up there and hit the ball. With less thoughts going on in my head, the bad ball helped me shoot one of my better rounds in a while.

I need to stop with the swing thoughts!

Sounds like a very fun time!
C-Tech said:
Played in a charity scramble for the University of AZ today. I was striking the ball well. My team finished with a 62, but one team came in with a 58 and took 1st place. We missed our lone chance for eagle when no one could convert the putt from 35 ft and we had a bogey and two pars. Very frustrating not to score better. Different format, they had a yellow ball marked with our team starting position (3A) and we had to have one player use it on each hole, rotating between all of us. If you still had the yellow ball at the end, you were entered in a drawing for a nice prize. That meant that we really only had 3 players scrambling since the yellow ball player had to be ultra conservative on this desert course to keep the ball in play. Made for some very interesting, very short tee shots. :D

I shot an 87 two days ago and am playing with a group of ladies today. It should be a fun day!

Fun round for me today. It was me vs. me. Went out as a single in the afternoon and the group behind me was over a hole behind. I played 2 balls. One was a premium ball, the other a 2-piece. Shat a 92 with the good ball and an 80 with the bad one. I don't necessarily think it was the ball, though I think a 2-piece ball is definitely helpful in controlling my slice or hook. But I treated the good ball as my real round and my bad ball as just go up there and hit the ball. With less thoughts going on in my head, the bad ball helped me shoot one of my better rounds in a while.

I need to stop with the swing thoughts!

haha nice bad ball round! That goes to show when you dont think about it and just swing, it works. Thats proof right there.

played 8 holes last night after work as im not getting to play today...got to strip and stain my decking and garden furniture.

was 3 over after 8, birdie, par, bogie, bogie, par, double ( i flew a 5 iron over a par 3 green, it hot a rock and dissapeared. par with my 2nd ball), par.

played some nice shots, and felt pretty relaxed. first time in a while. :)

Shot a 90 today. We had an early start. It was really wet and muddy since we had a good rain yesterday. I'll take it. The 3 other girls shot 90, 92, and 92 so at least I hung in there with them. Good news! Had a phone message on my cell phone when I finished that my Ping G15's are in!!! Hope to go get them in a little while. Yippee!!!!

I am off the schneid now - I think some lower scores are in my future.

Saturday 6/5 Gordon Lakes Pine/Island 6500 yds
Humid warm morning 0756 tee time at #1

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 3

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

Score 34 Pine/36 Island - 70 ( -2)

Hit 10 of 14 fairways, 14 of 18 greens, 30 putts - it could have really only been better, as I missed a 6 foot and a 3 foot birdie putt on the front. The scoring game has officially kicked in!

Played with GG today and really struggled off the tee. Very humid and the club was slipping. Shot an 80 with a 39 on the front and 41 on the back. Had two doubles as well.

Played with JB today and had one of my worst rounds in a while, a 111. I struggled big time with my short game again. My tee shots were perfectly straight, in fact I think I hit every fairway, but I wasn't getting good distance I was having trouble keeping my head down and following through. I was striking the ball really well, which made me very happy, but around the green it was down right scary! It seems every time I go out I seem to be hitting the ball longer and longer.

Shot my best round ever today. Even par 72 (36-36) at Rivercut in Springfield (6500, 71.4/124).

Birdie and bogey on the front. Then 4 birdies, 2 bogeys, and a double on the back. Lots of ups and downs. The double was really stupid. Short par three with water on the front and left. I was so focused to hit the green, I lined up a little left, hit the bank and bounced in. 5-6feet to the right and I might be talking about an under par round. Did make a nice 12 footer or so for birdie on 18 to get the round to even.

Shot my best round ever today. Even par 72 (36-36) at Rivercut in Springfield (6500, 71.4/124).

Birdie and bogey on the front. Then 4 birdies, 2 bogeys, and a double on the back. Lots of ups and downs. The double was really stupid. Short par three with water on the front and left. I was so focused to hit the green, I lined up a little left, hit the bank and bounced in. 5-6feet to the right and I might be talking about an under par round. Did make a nice 12 footer or so for birdie on 18 to get the round to even.

Great job SLCF. Sounds like your games coming on while mines going backwards, lol.

Congrats STL. That's great playing.

woo wee! nice round stl! congrats on your career low round.

Someone please help me. I shot a 94 today! Early spring it was consistant low 80's, but not now. I'm hitting some of the best shots of my life, yet averaging two blow up holes a round. My front 49 easily should have been a 42 and the back started with two pars, bogey, par, double? The one bright spot was a chip in birdie to end the round down an impossible slope curling left to right. One hole was a lay up off the tee that I did exactly right, then proceeded to chunk two wedge shots into a pond from 100 yards?? WTF? The third was perfect, right next to the flag.

