Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
another day i coulda been playing golf... but instead i was running around town doing errands =/

my sweet little foster has officially began the "terrible two's", four months early! if he keeps it up i'm going to post him in the THP market place FS!!

My rant:

New golfers who:
1. Think they know if all(even when the tee their driver 18" in front of their front foot, top half of them and hit the other half with 50* launch angle straight up)
2. Cheat
3. Think a bladed shot that never gets more than 6 ft off the ground is a good shot and hits his PW 160 yrds, and then thinks you suck for hitting a 150yrd 9i on the green
4. See 2, my biggest peave....

I wrote the details of this but it was 1000 words longs so sent to overview........

I would have hated to see his reaction when I played my 7i 150 yards.
Sounds like in his version of golf distance=scoring

the interior lights in my truck wont turn off while im driving... grrrr

My rant:

New golfers who:
1. Think they know if all(even when the tee their driver 18" in front of their front foot, top half of them and hit the other half with 50* launch angle straight up)
2. Cheat
3. Think a bladed shot that never gets more than 6 ft off the ground is a good shot and hits his PW 160 yrds, and then thinks you suck for hitting a 150yrd 9i on the green
4. See 2, my biggest peave....

I wrote the details of this but it was 1000 words longs so sent to overview........

Why are people afraid to admit they are new or not good? You just end up making a bigger fool of yourself by trying to be something that you are not. Sorry you had to deal with that AZ.

my sweet little foster has officially began the "terrible two's", four months early! if he keeps it up i'm going to post him in the THP market place FS!!

Awww, little foster. I can't imagine someone that cute can be bad? If you put him in the market place I may have to buy him :smile:

So the people at the table next to me are complaining to their server because the sweet and spicy dish they ordered is too spicy. Really? Have they not seen the movie Waiting?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Teachers that push their political views on middle school kids can bite me.

Kevin

Teachers that push their political views on middle school kids can bite me.

Kevin

That is a big deal in FL right now. Apparently a couple of teachers were excused of their positions recently for this very thing.

Why are people afraid to admit they are new or not good? You just end up making a bigger fool of yourself by trying to be something that you are not. Sorry you had to deal with that AZ.

Awww, little foster. I can't imagine someone that cute can be bad? If you put him in the market place I may have to buy him :smile:

at this point i may just charge you for the shipping.

Ummm. YOu dont want your son to be homeless now do you? Because if this transpires, GG, will be...HA

Ummm. YOu dont want your son to be homeless now do you? Because if this transpires, GG, will be...HA

you have a cold heart sir babbitt! i wouldn't really know how to pack him in a box safely so i dare say you have no worries.

you have a cold heart sir babbitt! i wouldn't really know how to pack him in a box safely so i dare say you have no worries.

Bubble wrap works okay. Peanuts are messy.

Bubble wrap works okay. Peanuts are messy.

or dismemberment

th
Spoiler
at was in bad taste, i know, it's all just fun and games.......

Spoiler
until someone loses an arm or a leg.......hahahaha!

That is a big deal in FL right now. Apparently a couple of teachers were excused of their positions recently for this very thing.
Liz deals with this every political year as I'm sure all teachers do. She almost becomes an outcast for her conservative ideals. I'm just thankfull for her that it's not every day/year!

His uncle Due and aunty Liz will gladly take that little bugger. Put holes in the box when you ship UPS.

Liz deals with this every political year as I'm sure all teachers do. She almost becomes an outcast for her conservative ideals. I'm just thankfull for her that it's not every day/year!

His uncle Due and aunty Liz will gladly take that little bugger. Put holes in the box when you ship UPS.

LMAO duey! don't tempt me right now. is it too early to dread his teen years?

J.L. was just telling us that yesterday one her teachers, a substitute no less, was talking about the oil spill, and starting raving about how great Obama was, calling him BarackO, and slamming "Bush, Jr.", who is apparently responsible for the oil spill as well as a war criminal. He disparaged the Bush family and Republicans in general, using terms like right wing nut cases. This to 13 year olds in one of the most staunchly Republican counties in the entire country. If my kid wasn't smart enough to see through this BS I would make a stink. It wouldn't surprise me if he never teaches in our district again, because someone is going to squawk.

Kevin

LMAO duey! don't tempt me right now. is it too early to dread his teen years?

Just get him into football early. He'll take his frustrations out on someone else, lol.

J.L. was just telling us that yesterday one her teachers, a substitute no less, was talking about the oil spill, and starting raving about how great Obama was, calling him BarackO, and slamming "Bush, Jr.", who is apparently responsible for the oil spill as well as a war criminal. He disparaged the Bush family and Republicans in general, using terms like right wing nut cases. This to 13 year olds in one of the most staunchly Republican counties in the entire country. If my kid wasn't smart enough to see through this BS I would make a stink. It wouldn't surprise me if he never teaches in our district again, because someone is going to squawk.

Kevin

Almost exactly what happened here. But the teacher was on video and yelling at a student for disagreeing with them. Craziness. Right or left, leave the politics at home when teaching.

Almost exactly what happened here. But the teacher was on video and yelling at a student for disagreeing with them. Craziness. Right or left, leave the politics at home when teaching.

You have to give kids both sides. I just had a discussion with J.L. about the Israelis and the activists on those ships. She saw the video of the activists shooting wrist rockets and the Israelis shooting machine guns. Tried to give her what I feel both sides are thinking, even though I have my own opinions. As her parent, I feel I have a legal right to brainwash her, just to ensure the survival of my species, but instead I tried to be fair. LOL.

Kevin

We have a new ice-cream at Sonic and this stuff is fantastic. I eat it every day, lol, but Liz has not tried it yet. Guess where she wants to go? I'm there enough, uuugh!

You have to give kids both sides. I just had a discussion with J.L. about the Israelis and the activists on those ships. She saw the video of the activists shooting wrist rockets and the Israelis shooting machine guns. Tried to give her what I feel both sides are thinking, even though I have my own opinions. As her parent, I feel I have a legal right to brainwash her, just to ensure the survival of my species, but instead I tried to be fair. LOL.

Kevin

Kevin, I can't say how awesome it is you are giving her both sides no matter what side you stand on (with some slight lean of course but that natural lol) b/c 99% of the kids I see/teach believe what they do strictlly based on what parents say and believe and never try to think for themselves. In my civics class I thrive on showing kids both sides whilst never putting my personal opinions on them, instead they think for themselves (I also get to play devils advocate on issues, alot of times in the opposite of how I think). Kids need to see all sides for our future's sake, they need to learn to form their own opinions. Again, I cannot emphasise enough that I keep my personal opinions out and even go so far as to tell the students, who often ask my opinions, that if they ask me after they graduate I'll tell them but that my opinions do not pertain to them forming their own.

On the flip side, in my science class I have to skip the sections on evolution/big-bang/etc. because where I live it does not matter if you teach both, if just one parent raises a stink that you taught evolution or someting b/c little Johnny or Susie comes home and tells them things (alot of times exagerrated as you know how kids can be) you are at a legitimate risk of losing your job in this state. That part truly sucks IMO.

Sorry to leave topic if this came off that way JB!

Not being allowed to teach evolution or physics is ridiculous.

Kevin

Not being allowed to teach evolution or physics is ridiculous.

Kevin

Its not that you aren't "allowed" to teach it, you simply do so at your own peril whilst living in the buckle of the Bible Belt...you must dot your i's and cross your t's is all.

So the people at the table next to me are complaining to their server because the sweet and spicy dish they ordered is too spicy. Really? Have they not seen the movie Waiting?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

i never ever ever piss off ppl that handle my food... especially in drive thrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back