Off Season Swing - Tips Encouraged!

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, just thought i'd post my swing during the off season to get some quick feedback from anyone that would like to chime in. This was recorded in mid march and I am a bit rusty so I am looking to fine tune my swing as summer rolls along as I have a bunch of flaws here.

Couple things I noticed already that I probably don't need pointed out as I am working with my pro on them right now:

-Back Leg Straightens on backswing
-No Wrist Hinge at top of the swing
-Iron swing doesn't get very far back

Anything other input in either videos is greatly appreciate guys!

Sorry for the small videos, they were recorded with an iphone.

8 Iron:

[youtube]ksL7vMQlAqk[/youtube]

4 Wood:

[youtube]9sKpu9IGtnI[/youtube]

Thanks again!

I don't see any problem with such a short backswing on the irons. It also depends on how much your shoulders turn, but that's hard to tell from the current angle. Slowed down and front/side angles would be more helpful.

BUT I think it looks pretty darn good. Dare I say that your long game isn't what keeps you from cutting your handicap?

I don't see any problem with such a short backswing on the irons. It also depends on how much your shoulders turn, but that's hard to tell from the current angle. Slowed down and front/side angles would be more helpful.

BUT I think it looks pretty darn good. Dare I say that your long game isn't what keeps you from cutting your handicap?

Thanks pete, I don't hit the driver very impressively but it doesn't hinder me at all, what makes you say that?

Mainly the head dropping and raising is whatll hold you back.

Agreed, Here in this video last summer the pro and I worked on keeping down through the ball, in this video it's clearly shown. Not sure how much my swing has changed though. This was right during my swing change.

[youtube]DkcNZSLEH_k[/youtube]

Thanks pete, I don't hit the driver very impressively but it doesn't hinder me at all, what makes you say that?

Your swing is pretty uncomplicated and thus repeatable.

I wouldn't worry about the movement of your head - all players move a bit and you don't move more than many tour players do.

I am with Pete on both points. Your head movement is minimal and I too see no problem with a short back swing. There is more control in a short back swing. If you look at many pros they have short back swings in the irons as well. I am no pro, but things are looking pretty good to me.

I am with Pete on both points. Your head movement is minimal and I too see no problem with a short back swing. There is more control in a short back swing. If you look at many pros they have short back swings in the irons as well. I am no pro, but things are looking pretty good to me.

thanks Teeth!

I was going to post the same, no problems with a short iron swing. I did the same in mostly my short irons and gained quite a bit of accuracy. The distance loss isn't that great because your contact becomes much better and reduces miss hits.

I was going to post the same, no problems with a short iron swing. I did the same in mostly my short irons and gained quite a bit of accuracy. The distance loss isn't that great because your contact becomes much better and reduces miss hits.

Agreed, I'm not even concerned about distance one bit. Was just wondering because I've never seen anyone with that short of a swing but if there is no problems with it then it's fine with me :D

My friend is a scratch golfer and bombs the ball with a really short backswing. He's also a teaching pro and always says the shorter backswing you can have and still get the distance you need the better.

I am no position to offer swing advice as I am breaking mine down as well. You do seem to have a very quick backswing. Not sure if that is an issue or not. I see a lot of pros take it back quickly as well. You don't seem to be rocking around so maybe the backswing is just fine for you. Good work compared to your older swing.

Back