Had our sonogram today and the baby is going to be...

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
a boy! :banana: :D

We both secretly wanted a boy first so we're very happy. The sonogram tech or machine screwed up and didn't save the video or images to our USB drive, though, so we have only one photo on it and the five small printed photos we got, but the grandparents were in there with us to see it live and we're going to call the Dr first thing Monday morning and see if there's any chance they can fix it (USB works fine, not a problem on our end).

Now to find me a tiny golf club. :clap:

180423_1778411336525_1126638451_32057915_3809960_n.jpg

CONGRATS!!!! Dont all men pray for boys? I know I am going to, but if I get a girl I will be just as happy

Congrats Penglynns and the Mrs! It's great you guys are having a little Pro Golfer on the way :golf2::thumb:

Awwwwww congrats! I get all emotional when I see stuff like this. No telling what I will do when I finally find out I'm going to be a grandmother. I am a BIG cry baby! So happy for you!

Last edited:
That's awesome! Congrats. Isn't technology great.

Huge congrats buddy! That's incredible and good luck. I hope everything goes smooth and everyone stays healthy through all of it.

Congrats and good luck!

CONGRATS!

That is so awesome, congrats!!

Congrats! I had forgotten (if you had mentioned) that there was a bun in the oven!

Congrats on the boyness! It's a lot of fun to watch my little guy try to be like daddy all the time. He wants a golf club, remote control, or a tool in his hands all the time.

Congrats on the new addition and thanks, us guy's need all the help we can get. My son called today to tell me my granddaughter learned to say "Duweeeee", lol.

Congrats man!!! My wife didn't let us find out the sex of our baby and wanted it to be a surprise which I was happy with in the end. The size of the grin on my face when I saw that it was a boy must have been priceless. Congrats again man, having a child was the best thing I have ever done.

Edit: if my wife is reading this marrying you is a very close second.

Major congrats!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! We have one of each and they are both so sweet and lovable. It's an amazing journey - being a parent. So happy for you!!

Woot!! Congratulations to you & your wife

Congratulations....boys are a blast (as girls are too I'm sure).

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!! I am like Kelly, I get very emotional when I read these posts. I am so happy for you and your wife.

Congrats !!

Congrats dude!! What great news!!

Congrats! Just a few more months and you'll be passing out cigars right?

Congratulations!!!! I'm blessed with a great son (15) and daughter (13).

I'll share this because it's (semi) golf related. My wife and I both preferred to be surprised but it was very important to me that I name my first son after my cousin and hero, Sean, who had died of leukemia when he was only 17 (I was 10 when he passed). But I just wanted a healthy baby. My desire not withstanding, I never let myself hope for a boy as that would be like hoping against my future daughter (or, so I thought).

Sean's mother, my Aunt Nickie, also later died of the same strain of the disease. Sean's brother, Vinny, was also stricken with the same strain but it was years later and thankfully with medical advancements as they are, he's been in remission for years.

Anyway, with all the family endured, I was was actually fearful to ask my Uncle for his blessing, thus stirring up all the emotions once again, only for the baby to possibly be a girl. So, my wife and I decided to find out before I broached the subject with my Uncle Vinny.

The day of the sonogram just so happened to be the same day as a long-planned golf outing which I was orchestrating. I was beside myself with regard to my commitment, and my family. My wife, great woman as she is, INSISTED that I not let anyone down and that I make the outing.

I went and she went with my mom to the doctor's. My stay at the outing didn't last very long. I couldn't concentrate, so I left.

Well, long story longer... this was before I had a cell-phone and I had no way to reach the wife. Stupid, but I didn't even know which office she'd gone to. Stressed and exhausted, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, and I'm still emotional nearly 16 years later in recounting this, still groggy and my eyes not completely focused... my attention was stolen by an object on the door. Hanging on the door-knob was a baby-blue baby's outfit. I really thought I'd guarded against any desire and only wished for a healthy baby. But the emotion, that my boy Sean who in my heart I'd known for years, was on his way to me. I was overcome with emotion.

Once collected, I called my uncle and expressed my wishes. I'll never forget that conversation either. "I never knew you felt so deeply about my Sean," he whispered. I told him that Sean was everything I ever wanted to be and I'd long prayed to God that I have both my uncle's blessing to name my son Sean and that my son would someday possess the impressive everything that was my cousin.

Blessing granted and I hope it doesn't seem weird to say this because all I ever wanted to do was pay tribute to a loved one in naming my son after him. But my son is so very much like my cousin. From his outgoing personality to his kindness, and willingness to help anyone and everyone. He's very nearly as I remembered my cousin. And soooo unlike his dad. :wink:

Nobody has to tell you the gift you've been given. My son and daughter are my two best friends in the entire world and I wouldn't have it any other way. Wish only the same for you and everyone!

Back