What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was super pleased with my ball striking today but I had one of the worst putting rounds in memory. My speed was terrible with six lip-outs and four of them ending in 3 putts. I walked off the 18th with a 2 over 74 and 15 GIR. One bad day one the greens is nothing to get upset about.
74 with 4 three putts is impressive. Impressive ball striking indeed!

41/41 with 8 FW and 8 greens. Today I continued getting my driver back under control which made for a much more enjoyable round. The one shot I lost off the tee was trying to clear a hazard instead of laying up and didn't quite make it. I made several 3 putts from leaving putts short and not playing the correct amount of break but was starting them on my intended line. I also found a way to make an 8 on a par 5 without hitting in a hazard by hitting a tree and my ball going backwards behind more trees. Being able to get on the tee and hit driver confidently for the first time in a few weeks was a welcome change and the highlight of my round.

Shot 52/52 with four 3putts and two 4putts. My putting is killing me. :banghead:

Another solid ball striking day, with a TON of putts.

38-38
+4 76
37 putts
6 FIR
14 GIR

50/45 = 95

42 + 40 = 82 today playing with Shaney. Ball striking was really good on the back nine today!

I shot a 43/45 for an 88. I made 10 pars and the rest bogeys or worse. I had a quadruple bogey 9 on the last hole we played. Too many dumb penalties today.

79 (43/36) Even par on the back with 2 birdies, 2 bogeys and 5 pars. Kept the drives out of the woods most of the time, and played smart approaches. Cold day for June, but played with 2 buddies, had a few nice cigars and swapped some good stories - a good day.

46 for my 9 hole round tonight. DIDN'T FIND A FAIRWAY. Not one. Still had 4 looks at birdie (converted 1).

I don't know, a bunch, maybe 110? 5 lost balls, a bunch of really good iron shots over the green (including on every hole on the back 9), drained a few putts, hit out of the desert plants more than I care to admit.
Whatever, I was on a par 5 in two shots, my drive was 330 yds (on the scorecard, not as the crow flies), nice 4I to 25 ft and..... three putts.

I don't know, a bunch, maybe 110? 5 lost balls, a bunch of really good iron shots over the green (including on every hole on the back 9), drained a few putts, hit out of the desert plants more than I care to admit.
Whatever, I was on a par 5 in two shots, my drive was 330 yds (on the scorecard, not as the crow flies), nice 4I to 25 ft and..... three putts.
Hahaha dude this was me on Memorial Day Sunday. Couldn't do ANYTHING. You'll bounce back.

Shot +5 42 in league tonight on the back 9 at my home course which has kicked my butt all year so far.

I went 40/37 for a personal best of 77. I am beyond ecstatic right now. I've come close plenty of times, but never broken 80.

Hit 13/14 fairways, 7 GIR & 30 putts (counting putts from just off the green). The best part I had 3 birdies today and burned the edge on several more attempts.

This is definitely a round I will draw from showing I can do it.

I went 40/37 for a personal best of 77. I am beyond ecstatic right now. I've come close plenty of times, but never broken 80.

Hit 13/14 fairways, 7 GIR & 30 putts (counting putts from just off the green). The best part I had 3 birdies today and burned the edge on several more attempts.

Nice round! Tc 330m for the win :)

38/42 80 at The Delton Club in deltona FL. Not a fancy place but it's my get my confidence back place. Solid ball striking throughout the bag today. Both Driver and wedges were on fire. Brought my 5yr old with me today. He hit Driver Iron and putted on 16/18 holes today. We both had a great day today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
46/45 for a 91 had my best approach day of the season hit 6-/18 greens 7 pars, putting was off a bit today, and it's off the tee or dumb decisions that continue to cost me strokes. Short game is tight though.

First round of the club Match Play championship, I gave three strokes and figured going in that two of those holes I would lose but maybe a tie in the third one would be big. First hole, solid par to go up one, second hole both have birdie putts, I made mine to go two up. Third hole, I'm in tree trouble right but hook around the trees then get up and down for par, up three. Fourth hole, giving a stroke, fail to cut around trees and go into hazard back to two up. Lose 5 to a missed putt now one up. Tie six, great tie on seven hook out of the trees to 15 feet. Lose eight giving a stroke, All Square. Skip nine to get ahead of slow group, can come back to nine if needed. Lots of back pain and tightness set in.

Lose ten to go one down, Capt. Morgan Swing lube applied, lose 11-two down. Capt. Morgan starts to kick in, Birdie 12, one down, Birdie 13 (toughest pin on the back today) and win even though giving a stroke to go all Square. Win 14 with par, one up. Great two putt on 15 to tie. Bogie on 16 to tie. Par 17 two up with two to play. Par 18 to go three up with one to play for the win.

Fun match, we couldn't play until 4:45 pm and finished before dark. I struggled the middle seven holes going seven over but played the rest of them in two under. Birdies on 12 and 13 were crucial and those are two of the three toughest birdies on the course.

Score would have been somewhere around 78 -79. Putting was good with three birdies. Ball striking was decent except the middle holes when my back was giving me fits.

Congrats on the win Don way to battle

Way to kick butt Don!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 39-41-80 today in men's league. I had two holes that killed me, and double on #2 and a triple on #13. Other than that, I played decently well, making 3 birdies and 6 bogeys. Putting was here and there, but made most of the short ones and a couple tough ones but nothing really consistent. I feel like my swing is there but Im having trouble repeating it consistently. I hit some really bad shots today in between really good ones. Felt really bad for my buddy who absolutely blew up on the back 9 with two tens en route to a 60 after posting a 42 on the front. Epic meltdown.

Congrats man. It took awhile for me to break 80, but once I did, it started happening more and more. Great round.

One of the toughest tracks in my rotation. Made that much tougher with aerated greens and wet conditions. Tees were moved a little forward than what the card says. I struggled with driver today, but I kept thinking it was my shoes. These were the first Lunar Controls. Just seemed to weigh my feet down, but I thought I needed them because of the wet conditions. I changed shoes at the turn and started driving the ball much better. Weird, right? Penalties are the only thing that caused this to be an average round. I actually had 4 penalties, guess I missed entering one in. This is my lowest round at this course. When 82 feels like a bad score, I guess the game is in a good place.

42/40 - 82
7 GIRs

zYXaPKO.png

83 tonight with a really poor finish. Tough course in the wind at 6650 yards and 135 slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back