R9 460 or Superfast or R9 Supertri or what else?

Snap Hook

I before E,excpt Titleist
Reaction score
Handicap
3 SNGA
I own a r9 460. Got a Superfast coming on the way. If i'm not happy with the SF I can trade both in at Golf Galaxy and get an additional 100 in credit for each towards the purchase of a new TM,Callway, or Nike Driver.
That leaves the R9 supertri (the only driver left by TM I haven't tried haha I know about the superdeep too) and callaway's line of drivers. I demo'd all the nike drivers last month and didn't find anything for me. Not bashing Nike in anyway just none of their stock drivers suited me when I tried them last month. So...... any sugestions? If the Superfast doesn't work out i've got about $400 in credit to play with.
Also I also might keep the r9 460 (i've been bombing it a lot lately) and trade the SF in for a 3w. Am willing to take suggestions on a 3w too. (Bridges I know what you're gonna say, the SF 3w does look good.......)

of course everyone knows about my love for the Diablo Edge, but it is a very high quality big stick and certainly worth the time to at least demo it. heres the link to the 2010 THP driver shootout. good luck in your hunt.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7079

hahaha. no lie man, you should try it out at GG.

hey if you dont like the superfast driver let me know. i might take it off your hands!

you shouldnt have any problem with the superfast at least quality wise i love mine... that being said if the superfast doesnt get it up for you than the supertri definitly will thats the great thing about TM they got something for everyone

I recently switch from R9 460 to Ping G15 best decision ever. The last 4 rounds I only miss 2 fairways on each round and not by much, no more hooks or slices. The distance also is almost the same. The big difference is much easy to keep find the fairway with the G15

i'd have to nominate the cally ft tour! it's bomber! the only set back is that it comes 2* open but i typically fight a cut and ironically, didn't have to much trouble with it. one of the longest drivers i tested this year. i'm just sayin'

the guy with calloway in his forum name suggested a callaway hmm....(insert sarcaastic comment)
Just Joking TC, def gonna check out the cally ft tour when I get off work today. Heading straigt to GG to meet a buddy and do a little club testing.

Had a 460 and it was pretty straight and long but, the SuperTri came out and it was sexy!!! The ST is at least as long and after jacking around with the weights and head (fun to do:D) it is great. I have the SF fairway woods and as I have said before they are HOT, so I did have a brief "fling" with the regular SF and it is definitely longer than the ST. I just couldn't keep it out of the weeds. Everything right, tried a couple of different shafts (even my FAV Oban Devotion) and never felt as comfortable with it as I am with the ST. I have NOT (yet..) hit the SFTP. I like the ST too much to tempt myself. Good Luck.

Maybe try a SuperFast but get a shorter shaft and one of your liking if you dont like the stock one. Ive found the SuperFast a bit longer then the SuperTri too but not by much.

Supertri is a fantastic driver. Paired with a shaft that you can load and it is a beast. That being said I just got my FT-IZ from the Masters contest and holy cow this thing is crazy. Most forgiving driver I have every hit. I was a Cally man my entire golfing life until the ST and after yesterday I'm back on the Cally bandwagon. The IZ is a great big stick!! Just decided yesterday to jump on the Diablo Forged bandwagon also so I might have an all Cally bag soon.

Just picked one of these up, 8.5* with the VooDoo XVS6 shaft. It's an amazing driver, the only drawback being it's not very forgiving. (Duh it's tour issue) However when you hit the sweet spot you feel nothing, you only hear a muted crack, and the flight path is simply amazing. Love it.

Edit: I meant to quote TC but failed at forum posting.

Depends on if your a snap hooker but I found the Mizuno 630 range an absolute bomb the fast track is nice but I went for the traditional model.SIts square at address and has a very nice shaft.

