Does Anybody Use a Chipper other than a Niblick?

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Pretty straight forward question, anybody ever use a chipper that wasn't a Niblick? Good? Bad? So so? The Adams a7OS chipper comes to mind. Or is the Niblick just the way to go?

Debating this as a Christmas gift.....

Niblick. Stay on the straight and narrow, do not stray

Agreed, Niblick is the way to go

Thanks for the input guys! So if the Niblick is the way to go, which model is best all around for pitching, chipping, etc?

if you mean loft, etc. I think the 49 is hard to beat.
Thanks for the input guys! So if the Niblick is the way to go, which model is best all around for pitching, chipping, etc?

I like the 42*. I have used them all. This like all other things golf is personal preference.

i use my 8 iron, it's 35*.

I like the 42*. I have used them all. This like all other things golf is personal preference.

True enough... I'm thinking this as a Christmas gift to AG. She struggles some times with her short game and I think something like this would help. Her PW is 44 and her SW is 54, so the 49 would cut that gap nicely. I use my 50* for almost everything around the green and for the most part it works out fairly well. A 49 would be relatively equivalent right?

I cannot bring myself to use a chipper.just like I wont go any higher than a 5 wood.

Maybe I have some sort of complex. They may help my game, but they aint going in.

(before anyone says using a hybrid is no different, it took 6 year to get me used to the idea, so back off)

True enough... I'm thinking this as a Christmas gift to AG. She struggles some times with her short game and I think something like this would help. Her PW is 44 and her SW is 54, so the 49 would cut that gap nicely. I use my 50* for almost everything around the green and for the most part it works out fairly well. A 49 would be relatively equivalent right?

Exactly why I got the 49 dude

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

I cannot bring myself to use a chipper.just like I wont go any higher than a 5 wood.

Maybe I have some sort of complex. They may help my game, but they aint going in.

(before anyone says using a hybrid is no different, it took 6 year to get me used to the idea, so back off)

Like WR said, it boils down to personal preference. I've become, well, ok with my 50* so I don't think I really need something like this at the moment either. Maybe one day. They are quite polarizing, and that's ok. Some like it, others don't. Personal preference.

I use a chipper.It's one of the irons I pull out of my bag.Kinda partial to the 50 degree utility wedge but it could be a 7 iron or something else alltogether. It kinda depends on what shot I want to try and pull off.
this kinda sums it up for me too

I've used the Adams and I've used the Niblick. The Adams hosel is not as solid as the Niblick so you shouldn't use it for full shots. It's more of a putter hosel. With a Niblick you can use it off the tee if you wanted to. Ask P4B about that!

Making a choice I would go with a Niblick.

I've used the Adams and I've used the Niblick. The Adams hosel is not as solid as the Niblick so you shouldn't use it for full shots. It's more of a putter hosel. With a Niblick you can use it off the tee if you wanted to. Ask P4B about that!

Making a choice I would go with a Niblick.

The Niblick is definitely a lot more versatile. Think that's the way I'm going to go. It's a bit more expensive but probably worth it. Besides, she's got too much Adams in her bag already..... HEHE :angel:

get a 56*...now thats versatile

get a 56*...now thats versatile

Could do, but I think the 49 would be a better fit for her. She needs a bit more help around the green than from the sand. Plus she's got that 10* gap. The 49* would cut that right in half.

Could do, but I think the 49 would be a better fit for her. She needs a bit more help around the green than from the sand. Plus she's got that 10* gap. The 49* would cut that right in half.

my bad, your right, I didnt read that post, I just got to the Niblick question and replied

I have a 42* and I'm looking at either a 49* or a new gap wedge (50*). The thing about the niblick is it's so easy to use. Yeah you can use your irons or hybrids but something about the niblick is just easy. I takes a bit to get used to on full shots but they work wonders. I use it out of dirt and other trouble areas too. I jacked up my 56* lol when I should've used my Niblick because the thing is just so darn durable. If I had to do it over again, I'd wait and get a 49*, seems the most versatile of them all.

I have a 42* and I'm looking at either a 49* or a new gap wedge (50*). The thing about the niblick is it's so easy to use. Yeah you can use your irons or hybrids but something about the niblick is just easy. I takes a bit to get used to on full shots but they work wonders. I use it out of dirt and other trouble areas too. I jacked up my 56* lol when I should've used my Niblick because the thing is just so darn durable. If I had to do it over again, I'd wait and get a 49*, seems the most versatile of them all.

It really seems like the winner of the bunch.

I use my 9 iron.

Niblick's seem to be pretty popular down in the states eh? I know 9 Iron is out west but on the east coast I have only ever seen one in a bag on a coarse. I can't see them getting very popular in these parts. Most stores don't even keep them in stock.

Back