The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
john fox, lol

i like john fox, the poor guy gets handcuffed a lot by ownership. they rarely make any offseason moves and that's disappointing. as much as i loved him, julius peppers really hurt what we could/couldn't do this year. now he's a bear and wreaking havoc on the nfc north.

I like John to as a person. I have grown tired of him as a coach though. I really loved him in the begining and I have grown to become frustrated with him through out the years. I think his run, run, pass method does not work great in the NFL anymore. It is way to predictable. It seems more like high school football than NFL. I hope that get somebody that provides a little bit more excitement to the game, rather than predicatblity.

Sidenote: Steve Smith's house is forsale around here.

i understand that some people see value in the combine, but i don't. it's not like chris johnson and vernon davis weren't already on someone's big board and it's not like they were top 5 picks either. what happens in the combine is so unlike what happens on the field it's ridiculous. no pads, no nothing. dumbest thing ever.

Mike Mamula. Combine wonder. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

exactly my point. Davis was projected to be a mid to late first rounder and CJ was thought of as a 2-3rd rounder. Until their workouts happened and then everyone went Lady Gaga over them. Absolutely agree with you about the stupidity of no pads or even not running the 40 with a football in your hand. Dumb

This is exactly right. CJ was considered a guy that would be a 3rd down back in the NFL. Combine came and he moved up to the 1st. Everybody always sees the misses, but they usually dont remember the guys that were found strictly because of the combine. Does anybody remember the Vince Young thing? Listed as a WINNER, a leader, etc...Then he bombed his test and many of his interviews. Was labeled as immature after the combine and a guy that might struggle reading defenses. A couple of teams bypassed that and had him high up on their boards anyway. I think the combine so far has him nailed perfectly.

Fans were outraged "how can a test say if he can be a NFL QB or not"

Crazy thing is Ive heard rumors that they may actually let Fisher go because of the Vince Young feud going on in the locker room. Thats just crazy. If they did Jerry should be all over him.

Crazy thing is Ive heard rumors that they may actually let Fisher go because of the Vince Young feud going on in the locker room. Thats just crazy. If they did Jerry should be all over him.

best beard in the NFL belongs to fisher. he'd look good in that big ol' stadium, but what about JG? he's been pretty good.

best beard in the NFL belongs to fisher. he'd look good in that big ol' stadium, but what about JG? he's been pretty good.

Yeah hes been ok. Cant argue that, the team has responded well to the change. I think Jerry will go for what cost less with a possible work stoppage. Just my opinion though.

that makes too much sense for Jerry Jones lol
Yeah hes been ok. Cant argue that, the team has responded well to the change. I think Jerry will go for what cost less with a possible work stoppage. Just my opinion though.

that makes too much sense for Jerry Jones lol

Hanks speaks the truth. Jerry loves to make a splash too. I wonder if JG would leave if he brought in another coach.

So what does your team need to do for next years playoff run?

Dallas - Secondary help (Train Rex torched it, release or demote Newman), defensive line help (true 3/4 nosetackle), offensive line help, release Barber and find the QB of the future and groom him.

Denver - A new front office and a coach that won't videotape opponents. A WHOLE new defense. Offense can take a break for the offseason except the line. You can never have enough good linemen.

Philly - resign mike Vick at all costs...Kevin kolb isn't gonna cut it.

Get the d healthy and shore up the secondary. A good interior lineman would help also.

Hopefully Vick remembers who took a chance on him when everyone is throwing money at him.

Jets- Sanchez plays smart and doesn't get rattled. D gets some swagger back

Philly - resign mike Vick at all costs...Kevin kolb isn't gonna cut it.

Get the d healthy and shore up the secondary. A good interior lineman would help also.

Hopefully Vick remembers who took a chance on him when everyone is throwing money at him.

I heard he is demanding big money and 3 puppies to be named later.

carolina- uh, where to start. i believe they'll have the first pick of the draft and i'd like to see them trade down, hopefully w/someone like buffalo in exchange for their 2nd round pick. some say we need a franchise QB and i can't debate that b/c i'm not sure. our offensive line has been injured all year and our defensive line is just young and inexperienced. i wouldn't mind seeing them trade down, maybe lock in a solid DT or DE w/1st pick, then in the 2nd round go w/a QB/O lineman/high profile WR. we definitely need some weapons on offense. this was the team that led the league in rushing last year behind a true blue collar o line so i'm not sold on needing another o lineman, banking on everyone being healthy next year.

but

do you pass up on the chance to take a franchise quarterback?

ihaveprettyfeet. Hehehe. Those Jets are a real circus.

Kevin

ihaveprettyfeet. Hehehe. Those Jets are a real circus.

Kevin

As long as they don't bring in a barefoot kicker to replace Folk, this too shall pass

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Dolphins - Need help all over the place on offense. Interior of the offensive line needs upgrading (would LOVE to steal Mankins away from the Pats in free agency). I like Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess at WR, but I'm not sold on Brian Hartline, would love to get a faster WR to stretch the field. The elephant in the room is the QB position, whether the Dolphins want to keep seeing if Chad Henne is the answer or draft another QB. Running back could also get upgraded since Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are both free agents; they need to get at least one guy with breakaway speed back there. Lower down the priority list is a second tight end, and help for the secondary. Oh, the offensive coordinator is most likely retiring after this season, that will be addition by subtraction.

FWIW, my feelings towards Ben Roethlisberger may approach what other people were saying 4 days ago about Desean Jackson. I just don't like the guy at all. My brother actually met him in a bar last spring in South Carolina, didn't get a good feeling about the guy, and it was 2 weeks prior to the allegations against him in Georgia came to light.

The Dolphins should trade a pick or two to the Packers for Almost a Miracle Matt Flynn. He's almost a Patriot killer, and the Dolphins play the Patriots twice a year.

Kevin

Booked my trip to kitna's secret of throwing an interception convention followed by a week of cowboy secondary success of giving up long touchdown passes. Should be a fun 2 weeks.

Booked my trip to kitna's secret of throwing an interception convention followed by a week of cowboy secondary success of giving up long touchdown passes. Should be a fun 2 weeks.

geez that's a waste of money and time haha

Not sure whats worse. A 3rd string Aggie as the Cowboy QB or the Cowboys being terrible.

Not sure whats worse. A 3rd string Aggie as the Cowboy QB or the Cowboys being terrible.

I choose C (listening to Theismann and Millen for 3 hrs)

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back