Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I dont. However before bending it, I would strongly suggest hitting the 18* because I am getting almost the same distance I was out of my last 3 wood with the 18*.

So you are saying the 15.5* could take the driver out of the bag! HAHA Just kidding.

Lol!!

It's definitely better than when I hit at the demo day, and I absolutely loved it then. It's opened up a whole different set of shots I wasn't thinking I would have for awhile. I like being in the fairway I've found out haha.

I enjoy the occasional fairway shot too. lol. Golf is a different game when you have some distance and can play from the short grass. Mashie definitely can help with those both.

Great stuff guys, keep it coming.

So you are saying the 15.5* could take the driver out of the bag! HAHA Just kidding.

A rant for a different thread, but I think if more golfers teed off with something 12-15 degrees, it might help them more.

A rant for a different thread, but I think if more golfers teed off with something 12-15 degrees, it might help them more.

What we aren't supposed to have a 5* driver? I can't wait to hit both of the 18* and 15.5* at the demo day. I think it will really throw my 3w out of the bag. I can hit the Mashie so much more consistent than I can with my 3w. I really try to leave the 3w in the bag most of the time, due to my confidence with it.

Thanks Hawk. Fairway bunkers always give me trouble, yes I know that is what they were invented for. lol.

And can anyone tell me why in the world the Mashie only got a silver in Golf Digest when the Diablo Edge was given a gold?? Sorry, I have the DE and I don't think it deserved a gold.

Callaway paid more $$$$ to the magazine? lol

Thanks Hawk. Fairway bunkers always give me trouble, yes I know that is what they were invented for. lol.

And can anyone tell me why in the world the Mashie only got a silver in Golf Digest when the Diablo Edge was given a gold?? Sorry, I have the DE and I don't think it deserved a gold.

If you look at the issue, you will see that it was ALL extremely positive. In fact one said I think "best hybrid I have ever hit". But the demand category killed it. However if this is not a club in demand, I am not sure what is.

I can't wait until this comes out. You guys have convinced me to get one. Hopefully they are at the $149 price point so I can get 2. I'm planning on the 15.5* at the very least, and possibly the 20.5*.

I can't wait until this comes out. You guys have convinced me to get one. Hopefully they are at the $149 price point so I can get 2. I'm planning on the 15.5* at the very least, and possibly the 20.5*.

i look forward to some feedback concerning the 15.5*, and i'm with you, if these bad boys are priced around $149, i'm pulling the trigger on the 18* as well.

i look forward to some feedback concerning the 15.5*, and i'm with you, if these bad boys are priced around $149, i'm pulling the trigger on the 18* as well.

I'm going to see our Cleveland rep soon and he said he should have some demos. I am hoping he has some lower lofts so I can see how I hit them compared to the woods. I'll let you know!!!

KB when I went to the PGA SS I did compare to the 5w also. I actually did use the Cleveland Launcher 5w. I saw more distance with the 5w (about 15-20 yards) but the dispersion was not as tight. I found the Mashie easier to control and a tad more forgiving. It was the first time I've really hit the launcher and I was impressed. For me, I'd still lean more towards the Mashie because of the versatility and ease of use. When I use a 3w off the tee, I never tee it up lol. It just feels easier to get the Mashie in the air and doing what I want it to do. A great wood though for sure.

The launcher is definitely an easy swinger but the Mashie still felt a little more solid during the swing. I can't wait to hear what you think when you get to try them both out!!!

I'm going to see our Cleveland rep soon and he said he should have some demos. I am hoping he has some lower lofts so I can see how I hit them compared to the woods. I'll let you know!!!

Cool, can't wait.

If you look at the issue, you will see that it was ALL extremely positive. In fact one said I think "best hybrid I have ever hit". But the demand category killed it. However if this is not a club in demand, I am not sure what is.

So "demand" is the "popular" vote. Well demand around here for it is quite high from what I've seen.

I've hoarded xmas and birthday money for one or two of these lol, from TV Fund to Mashie Fund!

Loving all of the info from the testing's, too cool.

I've hoarded xmas and birthday money for one or two of these lol, from TV Fund to Mashie Fund!

Loving all of the info from the testing's, too cool.

which ones are you pondering and why?

How does the Mashie compare with the Nickent 4dx hybrid? They got great reviews from THP. The Mashie is way better looking.

How does the Mashie compare with the Nickent 4dx hybrid? They got great reviews from THP. The Mashie is way better looking.

If you check back a couple of pages one of the testers compares the Mashie to his Nickent hybrid.

The Mashie I am currently testing will be replacing my Nickent 4dx hybrid. With the Masie I get better ball figh, better distance, and straighter shots. All a golfer could want out of their club. The Nickent's are great hybrids no doubt, my 23* will still remain in my bag even after this testing, the 14* might need to look for a new home however...lol

What have we missed?

What have we missed?

Ok we have gone 48 pages here and some 700+ posts talking abou the Mashie. We mentioned ball flight and looks of the club and getting out of the rough and hitting at the range and the course. Now I ask those interested, what have we missed? What new questions are still out there that me and my fellow testers have not answered for you. I personally want to hit a few more out of bunkers, should not be a problem with my game lately. Please post here and type what you want to know and we'll get you the answers. Yes this is a fabulous club for alot of people but I don't wantsomeone to the store and spend money and buy this and then not be happy cause it did not do what they wanted it to cause we never tested it here. Bring on the new questions!

Long term testing is just that. Long term testing. It is all about performance on a larger scale and hearing it straight from the consumers. Each round and range session should be documented and hopefully will answer the questions that people have along the way.

Ok we have gone 48 pages here and some 700+ posts talking abou the Mashie. We mentioned ball flight and looks of the club and getting out of the rough and hitting at the range and the course. Now I ask those interested, what have we missed? What new questions are still out there that me and my fellow testers have not answered for you. I personally want to hit a few more out of bunkers, should not be a problem with my game lately. Please post here and type what you want to know and we'll get you the answers. Yes this is a fabulous club for alot of people but I don't wantsomeone to the store and spend money and buy this and then not be happy cause it did not do what they wanted it to cause we never tested it here. Bring on the new questions!

You missed the part where you send your good buddy 9I your Mashie for snow testing!! :D

I can't think of anything at the moment, but I if do, I'll be sure to let you guys know! Keep up the awesome work!!

You missed the part where you send your good buddy 9I your Mashie for snow testing!! :D

I can't think of anything at the moment, but I if do, I'll be sure to let you guys know! Keep up the awesome work!!

I must of missed that you are right.. I will send it today. Go outside and wait for the mail to deliver it to you. :D

Long term testing is just that. Long term testing. It is all about performance on a larger scale and hearing it straight from the consumers. Each round and range session should be documented and hopefully will answer the questions that people have along the way.

I am documenting everything but wanted to knw if someone wanted to know something special, then I would try to do that for them in addition to what I would normally do and report back.

here is a minor detailed question. How is the headcover holding up for those testing? I think the headcover looks good, but I would rather have the kind that was on the DST model. With the sock style is it fraying or have you gotten any holes in it?

here is a minor detailed question. How is the headcover holding up for those testing? I think the headcover looks good, but I would rather have the kind that was on the DST model. With the sock style is it fraying or have you gotten any holes in it?

I agree. Love the DST headcover and hate the sock. With the sock style they start to get loose over time and then they dont stay on very well.

Back