Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
Dustin Johnson leaves the tee time up to the caddie? Last year he said he doesn't read the rules sheet when he got the penalty for touching his club in the bunker.

DJ is a very good golfer, but not very detail oriented :{

---------------------
Johnson's caddie, Bobby Brown, took most of the heat for the late tee-time arrival, with Dustin even commenting after the round that he doesn't look at the time, leaving that up to the caddie.
--------------------

Dustin Johnson leaves the tee time up to the caddie? Last year he said he doesn't read the rules sheet when he got the penalty for touching his club in the bunker.

DJ is a very good golfer, but not very detail oriented :{

---------------------
Johnson's caddie, Bobby Brown, took most of the heat for the late tee-time arrival, with Dustin even commenting after the round that he doesn't look at the time, leaving that up to the caddie.
--------------------

Hmm.. not sure about this one. A caddie has a TON of responsibilities and for some golfers this may just be one of them. If it was up to the caddy tournament to tournament then yes it was his fault.

Some people want to be as focused as possible and only want to hear from their caddy that week. His caddie just made a mistake. If DJ determines thats his caddies job, then hes gotta trust it. Honest mistake Im sure.

It cost him 2 strokes off the the bat , I think I would be a bit more in tuned on the tournament I entered each time !
And Surely a person would ask hows our time looking while your practicing ??

i doubt he lost track of time, because there is usually clocks on the range. He legit thought his teetime was 40 minutes later than it was.
It cost him 2 strokes off the the bat , I think I would be a bit more in tuned on the tournament I entered each time !
And Surely a person would ask hows our time looking while your practicing ??

Hmm.. not sure about this one. A caddie has a TON of responsibilities and for some golfers this may just be one of them. If it was up to the caddy tournament to tournament then yes it was his fault.
Yes, but the thing is, this kind of thing seems to happen an awful lot, just to DJ.

i doubt he lost track of time, because there is usually clocks on the range. He legit thought his teetime was 40 minutes later than it was.
How many times have you forgotten your tee time ??
Just saying he seems to need to get more in tuned with his tournaments he enters .

I find it hard to fathom that he didn't have any clue as to what his tee time was. What is his usual routine? Does he just snuggle in bed every morning until his caddy comes and wakes him up with a nice warm bottle?

Two marquee, airhead mistakes in the last 6 months that have cost him who knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars... His excuse for both of them is basically that he just doesn't pay much attention to his job.

I love watching this guy play, but he seems like a bit of a goofus to me.

I wont get into details, but I will say that ANYBODY that has ever spent any time around DJ knows exactly what the problem is.

At least it got Gray off the course, thanks DJ and BB.

I certainly never have but JB I assume he did not major in organic chemistry or rocket science? :)

I wont get into details, but I will say that ANYBODY that has ever spent any time around DJ knows exactly what the problem is.

I don't want to make any assumptions but just by listening to him talk he sound like a pothead. Speaking of, does the pga drug test?

I don't want to make any assumptions but just by listening to him talk he sound like a pothead. Speaking of, does the pga drug test?

Was thinking the same thing.

Yes, PGA does "random" drug tests.

Thanks Mary , do they test for just peds or illegal narcotics as well?

They test for PEDs and illegal drugs. Doug Barron was suspended until this year for use of testerone that he said he needed for health reasons. He received permission this year to take it for medical reasons. You can read about Doug Barron's suspension and the loop holes that the PGA can use to sweep a positive test under the carpet if they wish here: http://www.waggleroom.com/2009/11/3/1113447/a-critical-look-at-the-pga-tour

Also somewhere here in Golf on Tour section is the way the tour handled Matt Every's arrest for possession of pot at the John Deere. (Can't find thread right now but know someone will point to it)

Who? DJ or Doug Barron?

I have no problem with Doug Barron's use of testerone for a medical reason. I think the Tour blew it with that one. In fact if anyone needs a drug for medical reasons they shouldn't be penalized.

Who? DJ or Doug Barron?

I have no problem with Doug Barron's use of testerone for a medical reason. I think the Tour blew it with that one. In fact if anyone needs a drug for medical reasons they shouldn't be penalized.
DJ, if he has "problems" we are unaware of and are not being treated. Of course that is just pure speculation.

DJ, if he has "problems" we are unaware of and are not being treated. Of course that is just pure speculation.

Who knows. Maybe. I've never had any interaction with DJ beyond a "hello" on the practice tee at the Barclay's last year. He always seems like he's not the sharpest tool in the shed whenever I hear or see him on TV.

I was replying to JRod's questions about the Tour's drug policy and how random maybe isn't so random in regards to the testing policy

Fact: Dustin Johnson has been arrested for DUI in the past (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1888712,00.html).

Opinion: I'm not saying that alcohol is the "problem" that JB speaks of, because I've never met the guy and don't have insider knowledge of the PGA Tour either. Also, the more that stuff like this happens to Dustin Johnson, 2 words keep coming to mind: Nuke Laloosh.

Who knows. Maybe. I've never had any interaction with DJ beyond a "hello" on the practice tee at the Barclay's last year. He always seems like he's not the sharpest tool in the shed whenever I hear or see him on TV.

I was replying to JRod's questions about the Tour's drug policy and how random maybe isn't so random in regards to the testing policy
Oh, sorry if I interrupted. Though I wasn't aware of "randomness" of the Tour's testing policy.

They test for PEDs and illegal drugs. Doug Barron was suspended until this year for use of testerone that he said he needed for health reasons. He received permission this year to take it for medical reasons. You can read about Doug Barron's suspension and the loop holes that the PGA can use to sweep a positive test under the carpet if they wish here: http://www.waggleroom.com/2009/11/3/1113447/a-critical-look-at-the-pga-tour

Also somewhere here in Golf on Tour section is the way the tour handled Matt Every's arrest for possession of pot at the John Deere. (Can't find thread right now but know someone will point to it)
The stuff Baron was taking was prescribed by his doctor. I had to take it for awhile myself to help lower a high blood pressure condition, propranolol I think. It wasn't my idea, my doctor thought it might help avoid a heart attack.

I'm really surprised by the direction some of you have taken this thread in regards to DJ. Associating his name with drug abuse because of the way he talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back