2011 Bridgestone E6 Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This box of the new 2011 Bridgestone E6 golf ball arrived at THP's Illinois office today. I'm really looking forward to getting these out on the course. Some may know that I am a huge fan of the 2010 E6, so I am very interested to see what the 2011 version has to offer. It obviously looks quite different and feels different in the hand due to the dual dimple design.

For those of you unfamiliar with the E6, it is a three-piece ball with a very soft core, ionomer cover, and technology designed to limit side spin. I found the 2010 version to be a great all-around golf ball that was priced towards the middle.

Stay tuned for more info.

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

Sweet!
Does the entire E-Series have the dual dimple design?

E5 is in SD, E7 in PA, it was only a matter of time before the E6 arrive in IL. I'm a fan of the e6 so I'm looking forward to this one.

On a shallow note, I love the packaging Bstone went with.

are the original dimples deeper than these? The pics make it look like the dimples on the W/S 50/50 ball with the shallow dimples. Hawk do you have an older e6 you could snap a side by side pic of?

Are they still doing the orange and yellow? I seem to recall that the colors were limited edition last time.

• Staff
The dual dimple makes it appear that way. Here is a side by side.

4bcffdda-44c9-fc28.jpg

are the original dimples deeper than these? The pics make it look like the dimples on the W/S 50/50 ball with the shallow dimples. Hawk do you have an older e6 you could snap a side by side pic of?

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Last edited:
The dual dimple makes it appear that way. Here is a side by side.
4bcffdda-44c9-fc28.jpg

4bcffdda-44e1-11b0.jpg

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

thanks for the quick pic Hawk! The dual dimple does make them look shallower.

Spent awhile in the Hawk cave chipping and putting with these. Chipping was just was I expected. Basically, a small amount of bite, which is to be expected from a ball with a firmer cover. I did a blind test to see which version (2010 vs 2011) I preferred off of the putter. My basement is dark enough that I couldn't tell which e6 I was putting with. I have to be honest and say that I was expecting to prefer the 2010 ball. Turns out the one that I picked all three times was the 2011. It seemed to have a slightly deeper sound off the putter. However, I felt that it was very similar in terms of the speed that it came off of the face. So far, so good.

I'm going to play this in the simulator tomorrow and may sacrifice one or two to the outdoor range in the name of science.

This was a great ball already and I'm glad that Bridgestone didn't stand pat on the design. I'm curious to the added bonus the dual dimples will have on this ball. I hope these will come in yellow as well.

The dimples remind me of the TopFlite D2's dimple in dimple technology. I'd be curious to see how they'd compare.

i love these balls - when im not that straight off the tee - these are my go too balls - would love to see some launch monitor numbers between old and new.

Great pic's Hawk. Last years E6 was a great ball, I'm looking forward to the review.

The dimples remind me just a little of the Gamer. It looks from the pics that the E6 dimples are sort squared off like |_| rather than U

Looking forward to your thoughts on the e6 Hawkster...is it me or does Bridgestone have the best alignment aids for their golf balls? They are really clear and stand out

I love me some E6 Bridgestone golf balls. Looking forward to your thoughts on the new version!

Looking forward to the review Hawk. This is the ball that the Bridgestone's online fitting suggested for me. Good to hear that others are seeing the claim of straighter distance to be true as that is what I would want from the ball.

The dual dimple..... Is this not the same thing Top Flight has already done with the dimple in dimple?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the e6 Hawkster...is it me or does Bridgestone have the best alignment aids for their golf balls? They are really clear and stand out

They are definitely one of the easiest to see.

Looking forward to the review Hawk. This is the ball that the Bridgestone's online fitting suggested for me. Good to hear that others are seeing the claim of straighter distance to be true as that is what I would want from the ball.

It's definitely my go-to ball when I'm not feeling confident off of the tee. For me, another plus with the 2010 ball was that I compressed it better and got a better launch angle, so my driver distance was much farther.

The dual dimple..... Is this not the same thing Top Flight has already done with the dimple in dimple?

check out the e7 thread and bstoner explains the dual dimple pretty well.

Im so confused by all the talk in the new ball threads that its dimple in dimple so it must be the same as a Top Flite. Here is my reason why.

1. When we see a seamless ball now from many companies do we assume its been done and/or a copy?
2. Heck, when we see dimples at all should we all just assume its been done and/or a copy?

When looking closely there is almost nothing the same in the Top Flite and these outside of two dimples. Shape, style and depth.

I am all for innovation, regardless of who does it. I just dont understand the "two dimples have been done before" talk when in reality dimples at all have been done before and we never say a thing about that. Just confused I guess.

I'm another person who really likes using the e6. I'll be looking forward to your review Hawk. Any word if they'll be continuing the yellow and orange colored ones too?

*Heading over to e7 to read about he dimple in dimple explanation*

Back