Boccieri Heavy Wedge

After my experience today with the Heavy hybrid; I would try this gladly in a heartbeat! Mr Boccieri is definitely onto something with his club creation!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

They are good arent they

Sorry all, I meant "TOUCH" not "TOUGH" ... I fat fingered a quick response. Specifically, those delicate just-off-the-green and short-bounch-stop type shots. Don't get me wrong, I'm drinking from the Boccieri Golf kool-aid, I'm just having a hard time translating full-swing to shorter swings.

I find it easier. When something is too lightweight, it's easy to take off the desired plane or get in the wrong positions.

The heavy wedge keeps me on plane and accelerating which removes most inconsistencies in my short game.

Thainer -

What aspects of these wedges were difficult for you to adjust to? What did you have to adjust?

The weight on these wedges completely threw me off to begin with. With the wedges needing to be the most precise, I found that any ways that I used to 'cheat' with my old wedges I couldnt do anymore. These wedges promote proper tempo from the full swing right down throughout all the little short game swings(chips, pitches, flops, etc) which I truly think is worth its weight in gold to any golfer that games these. The weighting has also made me get back to the basics of short game technique and kept me from returning to my dark past. My short game has come full circle from where it was last may (Outing people saw how brutal I really was inside 30 yards), and I dont have those issues anymore. I honestly think these wedges deserve 90% of that credit.

I dont decelerate, I dont chop at the ball(unless its required), everything is just so much more smooth and fluid than before, which ultimately gives me the feeling like I have more control.

I also am feeling like I am a much better player than I used to be. Missing greens and getting up and in close with these wedges takes a bunch of stress off my putter which has truly helped me become more confident with the flatstick. I also feel much less stress with my irons in my hands because I am not overly worried about missing a green and not being able to get up and down.

But truth be told, the adjustment period was a little long for me, and I did start to get discouraged. But was it worth it? Absolutely.

Thainer -

What aspects of these wedges were difficult for you to adjust to? What did you have to adjust?

The weight on these wedges completely threw me off to begin with. With the wedges needing to be the most precise, I found that any ways that I used to 'cheat' with my old wedges I couldnt do anymore. These wedges promote proper tempo from the full swing right down throughout all the little short game swings(chips, pitches, flops, etc) which I truly think is worth its weight in gold to any golfer that games these. The weighting has also made me get back to the basics of short game technique and kept me from returning to my dark past. My short game has come full circle from where it was last may (Outing people saw how brutal I really was inside 30 yards), and I dont have those issues anymore. I honestly think these wedges deserve 90% of that credit.

I dont decelerate, I dont chop at the ball(unless its required), everything is just so much more smooth and fluid than before, which ultimately gives me the feeling like I have more control.

I also am feeling like I am a much better player than I used to be. Missing greens and getting up and in close with these wedges takes a bunch of stress off my putter which has truly helped me become more confident with the flatstick. I also feel much less stress with my irons in my hands because I am not overly worried about missing a green.

But truth be told, the adjustment period was a little long for me, and I did start to get discouraged. But was it worth it? Absolutely.

That's good stuff right there buddy. I am SUCH a big "tempo" reminder guy (its my one swing thought) and I know form my time with the Heavy Hybrid that the backweighting really does promote that and punish you for not having it, but after adjustment time it actually has helped my swing as a whole.

You've seriously got me pondering the backweighted grips for my Eidolon's, proper tempo throughout the short game is a HUGE thing IMO.

Great answer. I don't know why, but I've always been a little standoffish to these wedges and you know how I love the Boccieri stuff. I need to try them again. I feel like I have a decent short game, but I'd like to just get closer to the hole more often. I liked what you said about taking pressure off the putter. I know that feeling all too well.

Great answer. I don't know why, but I've always been a little standoffish to these wedges and you know how I love the Boccieri stuff. I need to try them again. I feel like I have a decent short game, but I'd like to just get closer to the hole more often. I liked what you said about taking pressure off the putter. I know that feeling all too well.

I seriously think these could be some of the best wedges out there if a golfer can commit to the adjustment period, or start a fresh season with them.

I seriously think these could be some of the best wedges out there if a golfer can commit to the adjustment period, or start a fresh season with them.

And you can also get them on eBay for $50 right now. Great price to give them a go for anyone pondering it.

Wow. That's a steal.

Well I just had the best wedge day of my life. I got up and down from what felt like everywhere on the back 9. On the front I laid up to specific wedge differences all day and shot 34 (-1), with 8 pars and a birdie. I only missed 3 greens on the front, none were easy up and downs. Two lipped out and one left me a simple 4 footer.

This day, with every iron or wedge, has always been about tempo. And I don't think any other club can do what these can do for a golfers tempo.

That's pretty amazing, Thainer!

It is Hawk, it really is.. I started to struggle on the back and started missing greens. But the wedges gave me the confidence that I wasnt going to miss making par. I almost always had a decent chance at par on every hole and thats what really kept me in the round. I felt like I really needed to grind it out, and under the gun, I truly trusted these wedges. Im not sure that I have ever said that before.

That's pretty amazing, Thainer!

Well I just had the best wedge day of my life. I got up and down from what felt like everywhere on the back 9. On the front I laid up to specific wedge differences all day and shot 34 (-1), with 8 pars and a birdie. I only missed 3 greens on the front, none were easy up and downs. Two lipped out and one left me a simple 4 footer.

This day, with every iron or wedge, has always been about tempo. And I don't think any other club can do what these can do for a golfers tempo.

Thainer...I'm ordering some Tour-Lock weights for the wedges now. Between you in this thread and my use of the HH 20*, I'm super intrigued now!

Like I've told you, tempo is my one main swing thought at all times, so I love hearing this stuff buddy.

Good luck dude, I hope it doesnt mess with your swingweight too much in your wedges. I think you might need a few pieces of lead tape to get it back up. But backweighted wedges are so worth it.

Thainer...I'm ordering some Tour-Lock weights for the wedges now. Between you in this thread and my use of the HH 20*, I'm super intrigued now!

Like I've told you, tempo is my one main swing thought at all times, so I love hearing this stuff buddy.

Good luck dude, I hope it doesnt mess with your swingweight too much in your wedges. I think you might need a few pieces of lead tape to get it back up. But backweighted wedges are so worth it.

Yessir, I've always got some lead tape handy, I tend to use it quite often on wedges and putters.

Ya know, Thainer, this is so true. This is my full-swing fault and after spending sometime on the range yesterday, it very well could be my short game problem when it creeps up. I'm going to have to seriously consider the HW as my replacement wedge purchase moves closer.

Ive started to take a more different approach and start learning more shots with more wedges. This technology has been instrumental for me in keeping proper technique throughout my arsenal of short game shots.

Remember how people were so intrigued by the medicus? Well these wedges are like the medicus for your short game. Once you get used to 'em, youll always feel a correction when you arent doing something right. I love these. I am a better golfer with these in my bag.

Back