Cobra Has a New Putter

I've got a buddy who games one of the cobra putters with the colored pieces of plastic that glow when light shines on them, like what is used on gun sights. He loves the putter. I think it's this one:
Spoiler
king_cobra_optica_sl_putters.jpg

Ya that is a gun sight(tru glo), i have never seen that one before

I don't believe I have ever before seen a Cobra putter (though I know, as some have mentioned, that they exist). Not too shabby though. The face looks cool.

Here is a old brass Cobra putter I restored a couple of years ago. Not sure on its age, but I'm guessing fifteen to twenty years old.

cobra.jpg

That is gorgeous. Flat gorgeous. Funny that they had the Anvil name back then and it has came back through TP Mills now.

Waiting for someone to bring back the old cobra putter name Bobby Grace used "Fat Lady Swings", one of the early takes on an MOI putter.

Sweet looking stick!

That is gorgeous. Flat gorgeous. Funny that they had the Anvil name back then and it has came back through TP Mills now.
Waiting for someone to bring back the old cobra putter name Bobby Grace used "Fat Lady Swings", one of the early takes on an MOI putter.

I had the same thought when the Mills Anvil putters came out, so I asked about the name and David Mills said it was a play on the fact that his father (Truett i.e T.P) use to beat the metal into a rough shape with a hammer on a anvil thus the name. I don't think he had any idea the name had already been used.
I guess I'm a little two faced with this as I feel David gets a pass for his reason for the name, while had it been Cameron, I would have been one of the first to point out he was copying it.....Go figure...LOL

I am looking for a new putter. I have never been a Cobra fan until I tried the Sg3max irons. I am looking forward to rolling this one.

Back