So who has the craziest frankenstein bag in THP

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
i was having the convo with a buddy the other day about if its better to have all matching same brand clubs or to have clubs you like different years and brands.

so who has the most mismatched bag in here. does it work for you ?

Mine is pretty mixed up. 6 brands.

My vote is for JB. His bag changes on a regular basis. I'll bet there are times he goes to the course and doesn't know what is in it!

I have TaylorMade, Tour Edge Exotics, Bridgestone, Mizuno, Cleveland & Scotty Cameron so that is 6. When I pull the 60* to put in a 5 wood, it is an Orlimar HipTi so then it is 7.

Srixon driver
Nike 3w
Cleveland 3h
Taylormade irons
Mizuno GW
Cleveland SW/LW
Titleist putter
all of this in an Ogio bag

Mine is pretty mixed up. 6 brands.

yea it looks like 6 brands is going to be hard to beat. i wonder if a golfer would have more confadence with an all one brand bag. im not sure?

yea it looks like 6 brands is going to be hard to beat. i wonder if a golfer would have more confadence with an all one brand bag. im not sure?

At one point, I had an all TM bag (except for wedges), but I actually had less confidance because not everything necessarily fit me. To me, the only reason to have a matching bag is if: 1. Every club happens to be perfect for your game, and 2. You are getting paid to be brand loyal.

I'm about 4-5 months away from having an all matching bag, and I can't wait!

Lucky! You fall under category 2. <sarcasm>I hate you</sarcasm> Words of a jealous man.

Lucky! You fall under category 2. <sarcasm>I hate you</sarcasm> Words of a jealous man.

I'm going to be a Callaway homer for a very long time!

I'm with TC. In the past ten years, I was all Callaway (three times-completely different), all Adams and all Ping in the recent past. Works for me.

Right now I am at 5, Callaway, TaylorMade, McGregor, Cleveland, and SeeMore. I will be adding a hybrid so it may go up to 6.

Believe it or not, I am very excited for all of you, right now I am planning on coming down and meeting more THPers and cheering for you. Of course after last weekend at The Kingdom I am partial to TaylorMade.

My bag used to be all Nike, then I went to 5 different brands now I'm at 3 different brands not really on purpose just how things have worked out.

Nike Driver
Cleveland 3W
Nike Irons
Cleveland Wedges
Yes! putter

I thought it was going to be worse, but it looks like I only game 3 brands right now.

I'm only at 3 brands. Cleveland, Callaway, & Cobra

I've had a full Titleist bag and a full Ping bag before,it looks nice but I find better players use what works for them currently I have
Cleveland, MD, Ping, Taylormade and it staying that way for a while :angel:

I'm at 6 brands now:

TM driver ('09 Burner)
Cleveland Ultralite 3W and 2i DST hybrid
Callaway irons ('07 X-Forged)
Adams 52º wedge
Eidolon 57º wedge
Odyssey Putter

In a Fujikura stand bag.

I'm thinking about re-shafting my driver, but other than that, I like my setup. I think I can start doing some real damage soon.

Last edited:
I'm only at 3 right now. I like having matching wedges/irons for some reason I dont understand. Must look nice or something. :D

I'm pretty consistent through the bag with only 3 brands. Was only 2 until recently when I picked up my cleveland driver. Best part is that i'm starting to feel comfortable with my new equipment and hopefully my bag will be pretty set for at least the season.

I had a ton of brands prior to joining the site. I'm now at 3, but that could be 4 when I go for my driver fitting.

Tap before talk.

I'm in at 6 as well, I guess. It will be 7 if I pick up a Cleveland CG16 GW!

Ping Driver
Wishon Fairway
Adams Hybrid
Callaway Irons
Mizuno Wedge
Taylormade Putter

Once my new driver arrives Friday I will have:

Srixon, KZG, Adams, Taylormade, and Cleveland. I did have another in there before just replacing my irons.

Back