The Tour Championship [Spoilers]

If anyone cares with all of the football going on, the coverage on NBC is now LIVE because of the delay due to thunderstorms earlier today.

The guys are out there in a DOWNPOUR. Take about 20 degrees off of the temperature and this is probably what the weather at the Ryder Cup will look like. Furyk still in the lead right now.

Having Steve Sands in front of a whiteboard explaining the Fedex Cup scenarios is just funny.

some of these guys dont even wear rain gear and its pouring

We get it NBC, Furyk spent $39 on a putter.

Furyk hits it into the bunker on the right side of the green at 18, will need to get up and down to win the tournament and the Fedex Cup, and probably player of the year as well.

If Furyk wins, I think JB needs to change his avatar back to the magazine cover with Furyk on it!

Holy crap, what a nice sand shot by Furyk. I think I need to practice my short game more. :)

How much did Furyk pay for the wedge NBC?

Jim Furyk may frame his CG15 wedge

I didnt get to watch. what kind of putter is it?

Nice win by what seems to be a pretty good guy...

I didnt get to watch. what kind of putter is it?

furyk bought a yes! putter for like $30 a couple of weeks ago.

Glad to see the winner of the Tour Championship win the FedEx cup as well. I really hate the set up of the FedEx Cup still. Steve Sands having to break down all the "scenarios" to determine a winner is ridiculous!! This is the only sport where you have to do that and they need to change that! The players as well as the fans having no idea how it will end up until the final putt is sank and all the calculations are made is absurd!! Plus the season isn't really over yet???

(rant mode off)

Congrat to Furyk! From what i was able to watch it was a well played tournament.

Something about Furyk just makes me like him, glad he won both the tourney and the FedEx cup. I think this probably vaults him to POY as well.

Here is the transcript that was just sent to me from the PGA Tour from Furyk on his putter.

Q. You did speak about that putter, the heel shafted putter that you had picked up. What brand is it and are you planning on taking it next week where the greens are going to be a lot slower?

JIM FURYK: I putted with it in Chicago where I was struggling with the greens because they were slow and I liked it there, and these were very quick and I liked it here. It will go with me. It will be used either way, and it is a Yes! putter, same putter that Retief won his U.S. Opens with. Not the same putter, but the same company.

The reason I picked it up, to be honest with you, it's the only one in the shop -- it was the only 8802 like, whatever you want to call it, heel shafted putter. They had some that were bigger, more like a mallet head that were heel shafted, kind of like Faldo used to putt with in his heyday, but they had lines on them, and I wanted something without a line. I just wanted it as simple as it could be, heel shafted. It was the only one in the shop of about 300 putters. At the time I didn't think it was all the that pretty to be honest with you, but it's getting a lot better looking every day.

Q. Joe & Leigh's.

JIM FURYK: Joe & Leigh's, that's it. And I felt so bad, I wanted to say it on TV just to pump the store and I couldn't remember it. I couldn't remember it.

Q. How much was it?

JIM FURYK: It was like 65 bucks, but they sold it to me for $39, I think. I didn't ask for that, trust me. I didn't barter.

Q. You said it was used, right? Somebody returned it.

JIM FURYK: It was used. It was a used putter. It's got a nick on the back flange, it's got a little ding in the top line. I never loft and lied it which is rare for me because I've always got my putters on a loft-lie machine at home, and the way the grip is on it, it might be slightly off center but that's kind of how I like it anyway. I guess we were meant to be, who knows.

Q. Do you still flip the grip on your putter?

JIM FURYK: No, I did that earlier in the year. I won twice and stopped.

Awesome interview. He seems so down to earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the transcript that was just sent to me from the PGA Tour from Furyk on his putter.

Q. You did speak about that putter, the heel shafted putter that you had picked up. What brand is it and are you planning on taking it next week where the greens are going to be a lot slower?

JIM FURYK: I putted with it in Chicago where I was struggling with the greens because they were slow and I liked it there, and these were very quick and I liked it here. It will go with me. It will be used either way, and it is a Yes! putter, same putter that Retief won his U.S. Opens with. Not the same putter, but the same company.

The reason I picked it up, to be honest with you, it's the only one in the shop -- it was the only 8802 like, whatever you want to call it, heel shafted putter. They had some that were bigger, more like a mallet head that were heel shafted, kind of like Faldo used to putt with in his heyday, but they had lines on them, and I wanted something without a line. I just wanted it as simple as it could be, heel shafted. It was the only one in the shop of about 300 putters. At the time I didn't think it was all the that pretty to be honest with you, but it's getting a lot better looking every day.

Q. Joe & Leigh's.

JIM FURYK: Joe & Leigh's, that's it. And I felt so bad, I wanted to say it on TV just to pump the store and I couldn't remember it. I couldn't remember it.

Q. How much was it?

JIM FURYK: It was like 65 bucks, but they sold it to me for $39, I think. I didn't ask for that, trust me. I didn't barter.

Q. You said it was used, right? Somebody returned it.

JIM FURYK: It was used. It was a used putter. It's got a nick on the back flange, it's got a little ding in the top line. I never loft and lied it which is rare for me because I've always got my putters on a loft-lie machine at home, and the way the grip is on it, it might be slightly off center but that's kind of how I like it anyway. I guess we were meant to be, who knows.

Q. Do you still flip the grip on your putter?

JIM FURYK: No, I did that earlier in the year. I won twice and stopped.

Wow, a Yes! putter for 39 bucks!!! Oh, he won? Thats cool too I guess...

Great win for Furyk. It's awesome to see such a likeable guy win and show some emotion.

So how about Kevin Na taking it on the tee box @ 18? I can't remember if it was Casey or Donald playing with him but that interview showed great tact in response to the question about his (Na) actions.

So how about Kevin Na taking it on the tee box @ 18? I can't remember if it was Casey or Donald playing with him but that interview showed great tact in response to the question about his (Na) actions.

It was Paul Casey that was playing with Na. I saw the interview with Casey near the end of the tourney where he said that Na's actions have "no place in the sport" or something to that effect.

Na's behavior was awful, and Paul Casey was extremely diplomatic in his interview when asked about it. I didn't like Na before today because he's one of the slowest players on tour, and him slamming his club into the 18th tee box didn't improve my opinion of him at all.

I didn't know much about Kevin Na before today but now I hate him. Everyone thought Overton acted like a baby this was worse than Tiger, which is REALLY bad.

What did Kevin Na do?

Hit a bad shot and slam his club into the ground? That is not all that uncommon among pro's. Heck, I have seen them throw putters and all sorts of things that have no place in the game.

Back