Mardin

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what kinda of grips everyone is using on their putters. I'm thikning about going from a standard grip to a larger/thicker grip.

I used wither Medium Iomic's or my true favorites, Gripmaster Stitchbacks.

VERY curious about Golf Pride's new grip that is coming out this year though.

I use the medium Iomic on one putter and a midsize Winn Lite Hero on the other.
I've tried the jumbo grips, my dad puts them on all of his putters, but I don't like them that much. Though they do help with keeping the hands out of the stroke for some I don't like the lack of feel and don't have as much problem with my hands in the stroke.
The midsize Iomics are probably in between a standard and a midsize Winn (or Lamkin or Golf Pride). A little smaller than "normal" midsized.

I was using the midsize IOmic grips and I've switched over to the IOmic Absolute grips... They are not completely smooth and have a better 'grip' to them.

I'm really curious to see what kinda of grips everyone is using on their putters. I'm thikning about going from a standard grip to a larger/thicker grip.

how's your putting with the grip you have on now?
If you're not putting badly I'd stick with what you have or change to something similar.

I swear by the Winn AVS mid-size Pistol

I use the Tour Perferred Grip from Golf pride on my SeeMore.

DSC01408.jpg

It is a little thicker, but I love the added weight to the putter. It gives me a very sturdy point of contact.

I've got an Iomic medium, or large - can't remember.

I've got an Iomic medium, or large - can't remember.

Its a large. More rounded corners than the medium as well as bigger. I went back to the mediums for the sharper edges.

I love the Winn AVS. I otherwise hate Winn grips, but I love having the slightly larger, softer grip on my putter.

I love the stock grip on my Odyssey. Nice and squishy and comfortable.
My brother's Cleveland is like a rock and I just can't warm up to it.

The Winn grip that came standard with my putter (Rossa Sebring) has worked well enough for me to scope out backups of the same grip on eBay. But unlike CardsFan I prefer Winn for all of my clubs, so there may be some bias there.

Old worn out Winn grip with about 5 layers of athletic tape wrapped around. Ugly but effective.

attachment.php

I have the stock Winn AVS grip on my Rife. It's been a great grip, but I'd like to try an Iomic, just to try something different.

This Winn Midsize. Hate the color combo on my particular putter, but it works and I don't want to mess with something that is working...

winn-grips-b002ebr7wm.jpg

Winn AVS Jumbo

I like the Jumbo Crown grip. I'm not using it on my SeeMores right now, but may switch to them closer to the golf season.

Its a large. More rounded corners than the medium as well as bigger. I went back to the mediums for the sharper edges.

This club has almost talked me into believing I can actually putt!

Be aware that a larger grip will, probably be a heavier grip and therefore may change the balance and feel of the putter. This may not be a bad thing but it can change how the putter feels.

Iomic Absolute. Best putter grip ever.

Be aware that a larger grip will, probably be a heavier grip and therefore may change the balance and feel of the putter. This may not be a bad thing but it can change how the putter feels.

Yep, swingweight change indeed.

Super Stroke SLIM! Love it! Took a little getting used to, especially on shorter putts but well worth it!

That is an awesome grip my friend. To add to this I came across a lamkin 3gen the other night that I loooove. Iomic feel without the impossibility of keeping clean and a third of the cost!

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I use this one as well -- made the switch to this grip this year and still enjoying it.

Back