The Jordan Spieth Thread

It's just awesome for the game and the future. I've been waiting for the next young guns to take over and I think it really started this weekend .

And what a class guy as well.

All great rivalries have to have a bad guy.

Euros will say Spieth, Americans will say Rory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba has that locked up.

Never understood what prompted the Bubba hate other than that survey

I don't know, both guys are really like able.

Bubba can act like an ass sometimes, but I wouldn't put him in the role of bad guy. Even he did some pretty class act stuff this last week. He just wears his emotions on his sleeve for all to see and judge.
Can't wait for this and I hope Spieth shows some longevity so we can see Rory and him go after one another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He was flat out fun to watch this weekend. I like his demeanor. I like the focus and the ability to move to the next shot.

Is he good for golf? I think he can be great for golf.

He was flat out fun to watch this weekend. I like his demeanor. I like the focus and the ability to move to the next shot.

Is he good for golf? I think he can be great for golf.

Im with Dan. Dude has an awesome demeanor out there.

I'm honestly more excited for the future of American golf and the PGA Tour than I have been since Tiger burst onto the scene in 1997. Spieth putting is, dare I say, very Jack or Tiger like. I think his composure on the course and the maturity of his post round speech today was the best I've ever heard from a 21 year old in any sport. Tiger really never had the same caliber of rivals that Jack did. Obviously Rory and Jordan are not yet Jack or Tiger but we have hope that they might be very, very special.

Rory now has some serious motivation to get better. I love the fact that Jordan does it old school - ice water psyche, Crenshaw putting, and amazingly imaginative recovery and short game skills. It's so refreshing after seeing golf sort of taken over by the bomb-it-and-go-find-it mentality. Maybe Jordan will inspire a new generation of golfers to master the the flat stick and all the short shots instead of the 300 yard carry! I can't wait to see Spieth an Rory battle it out this year - it maybe the start of an amazing era in golf!

Last edited:

Not currently. Ken Schofield was saying how the Euros really like Spieth.

How long can Spieth keep this hot streak going? All year perhaps? A few years? Will he fizzle out before the US Open?

How long can Spieth keep this hot streak going? All year perhaps? A few years? Will he fizzle out before the US Open?

I don't know how long this level of play will continue or if it's just a hot streak but I do believe that he will have a HOF career when it's all said and done.

Can't believe he is still committed to the RBC. I dont think anyone looks down on him for dropping out.

I don't know. Am I the only one not sold on greatness? I like the dude. He just doesn't seem to have "it" to me. Maybe I will see it like everyone else eventually but I don't right now. Maybe when he quits whining to the golf ball so much. Something is amiss...

I don't know. Am I the only one not sold on greatness? I like the dude. He just doesn't seem to have "it" to me. Maybe I will see it like everyone else eventually but I don't right now. Maybe when he quits whining to the golf ball so much. Something is amiss...

"it"? What the heck is "it" if Spieth doesn't have it?

Also, what whining? Asking the ball to travel a certain way? Now talking to a golf ball is whining?

"it"? What the heck is "it" if Spieth doesn't have it?

Also, what whining? Asking the ball to travel a certain way? Now talking to a golf ball is whining?

Its only acceptable for PGA Tour players to drop F Bombs and yell dumba** on camera.

Its only acceptable for PGA Tour players to drop F Bombs and yell dumba** on camera.

seriously.. I'm so confused at what is 'appropriate' for a reaction.

Hit ball.
Shut up.
Don't talk.
Walk to ball.
Hit again.
Don't celebrate.
Earn paycheck.

Last year after a bad shot he would drop the club a lot. I Remer thinking to myself "he should hold on to the club..." didn't see any of that when I watched him this year, either I wasn't paying attention or he has not hit bad shots since he's been playing really solid since end of last year... either way he is in real top form and I like the way he handles himself now too. So much talent at 21. I can't imagine the emotions he had to deal with that final round

I really like they way he carries himself, he has that quiet swagger about him lately just out there getting the job done.

I like that he wants to be a better person than he wants to be a golfer to me that says a ton about him.

I can't say anything about Spieth's "behavior" without being a hypocrite, so I won't.

I guess some guys on this board never get even remotely unhappy with a shot while on course. I applaud you.

I can't say anything about Spieth's "behavior" without being a hypocrite, so I won't.

I guess some guys on this board never get even remotely unhappy with a shot while on course. I applaud you.

haha, sounds kind of boring to me.

I see pulling off that flop shot on 18 yesterday or the approach on 13 today as having "it". Very gutsy shots, the kind required to win on the biggest stage.

Great quote on GC, Everyone in his dads era wanted to be like Mike now they want him to be like Jordan.

The kid is fantastic but I think the media is looking for the next Tiger and what his level of dominance was. I just hope he and many other great young golfers are allowed to breath and play the game.

Back