Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

This is awesome news, because these are super cheap right now!

they really are. Cobra stuff just never seems to sell very well. If you follow their gear on ebay you can find them for crazy cheap. Same goes for the Driver, FW, and hybrids. I'd hold these up against whatever else is out on the market.

they really are. Cobra stuff just never seems to sell very well. If you follow their gear on ebay you can find them for crazy cheap. Same goes for the Driver, FW, and hybrids. I'd hold these up against whatever else is out on the market.

Well, to be honest, if I wouldn't have randomly grabbed the driver, I wouldn't have ever given Cobra a chance because the clubs (especially woods) that I've hit the the past never really impress me, and their drivers were waaaaaay too loud at impact.

Well, to be honest, if I wouldn't have randomly grabbed the driver, I wouldn't have ever given Cobra a chance because the clubs (especially woods) that I've hit the the past never really impress me, and their drivers were waaaaaay too loud at impact.

I don't blame you. There old drivers were awful when it came to sound. The speed LD series was the worst. I thought last year they turned the corner with equipment and this year was another strong step in the right direction. I hope they continue that trend.

I was able to get these out on the course for the first time on Tuesday and while I was definitely dealing with some growing pains in getting used to them overall they played great for me. The get up in the air high and straight very easily and the ball definitely flies off the face for me. In fact that was probably my biggest issue, getting adjusted to which club to pull for a specific shot. I hit a SW right over the green on a 110yd approach which never would have happened with my Nike clubs. Another time I accidentally pulled my 9i instead of the 6i for a 170yd shot and I actually hit the 9i the right distance but with a big pull so I was pin high but way right (i'm a lefty). When I realized it was the 9i I couldn't believe I got it to travel that far.

I'm looking forward to playing out the rest of this season with them and getting comfortable going in to next spring. I'm considering swapping out my 3 and 4 Adams Super Hybrids with the matching Cell hybrids if I can get the right value back from my Adam's clubs.

Well said Cap! A buddy of mine has been playing Cobra for year's and loves their stuff, and up till the MC that was the extent of my Cobra knowledge, now I shout it from the roof tops and these irons are at the top of my list!

First round in over 3 weeks tomorrow pretty excited! Should have quite a bit to report back with these bad boys.

You aint kidding man. I was just on ebay screwing around. Not even trying to buy these and I ended of getting a set of 4-GW brand new with a 3-4 hybrid thrown in as well for $250! Are you kidding me. How can they be that cheap?

These irons are literally changing my game for the better round by round.

I had at least 5 left misses today and as I have never had that problem before I know it is the clubs haha Honestly I think it was an alignment issue.

After the initial Honeymoon issues with the set I really think I am starting to figure them out and the stiff shafts seriously are making a big difference. Most if it is me the golfer obviously but I feel something with the irons and I am absolutely confident they help me get to the next level with my game.

You aint kidding man. I was just on ebay screwing around. Not even trying to buy these and I ended of getting a set of 4-GW brand new with a 3-4 hybrid thrown in as well for $250! Are you kidding me. How can they be that cheap?

I picked up a 4-GW set off ebay yesterday for $227US ($323AU shipped to Australia). They still retail here for $99 a club so I'm hoping they aren't that cheap because they are fake! I did some research on the seller and the consensus was they are legit...... I guess I'll find out if there will be some of this :banghead: going on in the next few weeks when they turn up :)

Good luck with the new sticks

I picked up a 4-GW set off ebay yesterday for $227US ($323AU shipped to Australia). They still retail here for $99 a club so I'm hoping they aren't that cheap because they are fake! I did some research on the seller and the consensus was they are legit...... I guess I'll find out if there will be some of this :banghead: going on in the next few weeks when they turn up :)

I am 95% sure they are legit.

I picked mine up a little over a month ago for $320, 5-pw graphite shaft. Dont know why cobra doesnt hold value because these irons are awesome.

I picked mine up a little over a month ago for $320, 5-pw graphite shaft. Dont know why cobra doesnt hold value because these irons are awesome.

Dude you are a buying machine lately! Optiforce and amp cell irons could be a scary good combo.

Dude you are a buying machine lately! Optiforce and amp cell irons could be a scary good combo.

long off the tee and accurate with irons. winning combo

These should get a work out today in a work scramble.

These should get a work out today in a work scramble.

They have been a huge asset in any scramble I've played in, only if it gave me more confidence to know I could step up and hit a shot if the team needed it.

Really considering picking up a set of these bad boys.

I love my J38s, but these things are going for a killer price. The only thing that scares me, being a natural high ball hitter, will the Dynalite's balloon on me?

Really considering picking up a set of these bad boys.

I love my J38s, but these things are going for a killer price. The only thing that scares me, being a natural high ball hitter, will the Dynalite's balloon on me?

I needed more height to get better distance and stopping power on the greens, and they definitely gave me a lot of height and with that came a ton more distance. I don't know if you'd like the Dynalites if you are a high ball hitter already, I have a friend who hits the ball high already and he hit my Amp Cells into orbit. He still saw the same distance as he does with his TMs, but if he were to try to hit them into a head wind, the ball would probably come back at him.

So so anxious for these to get here. Placed the order Saturday. Can't wait to get home and see that Cobra box at the door. Blue of course

I just got the Amp Cell with KBS Tour 90 shafts. Love'em.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I have been spending more than I should but when you find a club you like sometimes you just have to have it.

long off the tee and accurate with irons. winning combo

I won't ever be a player considered long off the tee but I do plan on being longer with the Optiforce and I have been accurate with the Amp Cells, hopefully lower scores to come soon.

These irons with stock graphite are something else. Wowzers. Never would have guessed.

you try some this weekend at the outing, or are you testing them?
These irons with stock graphite are something else. Wowzers. Never would have guessed.

Back