BunkerTex

Reaction score
Handicap
Any news fron the PGA show in reference to Peter Millar's lineup for 2011?

We've been saturated with styles for the younger posters on this board. How about something for the majority of the posters that are above the age group for those styles?:angel:

We've been saturated with styles for the younger posters on this board. How about something for the majority of the posters that are above the age group for those styles?:angel:

Not sure I agree, but I can tell you that we have not finished putting up all of the pictures from the show and the rest will go up today and tomorrow. We also still have close to 50 more videos to be put up as well. And as always, they will be in the PGA Show Coverage section of the forum.

i can tell you that PM knocked another home run. Their Fall line is FANTASTIC! Full of all the rich colors that PM lovers have come to know.

And Tech....did I mention that? Yes....they finally have Tech offerings! And they are nothing short of spetactular. Their waterproof outerwear pieces are to die for.

Another conservative tech line you should check out....green grass only.....Donald Ross. Absolutely outstanding!

I saw their stuff at the PGA Show, i thought it was boring and same old. I dont get what they're doing either? Their tech stuff stinks, its so thin and clingy and its not what their brand is. If i want tech i'll go buy adidas, dunning, rlx, etc. if i want a giant, brown golf shirt or bad cashmere i'll go buy peter millar. I saw their stuff in Nordstrom the other day, guess that's their direction.

I saw their stuff at the PGA Show, i thought it was boring and same old. I dont get what they're doing either? Their tech stuff stinks, its so thin and clingy and its not what their brand is. If i want tech i'll go buy adidas, dunning, rlx, etc. if i want a giant, brown golf shirt or bad cashmere i'll go buy peter millar. I saw their stuff in Nordstrom the other day, guess that's their direction.

i didn't smell their tech offerings.

Not sure I agree, but I can tell you that we have not finished putting up all of the pictures from the show and the rest will go up today and tomorrow. We also still have close to 50 more videos to be put up as well. And as always, they will be in the PGA Show Coverage section of the forum.

What don't you agree with? You didn't specify in your response. My post was spot on. :D

Look forward to information on the Peter Millar line.

while you're waiting for the update...

there are some other lines i can recommend if you are Peter Millar fan.

Fairway & Greene
Ralph Lauren/Polo Golf (their vintage collection is OUTSTANDING)
Bobby Jones
Jack Nicklaus (the ladies apparel is fantastic....the mens is as well...but i'm a chick and love great modern classics for women!)
Donald Ross

i saw these lines at the show and can say that i was very impressed with what is being offered. hopefully you'll get a taste of that here. if not...i can link you to a few places.

What don't you agree with? You didn't specify in your response. My post was spot on. :D

Look forward to information on the Peter Millar line.

That the majority of the stuff we have put up in apparel is for certain demographics. I think age can matter in some ways, but its not necessarily a determining factor in all styles.

I was unaware that brands like Antigua were meant for younger golfers and that other brands were meant for older golfers. Sure, different tastes play a role, however our coverage is not age specific.

i think what BunkerTex might be referring to is the fashion demographic. i know plenty of 25 y/o's that would choose something more traditional over Sligo. and vice-vera...on both accounts.

that doesn't make them any less fashionable. it's simply a matter of choice.

That the majority of the stuff we have put up in apparel is for certain demographics. I think age can matter in some ways, but its not necessarily a determining factor in all styles.

I was unaware that brands like Antigua were meant for younger golfers and that other brands were meant for older golfers. Sure, different tastes play a role, however our coverage is not age specific.

Clearly the majority of brands hi-lited on this board on a regular basis market to younger demographics. Cobra and Sligo for example, are clearly designed and marketed to a younger crowd, and they will admit such.

Just requesting that we have equal representation for those of us are a little more conservative in our taste.:banana:

i think what BunkerTex might be referring to is the fashion demographic. i know plenty of 25 y/o's that would choose something more traditional over Sligo. and vice-vera...on both accounts.

that doesn't make them any less fashionable. it's simply a matter of choice.

Bingo! Give the young lady a cigar!:clapp:

Clearly the majority of brands hi-lited on this board on a regular basis market to younger demographics. Cobra and Sligo for example, are clearly designed and marketed to a younger crowd, and they will admit such.

Just requesting that we have equal representation for those of us are a little more conservative in our taste.:banana:

I think that Sligo is a different animal in their representation here because of their friendship with some here and some of the die hard followers that they have. However we have covered a brand like Antigua more than we have covered Puma and even sell Antigua in our store. I would hardly call them a "younger" brand.

People are free to discuss any brands they like in our forum and we hope that they continue to. THP does not and will not dictate what people want to talk about here and they are free to start any threads on any brands they would like. As I said before, not all of our PGA Show coverage is up yet and when it is completed, you will see other brands pop up in that section of the forum.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....I don't know. Nike gets a good deal of play here and that is a pretty traditional line I think????

Not to imply that some of the more traditional brands are boring but they are sometimes "reliable" in the sense that they do not change much year over year and don't create much buzz as a result. Nothing wrong with that in my view. At the other end of the spectrum there are lines that create an aura of anticipation for what is coming next and I think the result is more coverage or more play.

