Shaft pull help needed

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I have done this a hundred times. I build clubs for friends and members at my club several times on a monthly basis.

I recently took in a set of irons from a friend who had asked me to pull the shafts. I have been fighting with the 8 iron for well over an hour now, and it won't budge. I have blasted with so much heat I needed to move the whole operation outside!

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion or tip to loosen up this epoxy. I have no idea what I am going to do.

Thanks

I have done this a hundred times. I build clubs for friends and members at my club several times on a monthly basis.

I recently took in a set of irons from a friend who had asked me to pull the shafts. I have been fighting with the 8 iron for well over an hour now, and it won't budge. I have blasted with so much heat I needed to move the whole operation outside!

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion or tip to loosen up this epoxy. I have no idea what I am going to do.

Thanks

I'd say a shaft puller with minimal heat.

Heat gun or torch?
Steel or graphite?

Steel shafts. I've used both a heat gun and a torch on this particular club. It's like nothing I've ever encountered.

When I had an unruly shaft like that I would put double sided tape around the shaft where it contacted the extractor to give it that little bit of extra gripping power when pulling the head.

Back