Someone please help me. I shot a 94 today! Early spring it was consistant low 80's, but not now. I'm hitting some of the best shots of my life, yet averaging two blow up holes a round. My front 49 easily should have been a 42 and the back started with two pars, bogey, par, double? The one bright spot was a chip in birdie to end the round down an impossible slope curling left to right. One hole was a lay up off the tee that I did exactly right, then proceeded to chunk two wedge shots into a pond from 100 yards?? WTF? The third was perfect, right next to the flag.

duey, what's causing the blow ups on the blow up holes? is it the tee shot or is it those chunked wedge shots? i mean, what's the most occuring problem?

duey, what's causing the blow ups on the blow up holes? is it the tee shot or is it those chunked wedge shots? i mean, what's the most occuring problem?

Thats the worst part, I can't blame anything specific. Front nine it was a horrible drive that put me in a place I couldn't get out of cheap. Then one hole I bladed over the green into super deep rough that took two just getting to the wrong side of the green, lol. Then on the back I only had one bad hole, the one I had the chunks on. Easy short par four. Lay up to edge of water with about 100 to a small green. I had perfect distance for the gap wedge and flat lie on top of a ridge, hit first one thin and second was a chunk. Third was sweet, haha.

The consistant in all of this is raising my shoulders at impact I think. My buddy pointed it out early in the round, but I couldn't break it. When I tried it would turn out a chunk.

Thats the worst part, I can't blame anything specific. Front nine it was a horrible drive that put me in a place I couldn't get out of cheap. Then one hole I bladed over the green into super deep rough that took two just getting to the wrong side of the green, lol. Then on the back I only had one bad hole, the one I had the chunks on. Easy short par four. Lay up to edge of water with about 100 to a small green. I had perfect distance for the gap wedge and flat lie on top of a ridge, hit first one thin and second was a chunk. Third was sweet, haha.

The consistant in all of this is raising my shoulders at impact I think. My buddy pointed it out early in the round, but I couldn't break it. When I tried it would turn out a chunk.

seems like maybe it would be worth sending some video to andy and have him have a look at what's going on. for there to be some badness happening in all aspects of your game means that there's just some weird funkiness going on.

seems like maybe it would be worth sending some video to andy and have him have a look at what's going on. for there to be some badness happening in all aspects of your game means that there's just some weird funkiness going on.

Good point. I hope to get back out again tomorrow, maybe I can vid a swing or two. I just don't understand the sudden change. I was on for so long and dropping my scores, then right before the Midwest it just went North.

Good point. I hope to get back out again tomorrow, maybe I can vid a swing or two. I just don't understand the sudden change. I was on for so long and dropping my scores, then right before the Midwest it just went North.

it's called golf duey, it happens to us mere mortals. chin up, send andy some video and try to clear your brain.

it's called golf duey, it happens to us mere mortals. chin up, send andy some video and try to clear your brain.

Yeah, I will. On the bright side I made $12 on skins, lmao. The holes I won were pushed, so I kept picking up carryover money and two guy's who joined us were having a worst day, lol. I know I shouldn't laugh, but what else can you do?

Yeah, I will. On the bright side I made $12 on skins, lmao. The holes I won were pushed, so I kept picking up carryover money and two guy's who joined us were having a worst day, lol. I know I shouldn't laugh, but what else can you do?

that's all you can do, and that's why those low 80's rounds are right around the corner for you.

I played in my men's club today and shot 1 over 72. Got low net.

Started out great with 34(-2) on the front. Hit 8/9 greens.

The back I shot 38(+3). My misses were all chips that were some unforetunate lies. On the 11th, I was pin high, 6" from a bunker, 10ft from the green. Hit a mediocre chip and missed the put.

12th hole is a par 5 and I hit a great drive, had 260 to the green and tried to rip a 3w. I hit a low hook and ended up in some rocks in a weed. Hit a pretty good punch, right next to the bunker with a weird, bare sandy lie again. Hit a mediocre chip and missed the putt.

15th hole is another par 5 and hit a good drive, good 2nd shot and was 15yrds short. Straight flubbed a pitch, hit another mediocre chip and missed the putt.

I hit 14/18 greens and had only one bad shot outside of the chips. Funny thing is I'm normally solid with my short game. I think I was trying to get too "cute" with each of them as I was under par and it's been two years since I finished a tournement under par and messed up on the finese shots. Other ironic thing is that my warmup, I only practiced chipping. No driving range, just a few putts and 30 min on chipping, which I barely needed and sucked 3 out of 4 times.

Atleast I won and played GREAT otherwise. Love this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back