Supertri is a fantastic driver. Paired with a shaft that you can load and it is a beast. That being said I just got my FT-IZ from the Masters contest and holy cow this thing is crazy. Most forgiving driver I have every hit. I was a Cally man my entire golfing life until the ST and after yesterday I'm back on the Cally bandwagon. The IZ is a great big stick!! Just decided yesterday to jump on the Diablo Forged bandwagon also so I might have an all Cally bag soon.

i'm so jealous! congrats on picking those up, i can't wait to hear your thoughts. i have a friend that has them and he says hands down, the best feeling iron he's ever hit. i would also love pics!!

Just picked one of these up, 8.5* with the VooDoo XVS6 shaft. It's an amazing driver, the only drawback being it's not very forgiving. (Duh it's tour issue) However when you hit the sweet spot you feel nothing, you only hear a muted crack, and the flight path is simply amazing. Love it.

Edit: I meant to quote TC but failed at forum posting.

glad to hear you like it JROD! i agree 100% about the sound and feeling at impact. i felt as though the ft tour would've been much more difficult to hit than it was. can't wait to hear more.

Lol haven't actually gotten them yet TC. Have to sell my gear first to be able to afford those bad boys. I will take pics when I get them though.

Lol haven't actually gotten them yet TC. Have to sell my gear first to be able to afford those bad boys. I will take pics when I get them though.

are you off'ing the pro blacks? you have the cb1's or cb2's? sorry for all the ?'s man, but i love living vicariously through others, especially when they're considering picking up a set of irons that i would love to have! damn callaway and their non lefty stuff!!

are you off'ing the pro blacks? you have the cb1's or cb2's? sorry for all the ?'s man, but i love living vicariously through others, especially when they're considering picking up a set of irons that i would love to have! damn callaway and their non lefty stuff!!

Was wondering the same thing.

Sorry guys I have the original Pro Black MB's. And yeah I'm looking to get something with forgiveness as my back won't allow me to practice like I need to in order to play the MB's.

Sorry guys I have the original Pro Black MB's. And yeah I'm looking to get something with forgiveness as my back won't allow me to practice like I need to in order to play the MB's.

no need to apologize bro! pretty sweet shafts in those irons!

when are you thinking about picking up the forged diablo's?

Lets keep this one on topic guys. The OP was asking about drivers here.

That's alright JB. I got what I needed. ps When did the the OEM Kevin become the main chat thread for this site? haha just kidding.

So what have you decided to do Snap Hook?

So what have you decided to do Snap Hook?
Spent a couple of hours at GG yesterday. Club head speed was on average about 5 mphs faster (up aroun 108). Blanking on ball speed (at work got it written down at home) but it was definitly faster. Launch angle was higher and spin was higher though.......(that's not good) but I was carrying the ball the same distance as my r9460 (carry plus roll)! I even hit a big a ol balloon drive on the simluator! It was kind of funny to see it shoot up out of the screen's view.... only to fall back to earth 285 yrds away.
So early test was..... promising with some worries. Club head spead and distance was no problem, spin and launch angle was a problem. I'm hoping I can attribute the extra spin and launch angle to the longer shaft and lighter weight. If I can't get the spin and launch angle down under control I'm gonna look elswhere. Gonnna make a final decision on thursday. By then I'll have played 2 rounds with it.

Spent a couple of hours at GG yesterday. Club head speed was on average about 5 mphs faster (up aroun 108). Blanking on ball speed (at work got it written down at home) but it was definitly faster. Launch angle was higher and spin was higher though.......(that's not good) but I was carrying the ball the same distance as my r9460 (carry plus roll)! I even hit a big a ol balloon drive on the simluator! It was kind of funny to see it shoot up out of the screen's view.... only to fall back to earth 285 yrds away.
So early test was..... promising with some worries. Club head spead and distance was no problem, spin and launch angle was a problem. I'm hoping I can attribute the extra spin and launch angle to the longer shaft and lighter weight. If I can't get the spin and launch angle down under control I'm gonna look elswhere. Gonnna make a final decision on thursday. By then I'll have played 2 rounds with it.

wait which club was this, superfast or super tri?

Back