ChipInAble Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I could see this being very helpful to many amateur golfers. Proper chipping form can be tough to figure out.

My ankle was very interested in this review, while it may seem awkward and goofy if it helps improve chipping it just may work. Chipping is one of those wildcards for me, if I'm chipping well I'm scoring well. Thanks for the review, T!

Nice job Hanks. Im a touchy feely kind of chipper and have to wonder about losing the distance feel.

Ummmmmm. I don't wanna be that guy... Actually, yeah I do.

The durned thing is 30 bucks???? ITS A NYLON STRAP! Am I the only one who sees a problem here???

between this helping keep my lead arm connected to my body more and something that G4L told me once (always accelerate through the shot) I've noticed my chipping and pitching improve much more than where it was last year. Your ankle is safe but I can't say the same for your noggen.
My ankle was very interested in this review, while it may seem awkward and goofy if it helps improve chipping it just may work. Chipping is one of those wildcards for me, if I'm chipping well I'm scoring well. Thanks for the review, T!

So am I Duey but I think you'll keep the distance feel alive. In fact I think it actually helps the feel part of chipping because you feel when you've hit a crisp chip/pitch better with the form it promotes.
Nice job Hanks. Im a touchy feely kind of chipper and have to wonder about losing the distance feel.

I don't think that using a good technique will affect your feel at all. If anything, it should make you more confident that you will get consistent distance control imo.

The durned thing is 30 bucks???? ITS A NYLON STRAP! Am I the only one who sees a problem here???

I actually don't think $30 is a bad price for this. It's not something that you could easily replicate on your own and seems to be built on some solid methodology.

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I don't think that using a good technique will affect your feel at all. If anything, it should make you more confident that you will get consistent distance control imo.

===== QUOTE aggro ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I actually don't think $30 is a bad price for this. It's not something that you could easily replicate on your own and seems to be built on some solid methodology.

I have to agree with this. You already have me thinking about my arm position reviewing the product. I could see this getting me to the proper position.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

A straight left arm and forward leaning shaft will make your chips and pitches soooo much better. When I blade or chunk a pitch/chip, it's almost always because I broke my wrists and went scooping.

then my review is a success! see what happens Duey and let us know the progress that you see
I have to agree with this. You already have me thinking about my arm position reviewing the product. I could see this getting me to the proper position.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

then my review is a success! see what happens Duey and let us know the progress that you see

Will do! I've always tried to keep my hands out of it and a forward shaft, but struggled to accomplish those goals once my mind switched to the distance part and where I wanted to land the ball. Ive never tried a training aid like this, but sounds to me like it would ingrain that "Feel". We'll see. Thanks for the input.

Good review Hanks, this seems to be a product for those who flip instead of keeping the firm lead wrist. I see it being beneficial to those of us who have pretty good chipping technique but hit those periods of flippiness (?) when we consistently hit some crummy chips for 3 or 4 rounds. It would get us back on track much faster IMO.

Absolutely DD....it's great at forming muscle memory as well
Good review Hanks, this seems to be a product for those who flip instead of keeping the firm lead wrist. I see it being beneficial to those of us who have pretty good chipping technique but hit those periods of flippiness (?) when we consistently hit some crummy chips for 3 or 4 rounds. It would get us back on track much faster IMO.

I'm going to bump this as I just found out Bruce & Lynn created it. I have taken lessons from Bruce in the past and can completely vouch for him as he knows what he's talking about & doing. Lynn, from what I've heard is a fantastic teacher as well! I'm sure they put a ton of thought & research into this. I'll be picking one up from them next time I see them.

Way to go Bruce! Great review!!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Back