Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

we can make fun of monty for a lot of things. However, we all know when it comes to Ryder Cup he knows what he is doing. His record speaks for itself. Does that translate in to being a great captain? Not necessarily, however you had to figure he would create a great team atmosphere.

Going to get ugly???Going to get ugly?????????? I'm sick to my stomach. I actually wonder if anybody is starting to shift control of that team in that locker room. They could turn this to their advantage if they know how. However golf is such an individual kind of game most of the time I am not sure the right things will happen. If the right things do happen in that locker room they could come out breathing fire and making their own heat. I for one would prefer no additional play today for that exact reason.

at least they don't have to live in that slop year round either
Maybe Mr & Mrs Pavin got this confused with the Walker Cup?

Surely that's where displays of pure amateurism are best displayed?

At least they remembered their clubs I guess...what a bunch of pilchards

Dang, doooods. You can't be giving away this whole thing after a few holes and some rain. We may have ugly pirate lettering on our bags and rainsuits that don't work, but we do have some pretty damn good golfers.

I agree, I like the attitude buddy!!

I agree, I like the attitude buddy!!

See, Overton is in it to win it. And pick up a couple Welsh lassies in the process.

The US team is the dogs bollox (which I learned from Eddie Izzard is a good thing), this weather is just plain bollox.

Maybe Pavin was too serious throughout this process. After this rain delay, bubba wont be able to control his golf swing. His thumbs have so much energy from not being able to tweet

at least they don't have to live in that slop year round either

Beats living with it

Still I guess this make some people get an atlas out and figure out where Wales is (ie not that close to the equator) and may help lessen teh astonishment of rainfall in the autumn.

we can make fun of monty for a lot of things. However, we all know when it comes to Ryder Cup he knows what he is doing. His record speaks for itself. Does that translate in to being a great captain? Not necessarily, however you had to figure he would create a great team atmosphere.

Nick Faldo was a great Ryder Cup player as well. In fact a few Euros said he was the best ever for them. How did he do as a Captain?

See, Overton is in it to win it. And pick up a couple Welsh middle age, drunk cougars in the process.

fify hawk!

i know there's a bunch of golf left. i'm just wing'ing b/c there's no golf on tv and i've been up since 2

Nick Faldo was a great Ryder Cup player as well. In fact a few Euros said he was the best ever for them. How did he do as a Captain?

Like I said...it does not necessarily translate in to being a great captain. However I would bet that Monty would create a better atmosphere for his team that Faldo would.

Dang, doooods. You can't be giving away this whole thing after a few holes and some rain. We may have ugly pirate lettering on our bags and rainsuits that don't work, but we do have some pretty damn good golfers.

I KNOW we got some good golfers and I fully anticipate that IF we ever get to play some golf, it is going to be close BUT I really don't want to be in a Brookline situation again. Where btw, it was a player's wife who stood up that last night in the team room after dinner, and said "take straight aim at it boys and go get that trophy" and really fired up the team.

Not giving it away. The fact still remains that who ever is most relaxed is going to play better. We all play here and you know when your stuff isn't working right, it quickly influences your mental attitude which leads to some pretty sloppy play. Right now it appears the euro team is much more relaxed.

Beats living with it

Still I guess this make some people get an atlas out and figure out where Wales is (ie not that close to the equator) and may help lessen teh astonishment of rainfall in the autumn.

what's up with you and maps and atlas'? we know where wales is dude. it's a bleak, depressing, rain saturated hole in the UK. wait! that's the entire island, nevermind.

Maybe Mr & Mrs Pavin got this confused with the Walker Cup?

Surely that's where displays of pure amateurism are best displayed?

At least they remembered their clubs I guess...what a bunch of pilchards

In the words of "Walter" from The Big Labowski...

"F%*#ing amateur"

Call me crazy, but I don't think they have cougars in Wales. Cougars gravitate towards the sun. Jeff, can you confirm?

what's up with you and maps and atlas'? we know where wales is dude. it's a bleak, depressing, rain saturated hole in the UK. wait! that's the entire island, nevermind.

With a kind of ugly squat dog the Queen fancies

Poulter just tweeted a great movie of Bubba Watson tossing USA/Ryder Cup badges off the balcony of the US Team Room. Bubba certainly enjoying himself

From Twitter: @IanJamesPoulter

http://twitvid.com/SGTAV - Bubba Watson throwing USA badges out from there balcony as we are all signing. He can't tweet so I will.

wrong.....best and only thing to ever come from Wales
Spoiler
windsors-diana-web.jpg
[/IMG]

Call me crazy, but I don't think they have cougars in Wales. Cougars gravitate towards the sun. Jeff, can you confirm?

We don't have anything to do with it. The problem is they look shaken and they have every reason to be shaken. As I said before it is not like these guys play as a team on a regular basis. When your leadership can't find its own ass with two hands and a hunting dog you have to find a way to turn that to your benefit or it will be a detriment. It is real easy to get steamrolled in situations like this. I hope it doesn't happen but if it doesn't it will likely be because the players get together and take some control of this team and this situation. Do you really think they are lined up behind Pavin at this point? They were not prepared for a rainstorm!!!! in Wales!!!! Like I said before, I would love to see no more play today. It would be the best thing that could happen to them if they know how to use the time. I just hope there are some ex football or baseball or basketball players in there.

The other thing that might work for them is that the Euros might get cocky especially on their own turf and that could work for us as well if we know how to use it. I could just hear he Euro's now. "Did you see those guys? My dog looks better coming in from a rainstorm".

Shame she wasn't Welsh - other than that a great post

according to the weather website on rydercup.com, it is not raining anymore. Update should be coming in about 15

hmmmm, I have a feeling these guys are not quite as upset/beaten/concerned as they are being made out to be. A wet rainsuit is annoying, but I'm sure they are dry now and they have new suits. I would bet that they are thinking about it far less than everybody else. We have multiple MAJOR champions on our team. They know how to handle pressure.

Good quote "Bubba cant tweet, so i will:

LOL!
Poulter just tweeted a great movie of Bubba Watson tossing USA/Ryder Cup badges off the balcony of the US Team Room. Bubba certainly enjoying himself

From Twitter: @IanJamesPoulter

http://twitvid.com/SGTAV - Bubba Watson throwing USA badges out from there balcony as we are all signing. He can't tweet so I will.

Back