Launch Monitor readouts from work tonight...

Mercer85

Reaction score
Handicap
I tried to narrow my searches for a 3 wood down tonight after slowing down in the golf shop.

Here the readings...5 shots each club.

Burner Superfast 2.0
Swing Speed: 99.9
Ball Veocity: 145.1
Launch Angle: 15.1
Spin: 2397
Carry: 238.1
Total: 260.0

Cleveland FL
Swing Speed: 99.8
Ball Velocity: 142.5
Launch Angle: 13.9
Spin: 2602
Carry: 233.6
Total: 257.9

Speedline F11
Swing Speed: 100.0
Ball Velocity: 139.0
Launch Angle: 13.0
Spin: 2900
Carry: 213.5
Total: 235.5

As you can see the launch angles were very low with the Adams. However, before hitting the 5 shots. I hit one great one with the Adams. The readout was 102.5, 148, 15.5, 2476, 239, 258.

I also hit one with the Superfast 275 yards. The ball velocity was something like 159.

I tried to hit the R11 in this bunch but the two warmups I hit with it I beat into the ground. I can't hit that club for some reason. I truly think its mental.

Nice numbers. My swing speed was similar and I was averaging 220 became my launch angle was sub 10 and my spin was sub 2500...

Tap before talk.

I would actually say that I am not getting that kind of distance.... 260 average with a 3 wood is high for me and I think that 250 would be more accurate.

I would actually say that I am not getting that kind of distance.... 260 average with a 3 wood is high for me and I think that 250 would be more accurate.

Bahah, didn't see the 3 wood portion of your post - those are my about my numbers with the driver.

Tap before talk.

Bahah, didn't see the 3 wood portion of your post - those are my about my numbers with the driver.

Tap before talk.

I was going to say that I would be very happy to have those with my driver.

Moved this one over to fitting.

So did you buy the Superfast 2.0?

Ideal #'s.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Great numbers are some killer distance. I think it is obvious you would go with the 2.0.

Off topic ... how do you get company logos to appear on your signature?

Off topic ... how do you get company logos to appear on your signature?

Settings at the top right> Edit Signature> then it's under the smilies at the bottom of the page. Or if THP has it just type :(companylogoname):

I did not buy the SF 2.0 yet... The reason being... I am waiting on a TMAG Connection Card through my employer. I will wait for that to happen before purchasing anything.

All depends on what you want out of your 3 wood I guess. If you are looking for ball advancement off the tee or off the ground the first one looks good. I would want more spin and more launch with a 3 so I wouldn't take any of them. What 3 woods were you using? Those LA's look very low even for lowest lofted 3's. Heck, the Adams is below the 13.5 loft of the F11 3 strong. You must have a very steep/shallow (could be either I guess) attack, have the ball farther back in your stance, or those LM numbers are not right. With a 3 wood I tend to desire I higher ball flight with a smaller roll out...just me though.

Back