I could be wrong but I think the press releases announcing the new seasonal offerings from the major lines get posted when they are released.

While I agree that when seasons change, there is discussion and posts are made regarding many of those apparel lines....the point I think the OP is trying to make is that the 'PGA Merchandise Show' section at THP is billed as the 'go to source' (clearly paraphrased) on the internet. I came to the site right before the coverage started last year and remember the hype of everything that was going to be covered. I found the coverage to be in-depth and informative. Based on BunkerTex's join date, he was around then too. Based on last year's experience and postings, I think he expected the same informative details. Just as with any web-based community where trends change and focus shifts...maybe that's the case here too.

At any rate, I was at the PGA Show this year and OMG what a task that is. I had my schedule maxed out with buying appointments....and all I did was soft goods. I couldn't imagine trying to cover the ENTIRE show as press. Naturally, some booths are going to fall through the cracks or be less exciting than others. The THP crew did a great job providing so much information. If the traditional/classic apparel lines don't show up here....rest assured the information is out there. gotta love that internet.

While I agree that when seasons change, there is discussion and posts are made regarding many of those apparel lines....the point I think the OP is trying to make is that the 'PGA Merchandise Show' section at THP is billed as the 'go to source' (clearly paraphrased) on the internet. I came to the site right before the coverage started last year and remember the hype of everything that was going to be covered. I found the coverage to be in-depth and informative. Based on BunkerTex's join date, he was around then too. Based on last year's experience and postings, I think he expected the same informative details. Just as with any web-based community where trends change and focus shifts...maybe that's the case here too.

At any rate, I was at the PGA Show this year and OMG what a task that is. I had my schedule maxed out with buying appointments....and all I did was soft goods. I couldn't imagine trying to cover the ENTIRE show as press. Naturally, some booths are going to fall through the cracks or be less exciting than others. The THP crew did a great job providing so much information. If the traditional/classic apparel lines don't show up here....rest assured the information is out there. gotta love that internet.

Im guessing that you missed my above posts (2 of them) that said that the rest of the coverage is coming. And I believe everything we say about the most in depth coverage of the PGA Show.

So....

There is no Peter Millar thread. I would like to see some of their stuff too, as I am a fan. But, to say that there weren't traditional style clothing lines featured is just plain false. Antigua, Cleveland Classics, Ashworth, AUR (to an extent), Tehama, Bugatchi, Ash City, and Carnoustie are all pretty traditional in terms of styling.

The point is, there is coverage, and I'm sure it's a matter of time before it shows up. Patience people, patience!

Im guessing that you missed my above posts (2 of them) that said that the rest of the coverage is coming. And I believe everything we say about the most in depth coverage of the PGA Show.

I didn't miss them. I guess you missed where I said maybe it was the case. I have no idea what's coming...just that there is more coming.

I'm patient.

I didn't miss them. I guess you missed where I said maybe it was the case. I have no idea what's coming...just that there is more coming.

I'm patient.

yeah, sorry, i wasn't implying that you weren't s.d. i was just making a statement b/c i know that there's more coming. that's all.

I wouldn't say that the majority of the brands are geared toward anyone, look at Cutter & Buck, or Hollas, Hugo Boss, PING Apparel, Callaway Apparel and others. There is never any intention to cover any one company more than another but as we're at the show we hear certain people saying they want to see items from one company or another we're going to try our best to provide that coverage. Cobra Puma was covered a lot because they are a company that is on the move and they're exciting, simple as that.

Hopefully you'll notice just how much gear we covered because it would really make the efforts we all put in seem rather unappreciated if people didn't notice anything other than Sligo and Cobra....which do happen to be two of the more popular brands for THP members.

THP membership is quite diverse. The staff tackled a huge undertaking by covering so much, hats off to you guys (and gal)!

i'm going to share a link to one of my favorite websites. i had the chance to meet, network and dine with Corey at the PGA Show. what's so funny is that when i came away from intially meeting him, i remarked to myself about his personal style and how refreshing it was.

this story popped up today...such a small world.

Bill Haas is 28(I think) and he sports Peter Millar.

I think that Sligo is a different animal in their representation here because of their friendship with some here and some of the die hard followers that they have. However we have covered a brand like Antigua more than we have covered Puma and even sell Antigua in our store. I would hardly call them a "younger" brand.

People are free to discuss any brands they like in our forum and we hope that they continue to. THP does not and will not dictate what people want to talk about here and they are free to start any threads on any brands they would like. As I said before, not all of our PGA Show coverage is up yet and when it is completed, you will see other brands pop up in that section of the forum.

Dictate? Where did that come from? It was not stated nor implied in my OP. Not sure why you are so thin skinned and defensive on this topic. I simply inquired if we will see clothing lines that apply to the majority of the posters, and not just the younger players on this site. As stated, the coverage of the PGA Show is one of the better on the net. No one critized the coverage.

Back