2011 Cobra S3 Irons Preview

I guess it comes down to why knock a particular brand for making a very good looking product that although looks similar to an opposing product, was at best produced during the same time period. I mean how many months do you think it was between TM production and Cobra production of a similar product?

EXACTLY! I think it is just what is coming in style.

I guess it comes down to why knock a particular brand for making a very good looking product that although looks similar to an opposing product, was at best produced during the same time period. I mean how many months do you think it was between TM production and Cobra production of a similar product?

I dont have a beef with how the irons look. none at all. I can see why others do I guess.

When it comes to the white driver, that is a completely different story. Again, its not hard to see why they came out with it based on what transpired at the end of last year and why they chose to release it. I will keep it at that.

Because it's my opinion. What noone fails to realize is that I have indeed bagged cobra's products in the past. They were fine just not the best for me. Key word is "me". I was just joking with ya ole gray, nothing more to it.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Because it's my opinion. What noone fails to realize is that I have indeed bagged cobra's products in the past. They were fine just not the best for me. Key word is "me". I was just joking with ya ole gray, nothing more to it.

Hopefully :cobra: Golf takes it as humor also?

I doubt they care about my opinion.

I doubt they care about my opinion.

Oh I dunno about that my friend. I think alot of companies check out THP and other golf forums to see what comsumers are saying about their products.

Oh I dunno about that my friend. I think alot of companies check out THP and other golf forums to see what comsumers are saying about their products.

Maybe. But the point is, they could give a rats arse what my opinion is. They have their loyalists already, I'm just not one of them.

I don't know why I can be criticised for saying I think their design on this iron is a rip off. It simply is. But I'm sure they had the two tone finish in the works long before taylormade. I'm sure taylormade spends most of their r & d dollars on trying to figure out what cobra's coming out with next, so they can beat them to a launch date. Yeah, that's definitely it.

I have absolutely no doubt about this and it's a good point. The question is who really cares if a company is observing or not?

Maybe. But the point is, they could give a rats arse what my opinion is. They have their loyalists already, I'm just not one of them.

I don't know why I can be criticised for saying I think their design on this iron is a rip off. It simply is. But I'm sure they had the two tone finish in the works long before taylormade. I'm sure taylormade spends most of their r & d dollars on trying to figure out what cobra's coming out with next, so they can beat them to a launch date. Yeah, that's definitely it.

Hmmm I have to agree to disagree on this one TC. I honestly don't think TM had their 2.0 iron mold made when Cobra was designing the S3. I would challenge you to find out the production /design date of the Burner 2.0's and I will find out the production/design date of the S3's. Deal?

Hmmm I have to agree to disagree on this one TC. I honestly don't think TM had their 2.0 iron mold made when Cobra was designing the S3. I would challenge you to find out the production /design date of the Burner 2.0's and I will find out the production/design date of the S3's. Deal?

Who cares guys really? They're both out now and thats not going to change.

From the iPhone.

Gotta agree. It would be a great time to move on.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I was not critisizing you TC. I was asking a question about somthing I do not know and trying to help clear the air. My apologies if it was taken any other way.

I will not be pursuing that research. I honestly don't care. The 2.0's came out well before and are seeing success. I'm sure cobra will see success in these sticks as well. I guess I'm just the mean bastard around here that's not entitled to an opinion on equipment that's coming out. I'm sure your cobra sales rep will tell you prcisely what you want to hear. Or perhaps you can reach out to them via facebook where some intern will tell you the same.

Here's the facts: they're an OEM that's bleeding staffers, my guess is that they'll be hard pressed to retain Ian Poulter, their market share on the equipment front is 2nd string and they'll do whatever it takes to make some money, so why not emulate the iron that replaced the iron that unmantled Callaway as the #1 iron retailer in golf. The writing is on the wall, I guess I'm the only one that reads it.

I don't mind being the bad guy, which clearly I am here, but I'm just being honest and somewhat logical.

Who cares guys really? They're both out now and thats not going to change.

From the iPhone.

Maybe Cobra would , especially if they felt as if someone was projecting them as being a copycat Manufacture ?

Maybe Cobra would , especially if they felt lsomeone was projecting them as being a copycat manufactor?

But they are! Did they come up with adjustable drivers too? Did they come up with a "black'd" out driver (like the S2)? Did they come up with the two tone finish on irons?

The point is, the past shows us their tendencies. And I seriously don't think they care about little old me.

Ok I would presume that JB is about ready to say back on topic as this IS about the S3 irons. Good debate TC.

But they are! Did they come up with adjustable drivers too? Did they come up with a "black'd" out driver (like the S2)? Did they come up with the two tone finish on irons?

The point is, the past shows us their tendencies. And I seriously don't think they care about little old me.

So did almost every other company in golf. Titlest, Nike, ect.

Listen, we are all friends here, and I HATE seeing us get heated about such minor stuff as a set of golf irons. Let's just chill out here.

No problem Clay. It's all about freedom of expression.

No problem Clay. It's all about freedom of expression.

I mean, expressing your opinion is fine. But feelings can be hurt in the process. Let's all be careful

I mean, expressing your opinion is fine. But feelings can be hurt in the process. Let's all be careful

A man who is smart beyond his age :thumb:

Why should someones opinion matter. If someone does not like a product, are we supposed to not be able to voice it because it might offend the company. I think TC or anybody else for that matter should be able to speak that. Just as you can speak about how much you love them, or I can about how much I liked the S2 driver and didnt like the ZL driver.

Ummm you may want to realize that the 2.0s are very similar to the 09s before saying that and while companies work on clubs a long time in advance, I would find it truly odd to hear that the S3s were in the design lab before the 09 Burners. I get that you are a billboard and all (and I think that is great), but you seem to be getting so personally offended because some believe this is a copy type of approach. I mean in the end, who really cares right? You will still support the brand that you are loyal to and others will either support them or pass based on what they like.

Why should someones opinion matter. If someone does not like a product, are we supposed to not be able to voice it because it might offend the company. I think TC or anybody else for that matter should be able to speak that. Just as you can speak about how much you love them, or I can about how much I liked the S2 driver and didnt like the ZL driver.

Ummm you may want to realize that the 2.0s are very similar to the 09s before saying that and while companies work on clubs a long time in advance, I would find it truly odd to hear that the S3s were in the design lab before the 09 Burners. I get that you are a billboard and all (and I think that is great), but you seem to be getting so personally offended because some believe this is a copy type of approach. I mean in the end, who really cares right? You will still support the brand that you are loyal to and others will either support them or pass based on what they like.

If it were said like this is in the beginning there would have not been any backlash. You take the diplomatic point and some take the offensive view. (IMO)

Listen, I don't like or dislike brands. I like of dislike PRODUCTS. I try to stay open minded to all brands. Just because I didn't like the Cobra S2 irons, doesn't mean I should automatically hate on the company. The S3s might be PERFECT for my game.

Back