Thoughtson FJ Contour Series?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
I was looking into a pair of these. Just wondering what the general consensus was on the quality, comfort, and fit of these? They are one of the few shoes I can find in my size for a reasonable cost.

I think I am in the minority, but I am not a huge fan. I know some are, but for me, for the same money, I can get a pair of shoes that are more comfortable (purely subjective).

I think I am in the minority, but I am not a huge fan. I know some are, but for me, for the same money, I can get a pair of shoes that are more comfortable (purely subjective).

Such as?

I don't think my FJs are the contour series, I think when they came out they were just called the Reelfit series. Anyway, the contour series has the BOA lacing system which I think is great. My Reelfit are pretty comfortable but the toes are longer than other shoes I have/had. I don't know if that is the case with other FJ shoes, longer than normal, but right now I like the addidas 360 series. They just fit better (exact to the foot measuring thingy at the store, cann't remember the name and too lazy to look it up). Hoping one day addidas gets the BOA system.

I guess I should point out, I think if you go for them spend the extra few bucks for the BOA.

They range in price it seems from $59 to $99 depending on line I believe and for that I personally prefer quite a few different brands. Our home page is filled with reviews on shoes from the last few years that have been marked down considerably (many times to this range) that I prefer.

I believe with golf shoes you must try before you buy. Personal opinion yes, but mine nonetheless.

Ironically I am the exact opposite as CA. I dont care for the BOA for quite a few reasons.

Just thinking, after addidas, the next most comfortable shoe has been from Etonic. I have a pair of the G-Sok spikeless that I wear for everything but golf. Very comfortable shoes.
But as JB says, gotta try things out. I realize it is harder for you since you don't have much around and a difficult footsize. If you end up going online and ordering blind though, I'd say go with addidas because they'll have a better chance of actually fitting right in my opinion.

Aggro, both pairs of shoes I have are the FootJoy Contour series and I like them quite a bit. Sizing is one of my biggest problems, and FootJoy offers both Wide and XWide even for my size 13 boats. The Contour is the cheapest FootJoys that come in XWide which is probably why I own them. I don't think anyone would mistake them for the higher end models, but at the $60-$80 price point, they are very comfortable and seem to hold up well, I've had both pairs 3-4 years now.

I have both the laced and "Reelfit" styles and find the laced ones are actually more comfortable and fit better. I like the speed of the Reelfit- both on and off- but they are harder to find and appear to be discontinued.
I did find a couple extra pair of the laced white style at a really good price and put them in the closet.
Just gave away a pair of Etonic that blistered my left heel both times I wore them on the course.

Back